2019 and 2020 4" to 8" Screen Upgrade + Drive Mode Toggle Switch Enable Writeup

Rojito_95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT PP1/MT82, 95 F-150 XL "custom"
Hey Indy, please don't delete it. It was an awesome guide just missing a few of the Forscan changes to complete the swap.

My advice is just purchase something from Hextall, if not the whole kit but maybe the APIM that you want to use (Nav or no Nav) and Tom charges $35.00 hr. to do the rest of the changes for Forscan via remotely.

It really was plug and play if you have a 2019 and 2020 other than the few additional Forscan changes. There are some changes done with the 2021+ cars but I can't confirm that.
That’s good to know that he does it remotely, I suppose I’ll get in touch with him
Sponsored

KoreanKK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KK
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost 101A automatic
I honestly don't get why Ford could just make 101A and 301A the base model. That 4 inch screen is just unacceptable. The vehicle's design is one of the best in the market and they even bother to cover all the exterior with LED lights, but only to lack the basic touch screen that 20k economy cars come standard with? Really hope that the base s650 vehicles are equipped better.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I honestly don't get why Ford could just make 101A and 301A the base model. That 4 inch screen is just unacceptable. The vehicle's design is one of the best in the market and they even bother to cover all the exterior with LED lights, but only to lack the basic touch screen that 20k economy cars come standard with? Really hope that the base s650 vehicles are equipped better.
There are enough customers that don't give two poos about infotainment 🤷‍♂️

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
Do y'all have a good part number for the 8" screen? I have good part numbers for the bezel and apim but can't find a 8" screen part number to save my life..

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
There is also a ton of us that do give two poos about infotainment. Its a big business that does this conversion.

Sponsored

Rojito_95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT PP1/MT82, 95 F-150 XL "custom"
I agree man, especially when its only a $250 option on an F-series, but a $2200 option on the mustangs.... it really should be standard equipment

KoreanKK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KK
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost 101A automatic
It is not just about the 4 inch screen, tbh. It is rather the fact that it looks so ugly and looks like a 5 minute rushed job. They could definitely make the very base model interior look nicer, but they just wanted to slam whatever they could find in a 10 year old F-150's in them. On top of that, 100A and 300A do not even come with the toggle switches and miss some driving modes which is pretty nasty. I get that there are people who don't care about the interior at all, but at least they could make the job look well thought-out.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
It is not just about the 4 inch screen, tbh. It is rather the fact that it looks so ugly and looks like a 5 minute rushed job. They could definitely make the very base model interior look nicer, but they just wanted to slam whatever they could find in a 10 year old F-150's in them. On top of that, 100A and 300A do not even come with the toggle switches and miss some driving modes which is pretty nasty. I get that there are people who don't care about the interior at all, but at least they could make the job look well thought-out.
Ford, like every other mfg, thinks customers ought to pay extra for better features, bells and whistles. The 100/300A console is likely the bare minimum they had to do for the backup camera (which is required by federal law). Somebody had to engineer that thing. It's not great, but I bet it could have looked worse than it does.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
So can anyone confirm if the bezel KR3T-18E45-EB is correct?

I got my sync3 stuff done today but I don't have any climate control functionality among others.
Did I order the wrong bezel? It's the one with no heated/cooled seats.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Meh, the one thing that's stopped me converting my 300A car to the 8 inch screen is the fact I hate touch screens and the fingerprints that are always being deposited on them. Sure, the 4 inch screen looks outdated, but the system functions just fine and it always stays clean. Not having drive modes is definitely silly though. But with a manual car you don't really benefit from them (and they do actually give you a way to activate track mode at least), so that's also whatever.

Sponsored

Tripp169

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just wanted to first say thank you for this write up it was very helpful, I installed last weekend in my 19 and everything is smooth except I’m having issues with the chime for doors open/back up camera proximity sensor chime not playing through the radio.

instead it is reverting to the small speaker that plays in the event the radio/normal speakers isn’t working

I saw this issue mentioned twice on page 9 but didn’t seem like a response was posted, any idea what line might need adjusting in forscan?

OP
OP
IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Just wanted to first say thank you for this write up it was very helpful, I installed last weekend in my 19 and everything is smooth except I’m having issues with the chime for doors open/back up camera proximity sensor chime not playing through the radio.

instead it is reverting to the small speaker that plays in the event the radio/normal speakers isn’t working

I saw this issue mentioned twice on page 9 but didn’t seem like a response was posted, any idea what line might need adjusting in forscan?

I no longer own a mustang so I can't troubleshoot these things anymore. So sorry!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
Love it. It's a little rocket lol, very hard to compare the two.
They're badass cars. Purists seem to argue but man they are sharp sharp sharp. Nimble little bastards too lol
Sponsored