IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
They're badass cars. Purists seem to argue but man they are sharp sharp sharp. Nimble little bastards too lol
I've owned a couple MKIII and an MKIV as well. I love when the purists come out of the woodwork and tell me it's not a supra, 90% of them have never owned one. :cwl:
Sponsored

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
I've owned a couple MKIII and an MKIV as well. I love when the purists come out of the woodwork and tell me it's not a supra, 90% of them have never owned one. :cwl:
Good taste!

Avery202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver Mustang
Hey did you e
I didn't see where that info was either but when I looked at the settings menu in Sync it showed my VIN already. Am I missing something?

My car still says 999 miles to empty... How long is that supposed to last?
Hey did you ever find out how to fix this

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Hey did you ever find out how to fix this
No I never did - the distance to empty value would drop over time, but went back up to 999 if I disconnected the battery. I think it's got to be something I missed with ForScan, but I never found it. I sold the car and bought a GT350. Someone on the ForScan forum might know.

Edit: this thread might contain some useful information, I read a few places on the ForScan forum that the DTE will adjust over time but might take a while.
https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14698&p=50940&hilit=Distance+Empty#p50940

Last edited:

Avery202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver Mustang
T
No I never did - the distance to empty value would drop over time, but went back up to 999 if I disconnected the battery. I think it's got to be something I missed with ForScan, but I never found it. I sold the car and bought a GT350. Someone on the ForScan forum might know.

Edit: this thread might contain some useful information, I read a few places on the ForScan forum that the DTE will adjust over time but might take a while.
https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14698&p=50940&hilit=Distance+Empty#p50940
Thanks I'll keep looking

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
Thanks I'll keep looking
BTW, I only had the my GT for a few weeks after I did the swap and I was barely driving it due to the pandemic situation. In my case it might not have been enough time/driving for the DTE calculation to update.

Assuming you're experiencing the same thing, how long have you had the high values for DTE?

Avery202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver Mustang
BTW, I only had the my GT for a few weeks after I did the swap and I was barely driving it due to the pandemic situation. In my case it might not have been enough time/driving for the DTE calculation to update.

Assuming you're experiencing the same thing, how long have you had the high values for DTE?
Just a day

NovaSayan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sayan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hey guys! I’m new to this website but this thread has been such a great amount of help. It really cleared up the differences between the 2019+ models in terms of Sync 3. I’m new to this and I went through the entire thread but am still a bit confused on some parts. My apologies if these questions have been answered before
My current goal is to just get sync 3 and Apple car play running. I can worry about the drive modes later. I have a 2021 GT. I know it’s been stated that the 2021’s have more lines in order to code the drive modes, but is Sync 3 still plug and play for the 2021’s? I only need the screen, the APIM (which attaches to the screen), and the premium bezel right? I’ve seen some posts mention the radio so I’m just making sure. Also, does it matter if the bezel has the cold/warm seat buttons or not? I know they wouldn’t work on a base gt, but would using one of those bezels cause issues? I only really see those bezels listedLast question, does the bezel, screen, and the APIM need to be 2019+ models? I’ve seen a lot of posts mentioning to get the 2019 or 2020 versions, so I’d assume it’d be problematic if I got one from a previous year mustang?

OP
OP
IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Hey guys! I’m new to this website but this thread has been such a great amount of help. It really cleared up the differences between the 2019+ models in terms of Sync 3. I’m new to this and I went through the entire thread but am still a bit confused on some parts. My apologies if these questions have been answered before
My current goal is to just get sync 3 and Apple car play running. I can worry about the drive modes later. I have a 2021 GT. I know it’s been stated that the 2021’s have more lines in order to code the drive modes, but is Sync 3 still plug and play for the 2021’s? I only need the screen, the APIM (which attaches to the screen), and the premium bezel right? I’ve seen some posts mention the radio so I’m just making sure. Also, does it matter if the bezel has the cold/warm seat buttons or not? I know they wouldn’t work on a base gt, but would using one of those bezels cause issues? I only really see those bezels listedLast question, does the bezel, screen, and the APIM need to be 2019+ models? I’ve seen a lot of posts mentioning to get the 2019 or 2020 versions, so I’d assume it’d be problematic if I got one from a previous year mustang?
Having the AC/Heated seats does not affect anything, they just won't work. I used a heated seat bezel on my base PP1 car and it worked just fine. I can't answer anything else, because my experience is limited to a 2020. However, I did read people were having issues with 2017 bezels/screens in their 2020's so I would stick to 19+ just to avoid any possible issues.

NovaSayan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sayan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Having the AC/Heated seats does not affect anything, they just won't work. I used a heated seat bezel on my base PP1 car and it worked just fine. I can't answer anything else, because my experience is limited to a 2020. However, I did read people were having issues with 2017 bezels/screens in their 2020's so I would stick to 19+ just to avoid any possible issues.
Agh thank you for the info! I’ll do my best to find 2019+ parts then. For you, all of the parts were just plug and play right? The only time you needed to program was for the drive modes?

Sponsored

NovaSayan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sayan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Sorry to bump twice, but I was really hoping for a quick response on this because a seller gave me a pretty solid deal. Does anyone know if a 2019 APIM and Bezel would work on a 2021?

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to bump twice, but I was really hoping for a quick response on this because a seller gave me a pretty solid deal. Does anyone know if a 2019 APIM and Bezel would work on a 2021?
🤷‍♂️ Probably will be fine; Some of the ForScan changes are prob where the differences are.
If you already have the parts, why not try the install and report back what you find. It would help anyone else that has the same questions you do.

Leosegura155

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leonardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Didn't matter for mine, I updated based on the vin in the radio (usb download from my computer) and it worked fine. If you updated based on your vin, you don't have a sync3 radio.
We’re you able to use FordPass ? With the remote start

Leosegura155

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leonardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I swapped out mine but the VIN on the sync 3 is different from my car. FordPass works but I just don’t get the fancy features with the mobile remote start. My sync 3 has no nav
Sponsored