Introducing Soler Prf. DLX Bluetooth Throttle Controller

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
No, I'm afraid not. The extension cable is hard connected to the control module. No way to shorten it. Only mentioned the USB C in case you needed to extend it for any reason.

Proshop is right. It is 6 ft. Don't sweat coiling it up. Thats what zip ties are for. Its hidden under the dash so its not visible
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Stingray, 2021 GT Premium
OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Odd question, does your iOS app work with Carplay? If so, are all functions available on the touchscreen or only some?
Won't work with car play. Apple is very selective on which Apps they let integrate.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I installed mine yesterday. I found that removing the throttle pedal (3 bolts) helped in a super clean wiring solution. took less than 15 minutes.
I am not using the control module, so I tightly coiled the usb-c cable and zip tied it to the harness bundle, Nothing hanging down and looks totally factory and invisible.

Bluetooth connection to my phone was flawless.

Now, it has to stop raining and snowing so I can road test it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Would this work for a mustang gt 5.0 MY2017 Europe specs?
Paco, there's no reason why it wouldn't. But if you'd like to confirm; could you please provide the part number for your accelerator pedal assembly? See pic below where to find it.

Pedal Assembly.gif

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered one of these last night. I currently run a JMS Boost-a-Pump in my car for nitrous and I hope this wonā€™t interfere with that setup.
Thanks, Adrian. Is the pump booster connected to the pedal? If so, the two of them combined can draw too much current and set a DTC. Just a heads-up, we have no issues shall you need to return it.

Also, if it turns out that using it together with the pump booster will draw too much current, you can remove the display to reduce it, and see if that will do it.

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

s550warri0r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks, Adrian. Is the pump booster connected to the pedal? If so, the two of them combined can draw too much current and set a DTC. Just a heads-up, we have no issues shall you need to return it.

Also, if it turns out that using it together with the pump booster will draw too much current, you can remove the display to reduce it, and see if that will do it.
Yes, my pump booster is connected to the pedal. It is set to boost the voltage at 75% throttle only. Can you tell me how much current the throttle controller draws with and without the display? I sure hope it works because I was hoping to get rid of the throttle lag on my car. Iā€™ve always disliked that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

s550warri0r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I sure hope it works because I was hoping to get rid of the throttle lag on my car. Iā€™ve always disliked that.
I'm just the layman here but isn't the Bullitt / GT350 or any S-style TB lower blade angles the issue with lag ?
Soler is about the only company around that describes his S-style TB mods to improve that area. Actually I've never see a more compressive website TECH page than Soler Performance regarding TB dynamics.
With Fords torque based ECM programing the throttle table vs. TB aperture / blade diameter are extremely sensitivity to change. I think this is why some tuners push back on the 5.0L 80mm to 87mm conversion. Ford Performance was originally the only game in town that dialed in the 5.0L 87mm TB and the 5.0L 87mm TB / GT350 manifold combination.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I didnā€™t even see it was a mustang only code, my apology but I do have a mustang too šŸ˜‚
We don't mind at all. On the contrary, I hope it serves (and it has) as a motivator to introduce ourselves to the truck community as well.

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I'm just the layman here but isn't the Bullitt / GT350 or any S-style TB lower blade angles the issue with lag ?
Soler is about the only company around that describes his S-style TB mods to improve that area. Actually I've never see a more compressive website TECH page than Soler Performance regarding TB dynamics.
With Fords torque based ECM programing the throttle table vs. TB aperture / blade diameter are extremely sensitivity to change. I think this is why some tuners push back on the 5.0L 80mm to 87mm conversion. Ford Performance was originally the only game in town that dialed in the 5.0L 87mm TB and 87mm TB GT350 manifold combination.
The S-shape contributes to that, but the pedal, or the ECM actually, is mapped to give very little initially. This is why we recommend both the TB and TC.
Sponsored