Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Stingray, 2021 GT Premium
Hello, Everyone. We are pleased to announce that our Deluxe (DLX) Bluetooth Throttle Controller is now available at a very attractive introductory price. MSRP $240, now $125 for a limited time. Yes, let's break the ice here with Mustangs with prices, features, and performance no one else can claim.

https://www.solerengineering.com/ford-motor/se0622-tc. Use code "ACCELERATE"

Check us out in the Corvette and Camaro world and see who are. New to Mustangs? Yes, but we have done our homework. Our products for Ford were tested right here in this forum. See thread below.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...driven-throttle-controllers-for-s550s.165616/

Here's a brief summary. (We have also attached the user manual for those who want to dig deeper into the details)

Simply the most; advanced, wide-spectrum, compact, durable, and, arguably aesthetically pleasing throttle controller in the market.
  • Ten Modes, with a total of 64 possible settings (see chart).
  • Dual control, directly on the display or remotely from your smart device.
  • Sturdy aluminum construction, buttons, and heavy-duty harness.
  • Self-adjusting OLED display intensity for optimum visibility.
  • Fail-safe vehicle-specific design.
  • Does not require the display to operate, for those who prefer a fully concealed device.
01-Display Real Iso.jpg
05-Display Features Color.jpg
04-App and Display.gif
03-Contents.jpg
Description of Modes and Settings.JPG
02-Performance Full (Filled with Logo).png
Screenshot 2021-10-22 140518.gif
Sponsored

Attachments

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Mike, thanks for your reply to my post. This may be a good solution. A couple of questions, does the controller disable launch control, and on the throttle response graph, it's not clear which line and/or colored area corresponds to which setting. The explanation of how the throttle works on the company website is a bit (well, ok, a lot) simplified from what goes on in the PCM.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Question about lock and valet mode. What method of security do you have to prevent someone unlocking when it's in lock or valet mode?

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mike, thanks for your reply to my post. This may be a good solution. A couple of questions, does the controller disable launch control, and on the throttle response graph, it's not clear which line and/or colored area corresponds to which setting. The explanation of how the throttle works on the company website is a bit (well, ok, a lot) simplified from what goes on in the PCM.
The controller doesn't disable launch control. Make sure you are in DRG, LU, SP, CF, or OEM mode when using launch control.

See legend at the top left corner of plot. I.e. the orange area represents a family of curves similarly shaped of Sport Mode (SP), so SP0 will be the lowest SP curve, right above the yellow, while SP9 will be the highest SP curve, right under the pink.

Yes, the final output is determined by the ECM, but it has a big component coming from the driver demand. In most cases, it will do as intended by the driver. It will respond, no concerns about that.

02-Performance Full (Filled with Logo) PNG TRANS.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Question about lock and valet mode. What method of security do you have to prevent someone unlocking when it's in lock or valet mode?
To avoid tampering, it is best to conceal the display. Also, this is a modular design, so you can opt to not install the display at all. This way, changes can be made only from your smart device.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Any benefits from this on a custom tuned car?

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Any benefits from this on a custom tuned car?
Sure, even if the tune included changing the throttle mapping, you can still find many advantages to adding a controller.

1) The tune is limited in the amount it can change the throttle response. The range of change possible with the controller is much wider.

2) The throttle response in the tune is one (fixed) per tune. While it is variable with the controller (on the spot, while driving). You might want to change the throttle response for different users, driving conditions, fuel economy, or even mood.

3) Valet and anti-theft (lock) modes.

This mod does not compete with tunes, it rather enhances it. The controller cannot do anything a tune does in terms of power, but the tune cannot do everything a controller can in terms of response and ease of control/adjustability. Many customers are surprised by how much a tuned car can still change when you add a controller.

Thanks,

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Sure, even if the tune included changing the throttle mapping, you can still find many advantages to adding a controller.

1) The tune is limited in the amount it can change the throttle response. The range of change possible with the controller is much wider.

2) The throttle response in the tune is one (fixed) per tune. While it is variable with the controller (on the spot, while driving). You might want to change the throttle response for different users, driving conditions, fuel economy, or even mood.

3) Valet and anti-theft (lock) modes.

This mod does not compete with tunes, it rather enhances it. The controller cannot do anything a tune does in terms of power, but the tune cannot do everything a controller can in terms of response and ease of control/adjustability. Many customers are surprised by how much a tuned car can still change when you add a controller.

Thanks,
Mike thank you for the answer and knowledge! Might pick one up and see what results I can get from it.

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
So I’m gonna jump on the band wagon with my initial thoughts…. First of all customer service seems top notch as was the shipping. I ordered on Tuesday and received it on Thursday. We are only two states away but it is Christmas season and most packages get delayed because of that and I paid for the cheapest shipping possible because I didn’t need it right this second. Packaging of the unit is very good quality and the instructions are very easy to understand as is the App. Install was a breeze had it done in about 2 mins other than zip tying the wires and deciding if I wanted to use the display and if so where to put it. I will advise anyone who buys this make sure you have a device that can clear a cel. I followed the instructions to the T and still had the cel pop and it sent my car all crazy. Cleared the codes with my OBD fusion App restarted the car and no problems after that.

This is my second throttle controller I’ve ever owed (my wife and I both owned banks peddle monsters for our Dodge Rams). As advertised this unit definitely helps out with the electronic throttle lag that new cars can be prone too. I currently have it on sport 4 and took it for about a 20 min drive and the car had no hesitation when hitting the gas pedal at stop lights or making a full pull at 65mph and just goes. My car is currently highly modified with custom tune and the throttle controller seems to be the icing on the cake with my other modifications which is exactly what I was looking for. Definitely looking forward to what the long haul brings with longevity as well as selecting some other modes on the controller for even faster response. Kudos to Soler for making a great product!

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Well then, now I need to buy one! Thanks for the answers, Mike.

Given you cant do launch control with a direct mechanical throttle, electric throttles leave a lot to be desired on these cars. I have no idea why.

FEIW, setting EC0 woukd be closest to an old fashioned rod-actuated throttle on a 4 barrel double pumper carb (all the kids are scratching their heads asking WTF is with this geezer anyway?). That is how the pedal is supposed to work on a street driven car. You want lots of pedal travel at light load so you can be in the 4th of July parade without hitting the baton twirlers infringement of you.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Oh yeah, almost forgot. Merry Christmas!

Fordohio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WIlliam
Vehicle(s)
73 F100 20 Mustang GT
I have a base GT with the drive modes. Will this override the different throttle profiles on the different OE drive modes? Or will the throttle curve stay the same regardless to the drive mode?
Sponsored