Sponsored

Introducing Soler Prf. DLX Bluetooth Throttle Controller

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Thanks for the update, very helpful. Did the instructions state to open the trunk? I must have missed that part.
Sponsored

demon67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang Coupe / 21 GT Premium 6MT
I don't recall the exact wording but they implied you should open the passenger door and trunk.

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
Thanks, Paco. Yes, it is compatible.
I have another question, if I know I should have asked before ordering, haha.
In the OBD port I currently have this connected, http://performancemods.com/hp-tuners-ngauge/ I only use it as monitoring,then to be able to install now the
Soler Prf. DLX Bluetooth Throttle Controller I have thought of putting this connector https://www.amazon.es/dp/B08MW2D9DF/ref=pe_27091411_487029541_TE_SCE_dp_1?th=1

Is there a problem with having both connected to the OBD port?

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
The Soler throttle controller doesn't connect anything to your OBD port. It is connected at the pedal only.

Sponsored

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
The Soler throttle controller doesn't connect anything to your OBD port. It is connected at the pedal only.
It's true, I don't know why I thought it was connected to OBD.
Thank you very much

celica0774

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT convertible PP1
It won't override but rather scale your OE drive modes by the same factor. Meaning when you set the controller i.e SP5 will scale the response 1.75X, that 75% increase will apply to any OE mode you select. The same applies to custom tunes.
I understand how most of the modes scale the throttle response.
How does the AI mode work? Does it try to pick one of the other modes, or generate a custom curve? Sounds complicated, I would expect that my 6sp manual would try to get a different curve for each gear. Will this device be able to "see" the selected gear?
Also, does Valet mode just set max/min throttle position on the normal curve?

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
I don't recall the exact wording but they implied you should open the passenger door and trunk.
when i did mine i just left the drivers door open, brought the key fob inside the house and waited 10 minutes. i didnt get any error codes when i started the car.

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Stingray, 2021 GT Premium
I understand how most of the modes scale the throttle response.
How does the AI mode work? Does it try to pick one of the other modes, or generate a custom curve? Sounds complicated, I would expect that my 6sp manual would try to get a different curve for each gear. Will this device be able to "see" the selected gear?
Also, does Valet mode just set max/min throttle position on the normal curve?
AI monitors position and rate then builds a short-term average and a long-term average based on the short terms (like the fuel trims). It will pick the closest existing Mode.Level to match your driving style. So, it is not tied to the current gear selected, same curve for each gear.

Valet runs along the OEM curve and flattens at a given position under 60% depending on Valet.Level.

Thanks!

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Finally got mine installed this afternoon. I chose like another to remove the 3 nuts (.25” drive with 10 mm socket, universal joint and ratchet with my Milwaukee Driver and pedal was out in 2 min. Not necessary but made it easier. If you are over 180lbs or broad shouldered it can be tight getting an arm up there and releasing the clip.

It is tight under there even with the seat all the way back. Managed to get everything installed and no codes.

I must say I absolutely love the way the throttle responds now. I have a manual transmission which means a lot of on and off throttle. I set the Mustangs Normal with Comfort 8 on the device. I set The Mustangs Sport+ mode to Sport 6 on the device. Finally I set the Mustangs Track Mode to Ludicrous 3. When I switch vehicle modes I can set the Device to a specific setting to correspond.

I did not experiment with the other setting as of yet. Highly recommend, especially with the discount.

For reference here is the pedal and connection from the factory before installing the device.
6B3983E1-AB44-4E4B-8D64-A51431B3E89A.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

mustang347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT PP1 401a, A10, Lund tuned
got mine yesterday and installed it before i went to lunch today. Of course first setting was drag and let me say you should only use it strighline and full throttle...it is not good in traffic lol. Shipping was quick and install was a breeze. I pulled the tune out of the car so I can get a base line of how the controller effects the car. Im sure sport will be the go to setting I will stay with and then load the tune back in. So far i am happy with my purchase.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Tell us more about the Drag Race setting? Is it too touchy or jumpy for normal driving? How did it perform with traction control on and off? Thanks

mustang347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if you are trying to feather the throttle its is pretty jumpy but just putting her to the floor works out great. traction was an issue with traction control off AND on. I was at a stop sign and turned the traction control off and just floored it and had to let out once it hit 4th gear because the back was coming around. it would never do that from a dead stop until i had the tune. I have 305 nittos on the back so there is no lack of contact patch to the pavement. To be fair though i only have a few miles driven since the install this morning. I cant wait to play with it some more and then see how it reacts on the tune and E85. i know it doesn't make the car faster but it makes it fun.

mustang347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
update...i have a 40 minute commute so I had it on ludicrus 8 and its pretty touchy on the freeway...I am not one to drive with cruise control and just the slightest input would change my MPH by 3-5 up and down. think i have settled on sport 6 for most of my driving. Of course that may change since it has really only been a day that I have been playing with it.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Sport 6 is about where I have settled for the smooth throttle. I switch if want to drive ludicrously lol
Sponsored