Free Soler Prf. App Driven Throttle Controllers for S550's

frank_white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Convertible, Velocity Blue
Thanks gtcs20148, I received mine for testing this week. But I haven't had a chance to go through the installation yet. Class reunion was this weekend so was tied up all weekend traveling back to my hometown.
This. Seems easy enough, I will be doing it this week
Sponsored

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
I've had mine installed for about a week now. Installation was very easy, no CEL's at all. Also paired with my phone with no issue. My experience so far is pretty similar to gtcs20148 comments, Sport mode seems best for normal street driving, with a bit more aggressive throttle response without being over the top. I also agree the Ludicrous mode is just too much for the street.

The only thing I feel differently than previous comments is I don't notice much improvement in the pedal lag. I didn't feel like my pedal lag was really that bad in the stock configuration, although it is definitely there. I will say it seemed to be better than the lag I had in my V6. I just figured the GT had less lag programmed in from the factory, but maybe I was lucky and I got a car that snuck through QC with a quicker response than normal, and maybe that's why this controller doesn't seem to make a big difference to me in that one area. The pedal lag I did have, although it wasn't much, seems pretty much unchanged, but once the lag is passed the throttle definitely reacts more aggressively to input with this controller.

BadHabit2Break

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I received my device last week, but had to go out of town for work.

I will be installing it next week when I return and give my thoughts.

frank_white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Convertible, Velocity Blue
OK. I installed this last night at work. It was extremely simple. The hardest part was sticking my neck under the dash far enough to see the connection. Connectors snapped together securely, and I got no CEL.

Pairing with the app was also simple. Minus the 15 minutes of waiting with the doors open, total time of install was under 5 minutes.

I started in sports mode level 8 which was a tad too touchy for me. I dropped it down to 5 which worked for me. I then tried comfort level 8 which again was too touchy, and settled down to 5. The levels basically up the sensitivity of the pedal as far as I can tell. There's a ton of customization when using this thing, so you can dial in your favorite driving mode.

2 things that bugged me: A few times the app didn't connect to the controller and required a restart of the app. Kind of annoying when you're trying to change at a red light, but I think that's more of a bluetooth problem than a product problem.

The second thing was that there are spelling errors in the app (which you can see in the photo on the first page). Not a big deal but it did make me look twice, as I thought I had downloaded a chinese knock off app.

Overall, I definitely notice a snappier response in the pedal. It's basically eliminated the lag, and with the many levels it seems like there's a setting for everyone.

One question for Mike@SolerEngr : if the LCD screen gets unplugged for whatever reason, does the throttle just default to OEM?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Stingray, 2021 GT Premium
Thank you much, frank_white. Exactly the point of this exercise. Typo fixed (see below), we'll wait until all tests results come back and release the next, and hopefully, the final version of the App...stay tuned.

If you disconnect the display unit, it will stay on the last setting you had and you can only change it through the App. This feature was included for those who want everything to look stock and prefer to conceal the controller, in which case you can simply wrap the extension and not use the display at all.

Thanks!

IMG_4369.PNG

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Liking what I'm seeing from the folks who got test units. Keeping this thread watched so I can come back when this is available for purchase. Any lead on when that may be, Mike@SolerEngr?

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Thank you, Konamoth. So far we have 3/6 tests results, feeling really confident by now, but we'd like to wait until they all come back. If there are no issues, we should release them no later than 11/01/2021.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Thank you, Konamoth. So far we have 3/6 tests results, feeling really confident by now, but we'd like to wait until they all come back. If there are no issues, we should release them no later than 11/01/2021.
Well, here's hoping I can spoil myself with a nice birthday present. 😁

Good to hear—I'll keep an eye out. Thanks!

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Hopefully this weekend I will get mine installed. To the best of my knowledge, my wife didn't make any plans for us!

Sponsored

BadHabit2Break

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Got mine hooked up this morning.

Everything works and I did not have the CEL issue.

I love how small the device is. I mounted it where the Shaker logo is under all the switches. Easy to get to. i have had similar devices before, but the display was very big.

Sport mode + the device Sport mode gets very sensitive. So I have to watch out for that when in Sport mode on the GT350. I can always dial it back.

Track mode + the device Sport mode is great. i dont feel like the car is sluggish at all. With the adjustment on the device, I can fine tune the throttle for that mode.

My only issue (small one)....There were no instructions in the box. If someone bought this and went to install it, they would have to go hunt down the instructions. Maybe a simple thank you paper for purchasing and a web address for the instructions. I had to go pull up this thread on my phone and click the link in the OP's thread to get the link.

Overall I think this is a great product and look forward to testing it on track day in autocross.

I would like to think Mike@SolerEngr for allowing me to be a tester for this.

C5540C8F-C5A7-409C-B705-3DA9C796FD9D.jpeg

93736E82-9E91-425C-99F7-739F8E1B52AF.jpeg

598CA8E2-6BC5-41DF-8133-AC947893D9F1.jpeg

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
Thank you very much, Stephen. Glad you liked it. We just recently printed the instructions booklet and they will be included in the box once we release them for sale.
Any plans to branch out to other Ford products? I have a 2021 F150 EB 3.5 that suffers from throttle lag?

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Any plans to branch out to other Ford products? I have a 2021 F150 EB 3.5 that suffers from throttle lag?
Glad you asked. It is this very same controller we are testing here for Mustangs. It has been already tested in F150's and it will also be available 01/11/2021 for F150's 2010-Present among other Ford vehicles.

BadHabit2Break

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Glad you asked. It is this very same controller we are testing here for Mustangs. It has been already tested in F150's and it will also be available 01/11/2021 for F150's 2010-Present among other Ford vehicles.
would it work on a 2020 Ford Edge ST? Would love to put this on that also.
Sponsored