Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Stingray, 2021 GT Premium
I have a base GT with the drive modes. Will this override the different throttle profiles on the different OE drive modes? Or will the throttle curve stay the same regardless to the drive mode?
It won't override but rather scale your OE drive modes by the same factor. Meaning when you set the controller i.e SP5 will scale the response 1.75X, that 75% increase will apply to any OE mode you select. The same applies to custom tunes.

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
So I’m gonna jump on the band wagon with my initial thoughts…. First of all customer service seems top notch as was the shipping. I ordered on Tuesday and received it on Thursday. We are only two states away but it is Christmas season and most packages get delayed because of that and I paid for the cheapest shipping possible because I didn’t need it right this second. Packaging of the unit is very good quality and the instructions are very easy to understand as is the App. Install was a breeze had it done in about 2 mins other than zip tying the wires and deciding if I wanted to use the display and if so where to put it. I will advise anyone who buys this make sure you have a device that can clear a cel. I followed the instructions to the T and still had the cel pop and it sent my car all crazy. Cleared the codes with my OBD fusion App restarted the car and no problems after that.

This is my second throttle controller I’ve ever owed (my wife and I both owned banks peddle monsters for our Dodge Rams). As advertised this unit definitely helps out with the electronic throttle lag that new cars can be prone too. I currently have it on sport 4 and took it for about a 20 min drive and the car had no hesitation when hitting the gas pedal at stop lights or making a full pull at 65mph and just goes. My car is currently highly modified with custom tune and the throttle controller seems to be the icing on the cake with my other modifications which is exactly what I was looking for. Definitely looking forward to what the long haul brings with longevity as well as selecting some other modes on the controller for even faster response. Kudos to Soler for making a great product!
Thank you very much, Proshop. I'll just take this opportunity to make a clarification and add some tips for installation for others readers.

About the CEL/DTC during installation:

The electronic throttle control [ETC] system activates and monitors the health of the system every time you open a door, trunk, use the key fob etc. it basically happens anytime the car senses your presence and anticipates possible driving. After that, it remains energized for 5 to 15 minutes after any of those actions and then it times out. If any component in the system, like the Acc Pedal, is disconnected while the ETC is energized it will register a DTC. The best way to avoid and also get rid of a DTC is by disconnecting the battery negative terminal [black] for 10 minutes. In fact, disconnecting the battery negative while doing any modification is always recommended.

Once the device is installed and DTC free, there's a second class of DTC's, these are related to the device and not the installation. These you should not get, and you will have ample time to try it before our money-back warranty period expires, that's 30 days from the day you receive it. Followed by an 11-month replacement or repair.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
So I’m gonna jump on the band wagon with my initial thoughts…. First of all customer service seems top notch as was the shipping. I ordered on Tuesday and received it on Thursday. We are only two states away but it is Christmas season and most packages get delayed because of that and I paid for the cheapest shipping possible because I didn’t need it right this second. Packaging of the unit is very good quality and the instructions are very easy to understand as is the App. Install was a breeze had it done in about 2 mins other than zip tying the wires and deciding if I wanted to use the display and if so where to put it. I will advise anyone who buys this make sure you have a device that can clear a cel. I followed the instructions to the T and still had the cel pop and it sent my car all crazy. Cleared the codes with my OBD fusion App restarted the car and no problems after that.

This is my second throttle controller I’ve ever owed (my wife and I both owned banks peddle monsters for our Dodge Rams). As advertised this unit definitely helps out with the electronic throttle lag that new cars can be prone too. I currently have it on sport 4 and took it for about a 20 min drive and the car had no hesitation when hitting the gas pedal at stop lights or making a full pull at 65mph and just goes. My car is currently highly modified with custom tune and the throttle controller seems to be the icing on the cake with my other modifications which is exactly what I was looking for. Definitely looking forward to what the long haul brings with longevity as well as selecting some other modes on the controller for even faster response. Kudos to Soler for making a great product!
I am with everyone one else. The Lag from a start on our 5.0 is ridiculous, and from highway cruising throttle response is even worse. Did this correct this Issue?.

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Hello, Everyone. We are pleased to announce that our Deluxe (DLX) Bluetooth Throttle Controller is now available at a very attractive introductory price. MSRP $240, now $125 for a limited time. Yes, let's break the ice here with Mustangs with prices, features, and performance no one else can claim.

https://www.solerengineering.com/ford-motor/se0622-tc. Use code "ACCELERATE"

Check us out in the Corvette and Camaro world and see who are. New to Mustangs? Yes, but we have done our homework. Our products for Ford were tested right here in this forum. See thread below.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...driven-throttle-controllers-for-s550s.165616/

Here's a brief summary. (We have also attached the user manual for those who want to dig deeper into the details)

Simply the most; advanced, wide-spectrum, compact, durable, and, arguably aesthetically pleasing throttle controller in the market.
  • Ten Modes, with a total of 64 possible settings (see chart).
  • Dual control, directly on the display or remotely from your smart device.
  • Sturdy aluminum construction, buttons, and heavy-duty harness.
  • Self-adjusting OLED display intensity for optimum visibility.
  • Fail-safe vehicle-specific design.
  • Does not require the display to operate, for those who prefer a fully concealed device.
01-Display Real Iso.jpg
05-Display Features Color.jpg
04-App and Display.gif
03-Contents.jpg
Description of Modes and Settings.JPG
02-Performance Full (Filled with Logo).png
Screenshot 2021-10-22 140518.gif
Hi. What does this do that Pedal Commander or other cheaper ones like on Amazon Can Do for $60? Just trying to compare Apples to Apples. Thanks

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I am with everyone one else. The Lag from a start on our 5.0 is ridiculous, and from highway cruising throttle response is even worse. Did this correct this Issue?.
Yes it definitely works and it’s all about each person finding what mode works for them best.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Yes it definitely works and it’s all about each person finding what mode works for them best.
I went on and bought one using the discount code. I was already planning on buying one to try
What setting do you like best for Street driving?. I drive in Sport plus mode and I drive very Spiritly. Thanks for the help

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hi. What does this do that Pedal Commander or other cheaper ones like on Amazon Can Do for $60? Just trying to compare Apples to Apples. Thanks
Great question, these are 20 differences that quickly come to mind:

*Soler Performance LLC, exclusive feature regardless of price.

1. Blue tooth, dual control (App or Display).

2. Modular design*, meaning you can opt for not installing the display at all. But if you do install the display you get a real-time throttle gage.

3. Wider control spectrum (64 possible settings*)

4. Lock mode, disables pedal, can be used as a theft-deterrent.

5. Valet mode, limits maximum throttle.

6. Transmission option, eases clutch engagement on manuals.

7. Weather mode, for extra safety.

8. Self-calibrating (plug-and-play) others require calibration.

9. OLED display with photosensor for auto-brighness*, bright white light. (Other colors are difficult to see under bright day light)

10. Sturdy aluminum construction and heavy duty hardness. (Check the harness on those and see how flimsy they are)

11. AI mode* will learn and adapt to your driving habits.

12. Clean minimalist design, we think ours look better inside modern cabins.

13. Drag Race Mode* is a shortcut to the maximum output.

14. Vehicle/Brand-specific design is insurance against DTC's (CEL/Codes), the one-size-fits-all models are more likely to fail, or they will be forced to reduce the performance spectrum substantially to avoid issues.

15. We provide performance data, so that you know exactly what you are getting. True performance data, we have seen data out there that doesn't match the device at all.

16. We have a true money-back and repair or replacement warranty, the type that you get answers the same day and that truly is a painless warranty, no hassle or delays. A customer-first policy like no other.

17. We test before we sell. We tested here openly and honestly, where you can see, and by your peers with the same cars/engines.

18. Those don't support the forum and are not here to answer questions and give customer support.

19. The only devices that can be compared to ours are $300+ and still can't match us in some regards.

20. There's also the workmanship, which you can only feel once you have them both on hand and get a feel for them. We are sure you'll notice a better-made product on ours.

In summary, ours is not the cheapest, nor the most expensive, but it is the best value. You are getting premium features and performance at a fraction of the price.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I went on and bought one using the discount code. I was already planning on buying one to try
What setting do you like best for Street driving?. I drive in Sport plus mode and I drive very Spiritly. Thanks for the help
With my mods I only drive in normal mode because I’m not a fan of the shifting in any other mode unless I’m actually racing. With the throttle controller I started in sport 5 and have worked my way down to comfort. As I have said in another thread the more mods you have I think the lower the settings will be and the less mods or none at all the higher some ones settings will be.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
So, didn't know these were a thing...but I'm interested now. Will this mod show up when I take the car in for service? ECMs are expensive and she has a 5yr warranty.

OP
OP
Mike@SolerEngr

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
So, didn't know these were a thing...but I'm interested now. Will this mod show up when I take the car in for service? ECMs are expensive and she has a 5yr warranty.
Our device is the only one in the market designed specifically for this concern you have. Simply do not install the display and set the controller to OE mode through the App while going for service. The ECM doesn't "know" it is there, and without the display and extension, there's nothing to see on your dash.

...and BTW, even if you use the display and they see it, it doesn't mean they can void the warranty, but we agree they do not need to see it if you don't want to.

Thanks!

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
I see you guys are big in throttle body modifications. Any plans or is there a need for improving the OEM Ford TB? Thanks

Last edited:

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Its in the car and thrashed pretty good. Works as advertised! Its a nice unit. My around town gas mileage dropped about 2 months, but thats not Soler's fault... lol
Sponsored