Exhaust Mode changed by itself

Techapma

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, HP, FJG, M6
I was driving down the road in track mode with the exhaust in track mode, 4th gear light throttle, ~50 MPH and I noticed the exhaust sound changed.

I scrolled through the exhaust mode menu and found I wAs back in normal mode.

I reselected track mode for for the exhaust and it changed like it should have.

Any one else ever have this happen?

Any idea why it happened?
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
When I had AE it happened to my car not often. Installing an X pipe, damaged the pass plug. Was able to repair it, but a short time after experience, what you posted.

The point is of the 2 plugs the pass side pink tail is short and suggest that you look at it. Notice how much slack it has, if any.

Being that I drove track mode all the time, replaced the AE. Also if you do like the track exhaust like all the time.

Hated/disliked every time in the car starting & resetting the AE.

AE set, shut off the car, pull the plugs. Yes, it will complain, but not regularly, and after a while it learns, just workaround.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That will work also :thumbsup:

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I pulled the exhaust fuse on the active exhaust and now they are open in track tone 24/7, no error codes.
Much nicer cold starts too. Problem solved.
I must test this on my GT with headers and Borla Type S!

Cold starts in Normal are wake the dead loud. I can only imagine what Track mode would sound like.

Last edited:

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I must say. If you have headers with the factory AE, it is probably advisable to get rid of the factory resonator. I installed headers and eventually burnt out something in the suitcase. If you shake it there is something rattling in there. X/H pipe is highly recommended by me.

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
It's the passenger muffler connector hitting the pinch weld when you accelerate, take a look at your active valve wires bet you'll find some showing bare wire

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I pulled the exhaust fuse on the active exhaust and now they are open in track tone 24/7, no error codes.
Much nicer cold starts too. Problem solved.
Do you have to set it to track before you turn the car off and pull the fuse for this to work?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have to set it to track before you turn the car off and pull the fuse for this to work?

Yes ............ nefd to know how to remove the fuse ?

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Yes ............ nefd to know how to remove the fuse ?
lol.

I'd wire in a switch, and in inline fuse, to keep the ability to switch exhaust when you want or need to (gumball machine behind you wanting you to pull over) and still be fused, using the factory fuse location to tap into the circuit and add the swtich and fuse holder.
This way you can lock it into Track exhaust setting, but if need be, flip a switch and be able to put it in quite mode before the cop is walking up to your car asking for lic, and reg.
Fighting tickets cost time, time is money, so. A good toggle switch is 5-10 bucks and an inline fuse holder is 3-5, and some wire and shrink tube connectors. is cheap insurance over the fight the ticket.

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
no cop will ticket just because of sound level. He is going to get you for something else and if you are an ass, add noise levels. Adding a switch to change to Toyota mode is not going to help you while pulled over. ( my two cents ) She still purrs like a kitten at warm idle.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
no cop will ticket just because of sound level. He is going to get you for something else and if you are an ass, add noise levels. Adding a switch to change to Toyota mode is not going to help you while pulled over. ( my two cents ) She still purrs like a kitten at warm idle.
Maybe where you drive, but many locations WILL light you up and ticket you for exhaust . Been there, done that, spent a day fighting it. I also like being able to put it in quite mode while passing a church, funeral, wedding,etc. instead of being "that guy"
your mileage may vary.

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Maybe where you drive, but many locations WILL light you up and ticket you for exhaust . Been there, done that, spent a day fighting it. I also like being able to put it in quite mode while passing a church, funeral, wedding,etc. instead of being "that guy"
your mileage may vary.
"Those guys" should be ticketed. We all have the volume control below our right foot. If people are AH's, they will be ticketed regardless. Cops have better things to do unless you live in a RED state where control is a factor. :)
Sponsored