Blow out split my subframe I think?

Jt9599

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
1995 mustang gt
My oil gauge has been sitting high recently so I was cruising on the highway in fourth trying to keep revs up to keep it in the normal range when all of a sudden my drivers side rear tire just blew up. Got it on a tow truck and discovered that side of the subframe split right in two and now I have to get it welded. Is this a big job? I just replaced a control arm for almost 400 so how would a job like this compare? Iā€™ve only had an exhaust welded once so Iā€™m not really sure.
Sponsored

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Pics?

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
My oil gauge has been sitting high recently so I was cruising on the highway in fourth trying to keep revs up to keep it in the normal range when all of a sudden my drivers side rear tire just blew up. Got it on a tow truck and discovered that side of the subframe split right in two and now I have to get it welded. Is this a big job? I just replaced a control arm for almost 400 so how would a job like this compare? Iā€™ve only had an exhaust welded once so Iā€™m not really sure.
If you cracked your Sub frame take it to a shop which specializes in frame welding. Or I think it might be cheaper or a better idea to replace with a BMR or other aftermarket. Good luck

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Your oil gauge has been sitting high, so you drive around in 4th gear on the highway to keep the revs up so itā€™s in ā€œnormal,ā€ rangeā€¦. What?!?

The gauge would read higher if the revs are higher and your not shifting out of 4th @ highway speeds.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Your oil gauge has been sitting high, so you drive around in 4th gear on the highway to keep the revs up so itā€™s in ā€œnormal,ā€ rangeā€¦. What?!?

The gauge would read higher if the revs are higher and your not shifting out of 4th @ highway speeds.
Yeah, it's some wild story - rev it in 4th -> tire blows up -> subframe cracks.
OP, are you sure you didn't hit a wall somewhere in between this chain of events?

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
OP, are you sure you didn't hit a wall somewhere in between this chain of events?
He definitely had car issues or confusion as to events lol

OP
OP

Jt9599

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
1995 mustang gt
I didnā€™t hit anything I swear šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m just scared to lift the car with the cracked subframe to replace the wheel and get a better look. Am I just being a pansy or should I go for it

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Wait what? This thread is worthless without pics.

Sponsored

AMC401V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2000 Excursion - 1987 Swift DB2
The oil pump is positive displacement in its design. Increasing revolutions will raise the oil pressure every time, provided the pump is not damaged in any way.

This principle holds true for virtually all internal combustion engines. I hope this helps and wish you the best with your troubles.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I didnā€™t hit anything I swear šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m just scared to lift the car with the cracked subframe to replace the wheel and get a better look. Am I just being a pansy or should I go for it
Man, I think you should let the effects of whatever you've taken wear off first.
Sponsored