Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I can’t recall where I read it in these forums, but didn’t PC steal the idea from an Australian company ?
they Probably saw people excited about the product so they came out with it first. Idk about steal. Did ESS steal the design of a centrifugal kit from Procharger? Procharger and other companies have had crank supports for decades, isn’t a new idea.
Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
they Probably saw people excited about the product so they came out with it first. Idk about steal. Did ESS steal the design of a centrifugal kit from Procharger? Procharger and other companies have had crank supports for decades, isn’t a new idea.
Negative, they sought a "partnership" with MFP, took their design, then went to market with it according to people close to MFP.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Negative, they sought a "partnership" with MFP, took their design, then went to market with it according to people close to MFP.
“according to someone close to MFP” lol again crank supports are nothing new. No different than blowers. Was there a patent? Some new innovative idea?

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
The "stealing" was done by VMP.
The "copying" was done by Procharger.
Just to clear that up a bit.

Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
“according to someone close to MFP” lol again crank supports are nothing new. No different than blowers. Was there a patent? Some new innovative idea?
My understanding is that MFP agreed to work with them and ended up getting taken advantage of. I'm sure that MFP did not hold any U.S. patents which is how PC was able to copy their design and go to market with it without consent from MFP. Nothing illegal, but unethical imo.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
So damn impressed with this ESS kit!! New PB 60-130 only changes were added 3” Magnaflow competition cat back and ran sport mode. Doesn’t shift has hard drag mode so less spin on the street. Still on 7.5 psi pulley

Hey Brad, how do you like the Magnaflow exhaust? Are you running cats with the long tubes? Does it neck down or is it 3" all the way from front to back? Any drone inside the cabin?

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
Running high flow cats that came with the LTH connect pipes , they're only about 4" long so I really don't how much they do lol. The only neck down is from my connect pipes off long tube to the connect pipes on the x-pipe (but I fixing that this weekend) Drone yeah it does a little bit . That's only negative I have. It sounds amazing not much rasp at all. I have a Jones 3" resonated x muffler I might throw to see if that helps with the drone.

Hey Brad, how do you like the Magnaflow exhaust? Are you running cats with the long tubes? Does it neck down or is it 3" all the way from front to back? Any drone inside the cabin?

Nola504boy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2018 Mustang gt
So damn impressed with this ESS kit!! New PB 60-130 only changes were added 3” Magnaflow competition cat back and ran sport mode. Doesn’t shift has hard drag mode so less spin on the street. Still on 7.5 psi pulley

Do you have the actual slip showing it was a verified run? I find it hard to believe you ran that time with a 7.5 pulley. That run has to be invalid or they’re rating those pullies wrong. I’ve had two different boosted A10’s both making 850-900 rwhp running around those times & making way more boost. What was the DA, weight reduction, & etc. Sorry it’s no way 7.5 PSI. If that is a verified run you have some serious weight reduction or great DA

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
I said in the description boost peaked at 10psi , but yes that was on 120mm pulley DA was 800ft so good air. As far weight reduction drag pack is the only weight reduction and whatever a cat back takes off.

Do you have the actual slip showing it was a verified run? I find it hard to believe you ran that time with a 7.5 pulley. That run has to be invalid or they’re rating those pullies wrong. I’ve had two different boosted A10’s both making 850-900 rwhp running around those times & making way more boost. What was the DA, weight reduction, & etc. Sorry it’s no way 7.5 PSI. If that is a verified run you have some serious weight reduction or great DA

Sponsored

Nola504boy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2018 Mustang gt
I said in the description boost peaked at 10psi , but yes that was on 120mm pulley DA was 800ft so good air. As far weight reduction drag pack is the only weight reduction and whatever a cat back takes off.
That’s crazy impressive even at 10 psi. Can you please post the slip?

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
The pulleys are underrated. 7.5# pulley from them makes more.

Nola504boy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2018 Mustang gt
I will when I get out of work, it’s on my phone. You can watch all of my other videos I do the run exact same place for consistency. Some are in the daylight.
I’m very impressed.
Sponsored