Sponsored

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
maybe run it in a US Mach 1(automatic transmission) with
Handling Package & id be satisfied with the results!
Yeah but do we expect it like 7:34 or something? I bet it gains 3-7 seconds max.

That doesn't sound right. In stock form, a GTPP does not pull that hard.
I've gotten 1.5G's cornering but no where near .8G's in acceleration.

I'm looking at my fastest Buttonwillow lap data and TrackAddicts says peak G left/right is 1.84 / 1.54 while acceleration/braking is .44 / 1.21
Are we really saying that the driver might not be punching hard enough? Seems unlikely as this quite a standardized process.
Sponsored

Tat2bass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
'16 RR GT350
For those comparing it to the Type R, keep in mind how quick and capable those are. Iā€™ve had a 2016 GT350, 2018 Type R, 2018 SS 1LE, 2021 Type R and now my Mach 1 with HP, and the civic with just better tires or matching tires I should say would be able to keep up with those other cars quite easily. The 1LE would be the only one that would put a real hurting on the Type R on most tracks. Iā€™ll see this weekend when I take my Mach 1 out to the track for the first time how it stacks up. But at FIRM I was able to run a 1:20 in my CTR bone stock. So Iā€™m expecting at least a 1:17-1:18 in the Mach 1 with the better tires.

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
It's because it was Yellow...Red ones go faster but are prone to accidents, but White ones are balanced between speed and safety. Just my 2 cents. This is based on hard science btw.
Exactly why I got the white one šŸ˜‚

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
interesting Only <0.4g in accelleration.
Remember heā€™s not launching it from a standstill :like:

Yea basically he was being cautious with throttle input out of the corners. On a backroad I frequent thst no one lives on I've gotten .84Gs in acceleration in my 18GTPP1 and with my Mach1HP I've gotten 1.02Gs. Of acceleration coming out of a turn.
That doesn't sound right. In stock form, a GTPP does not pull that hard.
I've gotten 1.5G's cornering but no where near .8G's in acceleration.

I'm looking at my fastest Buttonwillow lap data and TrackAddicts says peak G left/right is 1.84 / 1.54 while acceleration/braking is .44 / 1.21
Which seems logical :like:

If a Mach 1 can pull 1.02 when itā€™s already moving coming out of a corner then they are a ā€˜veryā€™ fast car :

1635977687232.jpeg

WD :like:

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Disappointing and the M1 is now getting crushed in comments on youtube etc. by Camaro fanboys. However, there is another european Mach 1 run by a guy named Largus in a red one on youtube that looked considerably better, but I don't think he provided a time. I know the HP would be better on a track, but I did not go with the HP because mine is a daily driver/weekend fun car. Guess I won't brag about its track prowess at any car show.

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Yea basically he was being cautious with throttle input out of the corners. On a backroad I frequent thst no one lives on I've gotten .84Gs in acceleration in my 18GTPP1 and with my Mach1HP I've gotten 1.02Gs. Of acceleration coming out of a turn.
From a launch? I think it's very unlikely this car would give anywhere near a full G of acceleration coming out of many corners at speed on a proper road course. Even 500-hp hp cars just don't accelerate that fast in 3rd gear at 55mph. You can see as much on the g-meter in most road car racing videos with telemetry data. They'll sometimes even peg the meter when braking or pulling hard through a corner, but will rarely make much of a dent in it when accelerating.

That said, if 0.4g was the peak forward acceleration the driver saw throughout the lap, that does seem on the low side. Maybe it was a cold or wet track?

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Disappointing and the M1 is now getting crushed in comments on youtube etc. by Camaro fanboys. However, there is another european Mach 1 run by a guy named Largus in a red one on youtube that looked considerably better, but I don't think he provided a time. I know the HP would be better on a track, but I did not go with the HP because mine is a daily driver/weekend fun car. Guess I won't brag about its track prowess at any car show.
Why would you want to brag about track prowess of a car you don't track anyway? If you're gonna brag about anything, it should be your own skill. Any fool can buy a fast car, but it takes skill and dedication to drive any car fast. Brag about your laptimes compared to other Mach 1 drivers... or better yet, drivers of "faster" cars who think they're better than you right now. Now THAT'S embarrassing :wink:

Last edited:

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Good driver, tire limited, 160+mph on the straight, braking look good, looked a bit slow coming off the corners but that could be tire limited as well.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Disappointing and the M1 is now getting crushed in comments on youtube etc. by Camaro fanboys.
The best response to that is, ā€œyea but then I would have to drive a Camaroā€

I rented one once and it was such a horrible experience I would never get one barring a substantial redesign. Track prowess is cool but if you use the car outside of the track who cares

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I don't have my 18GT anymore other wise I would get a pic for you. My car wasn't stock by any means. Full Suspension work and way sticker tires then stock with lighter wheels.
Your 1.02g makes little sense - this car isn't anywhere close to be able to achieve that much longitudinal acceleration. Also - see post above...
My ProSolo launch which is basically drag start off the tree with clutch drop, withTW200 tires on a dry concrete surface shows 0.5G max - it's off Racecapture/Track - which is has way more accurate accelerometer than what is in the car. On a road with summer tires you may get half or 2/3rds of it.

AUsomTiger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
What does that mean? He wasnā€™t pushing the car hard enough?
That's what I thought watching the video. Even in the straightaways he rarely pushed the car hard from about 200km/hr to 250km/hr. Just kinda leisurely accelerated to me. Granted, I haven't had a Mach 1 up to 130-150 mph to test its acceleration at those speeds. Maybe it was the tires and his confidence in them. Hard to tell.

Last edited:

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
It's a big job, but much less expensive to just fix the GT. Also, notice the issue was with the rear of the car when pushing, not the front.
I am thinking bigger tires and GT350R wing (I like the way it looks).

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
Not sure if I was watching a different video than others, but the driver was absolutely wringing that car out. He didn't leave a lot on the table here...

You can tell by the g's. Take a look when he's both braking AND turning. That is a lot of stress on ANY front tire, much less a very street friendly 255 width one.

Also, keep in mind, this is the well-equipped Mach 1. We know this because the car has leather seats...non-Recaro to boot. Beyond that, we all know it doesn't have the HP.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Not sure if I was watching a different video than others, but the driver was absolutely wringing that car out. He didn't leave a lot on the table here...

You can tell by the g's. Take a look when he's both braking AND turning. That is a lot of stress on ANY front tire, much less a very street friendly 255 width one.

Also, keep in mind, this is the well-equipped Mach 1. We know this because the car has leather seats...non-Recaro to boot. Beyond that, we all know it doesn't have the HP.
What does well equipped refer to? I canā€™t think of anything other than the HP that would make a difference from a 0 option car to a fully loaded one
Sponsored