Thoughts on the 2023 Z06?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I'm curious to see what the real world numbers will be. Hope it's as they stated. Cool car, just not my cup of tea. I prefer the traditional vette look.

It already does 0-60 in 2.6… not that I care for that but to show you where its performance is at. I dont know of any other N/A cars that is anywhere near that. That is 991 Turbo S number that has turbo chargers and all wheel drive. It will probably do 10 seconds flat a little under 135 1/4 mile and pull sub 7 minute nurburgring time. It will beat the current zr1 in every track.
Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
The performance is fantastic. It’s really hard to spend $100,000 on a car for me. To me the C8 stopped being a Corvette looks wise and I still can’t get into it. I know manual is not a problem for me. I agree with an earlier comment that if I’m going to upgrade it would probably be a Cayman GT4.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think that a mid-engine Corvette is a great idea. A flat plane crank engine is a great idea, too. I'd love to own a 2-seat American sports car that's designed as a 2 seater with all the advantages that provides. Since I was a child I always loved Corvettes. I remember vividly in high school reading about the new at the time 1984 Corvette and thinking how great it would be to be able to own one. Now they seem a little lame, but back then I thought they were awesome.

I just wish GM could keep the weight of their all-aluminum, 2 seat car to significantly lower than their mostly steel, 4 seat Camaro. Maybe 3200 lbs or so would be a great weight for a small, all-aluminum car. But the Corvette weighs about the same as an all steel GT350R.

I wish the Corvette wasn't designed almost exclusively for the elderly, DQ on Sunday crowd. If it could have a hard top available that would be awesome, but no, it has to have a removable panel because that's more important.

Too bad that having golf clubs fit in the trunk is more important to the Corvette than it is to the Camaro.

And 0-60 numbers more important than driving enjoyment (manual trans).

Anyway, I'm sure the Z06 will be great - even though no manual transmission is available and it will be a bit of a piggy. It will be fast and it will sound good. I just wish the Corvette as a whole were less compromised.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer the gt350. The frequent oil consumption and broken 8th cyl valves lend it that uniquely Italian charisma missing from Detroit products.

/Kidding

We'll see if GM engineers learned anything from watching the Ford fiasco.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Another gem to come out of the rivalry between chevy and ford. I'm just worried reliability will be a crap shoot for this thing.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I prefer the gt350. The frequent oil consumption and broken 8th cyl valves lend it that uniquely Italian charisma missing from Detroit products.

/Kidding

We'll see if GM engineers learned anything from watching the Ford fiasco.
Yes, the Ford fiasco is so bad that GT350/R's are selling well above MSRP and especially the R model which is something that only GM could dream of! :giggle:

Some things just never seem to change with certain people.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
It's what the GT should have been but for 1/5 price. Looks like it'll be an amazing car

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Looks so much better than the regular Corvette. Sounds amazing. Looks to have a truly hand-built engine. I wonder if they really used those pistons they show in the video. My guess is that this thing will start at $130k.

Screenshot_20211026-215236_Chrome.jpg

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I do have to say getting close to 700 hp without the supercharger is quite impressive. A lot of work went into this, but as was said before I’ll see how it holds up.

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I have no idea what this will cost but I have to admit, I love it. That thing looks amazing, sounds amazing, and likely drives amazing. I don't love the rear end of the regular C8 at all but I really like the rear of this Z06 C8. The wider fenders really make a difference.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Another gem to come out of the rivalry between chevy and ford. I'm just worried reliability will be a crap shoot for this thing.
The base C8 has issues w/o question. One need only look at the C8 forum to see all the problem threads. If they carry over to the Z06, it won't matter how damn good looking the car is if it spends more time in the shop than on the road.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
The one thing that is very cool to me, is that Ford, Chevy, and Dodge are still putting out cars that in the grand scheme of things are not about profit, but about true passion for cars. We all benefit from this. I stand corrected from my earlier post, I would buy one of these cars but would not ger rid of one of my 350’s to do so. It would be an add.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I simply don't want it. My '17 Z was a PITA to keep planted. The rear end would come out in a heartbeat. Even after having attended the school at Spring Mountain, still had to be careful. It's going to be interesting to see how many get wrecked once they are on the street.
Sponsored