Sponsored

Can you really turn off Traction Control?

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
Was at Road American today, driving in race mode and turned off TC with the switch on the dash and confirmed it ok.

I really don’t think it was fully off:

1. the avoid collision flashed on the dash when I was passing a Porsche GT4.

2. Out of many corners, with the power on I could feel the rear brakes dragging.

3. car seemed sluggish if I pushed too hard.

4. Here’s a photo of my G’s

270D72BB-19DF-40EB-843D-A6FFFE4C9ECA.jpeg
Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Gotta hold the button to turn off AdvanceTrac. Pressing the button turns off traction control but doesn't turn off stability control. There's also a plug by the airbox you can also unplug to turn off everything but I haven't seen a need.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Gotta hold the button to turn off AdvanceTrac. There's a plug by the airbox you can also unplug to turn off everything but I haven't seen a need.
Beat me to it lol

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Beat me to it lol
Hold it for like 6 seconds to turn off AdvanceTrac

Just a quick press turns off Traction Control (launches) but not stability control (cornering nannies)

OP
OP
WCRookie99

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Hold it for like 6 seconds to turn off AdvanceTrac

Just a quick press turns off Traction Control (launches) but not stability control (cornering nannies)
Crap, ok it probably cost me 2-3 seconds, the car was a dog coming out of the corners. Especially if you trail brake into a corner, the car thinks you’re out of control but that’s the fastest way.

thanks again everyone!

Last edited:

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Crap, ok it probably cost me 2-3 seconds, the car was a dog coming out of the corners. Especially if you trail brake into a corner, the car thinks you’re out of control but that’s the fastest way.
Yeah you can try to play within the nannies limits, but its hard to know when its going to kick in. It really doesn’t want you to have much slip angle.

If you have the car control skills to keep out of trouble on your own, its faster to turn the Advancetrac off.

Pulling the plug in the engine bay also works and can be handy if you find Advancetrac is erroring out and sending a message to the dash and turning itself back on. Its rare (something like 1 in 100), but it can happen.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Does turning off advancetrak also turn of the collision avoidance lights from popping up as well?

OP
OP
WCRookie99

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Yeah you can try to play within the nannies limits, but its hard to know when its going to kick in. It really doesn’t want you to have much slip angle.

If you have the car control skills to keep out of trouble on your own, its faster to turn the Advancetrac off.

Pulling the plug in the engine bay also works and can be handy if you find Advancetrac is erroring out and sending a message to the dash and turning itself back on. Its rare (something like 1 in 100), but it can happen.
Ok, awesome I need to find that plug, can you send a photo where it is or describe it better so I can find it.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, awesome I need to find that plug, can you send a photo where it is or describe it better so I can find it.
Its in front of the drivers side strut tower, between the strut tower and the airbox and the fender. Its a connector that seems to pointlessly double back on itself. You can’t really miss it.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Does turning off advancetrak also turn of the collision avoidance lights from popping up as well?
no. That is a separate option. There is a way to turn it off though. Poke around in the menu.

also. If you have adaptive cruise set and get over to go around a car and your floor it, you can trigger a CEL. 🤭

Last edited:

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
So I haven't have the chance to get my new MACH on track, but i had an even weirder issue then that wiht my old PP GT 2021

track mode, advance trac off. But after about 15 minutes, advance track would turn back on without warning. Id have to slow down, and redo the process. Im interested to see if the Mach performances the same.

OP
OP
WCRookie99

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
So I haven't have the chance to get my new MACH on track, but i had an even weirder issue then that wiht my old PP GT 2021

track mode, advance trac off. But after about 15 minutes, advance track would turn back on without warning. Id have to slow down, and redo the process. Im interested to see if the Mach performances the same.
yep never got that far but the Collision avoidance did come on once in Track mode and it’s said to be disabled. Certainly some gremlins.

Looks like disconnecting the AdvancedTrac connector is the best option.

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
anyone ahve a pic fo where that is? My cars held up at the PPF place so i cant go check
Sponsored