Sponsored

Air compressor woes…

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Well, needed the air compressor to pump up my wife’s tire on her Edge and wouldn’t you know it, the air compressor doesn’t work.

Trying to open this thing up and find a fuse is like trying to unravel wet origami.

Anyone know if these things have an internal fuse?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not the exact help you're looking for but the Roybi tire inflator works really really well for $50
I figured out how to open it and it appears there is no fuse.

Unfortunately, it appears I just have a dud. I’ll go check the Ryobi out. Thanks.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Well, needed the air compressor to pump up my wife’s tire on her Edge and wouldn’t you know it, the air compressor doesn’t work.

Trying to open this thing up and find a fuse is like trying to unravel wet origami.

Are you referring to the one that came in the car?

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I figured out how to open it and it appears there is no fuse.

Unfortunately, it appears I just have a dud. I’ll go check the Ryobi out. Thanks.
Saw this after I posted. That sucks.

I wonder if it falls under the bumper to bumper warranty?

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure. I got a call into the service department and they’re checking on it.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Did you use it past the expiration date? Mine's expired and I'm wondering if I should just toss it out. I have to remove it each time I'm at the track for weight reduction. haha.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Did you use it past the expiration date? Mine's expired and I'm wondering if I should just toss it out. I have to remove it each time I'm at the track for weight reduction. haha.
Hold on… there’s an expiration date on it?

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Probably for the repair solution and not the compressor itself.
Wouldn’t it be funny though if Ford sourced the air compressor from harbor freight, and put an expiration date on the unit for when the harbor freight warranty expired…. :)

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I took a closer look and with your post OP I was a bit motivated to finally look at what I had a bit closely. I have a tire mobility kit that has been expired since 12/2020 and I just tested the compressor and it did inflate. It appears to be a coin flip tho as I do know one other member that had a failed mobility kit that would not inflate, however, their kit was also expired too.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The expiration isn't if the compressor will work or not - it's for the tire sealant goo to be used in the event of a needed "fix-a-flat".

The expiration for the tire kit can be reset using the dash cluster menu, just as one can reset the oil life monitor.

Aside from that - the inflator pump included with the S550 is complete garbage. Don't trust it to work, and definitely don't trust it to save your ass on the side of a road when you really need it. If you want an inflator pump, get a good aftermarket pump. If you want actual "safety", get yourself a spare tire kit with jack.
Sponsored