OP
OP
noshine4mine

noshine4mine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1 Hellion TT
I Waited 3months and canceled my order for a whipple. The time line I was given, I would still be waiting on that whipple to ship. instead I have a Hellion turbo kit ready to install.
Turbos are the master race, I know that now.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Be curious to see your feedback after the install. Hellion is local to me, there great guys. The shop that did my dyno yesterday has there drag car in there now getting some upgrades. I ended up going the whipple route, and the wait was a pain but atleast it was over the winter.

I Waited 3months and canceled my order for a whipple. The time line I was given, I would still be waiting on that whipple to ship. instead I have a Hellion turbo kit ready to install.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
You made the right choice. No belt equals more power to the tires. What size turbos you go with?

Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Sorry to crash your thread but how reliable are these turbos versus a supercharger. What about in bad weather can you still drive with the turbos under the car? Can a turbos stang be used as a daily?

Thank you,

David

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Sorry to crash your thread but how reliable are these turbos versus a supercharger. What about in bad weather can you still drive with the turbos under the car? Can a turbos stang be used as a daily?

Thank you,

David
can you? Yes. Don’t be surprised when your high hp car isn’t as reliable as a normal daily. Get a daily then mod the mustang.

OP
OP
noshine4mine

noshine4mine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1 Hellion TT
Zander13 on youtube did a test driving his TT car in the rain. Seemed to be ok. Puddle diving is probably a bad idea.

I got the 62mm ball bearing turbos, nothing to crazy.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Zander13 on youtube did a test driving his TT car in the rain. Seemed to be ok. Puddle diving is probably a bad idea.

I got the 62mm ball bearing turbos, nothing to crazy.
yes. Car also made a LOT of power and wasn’t all that fast. So why complicate your life? He’s no longer turbo. Lol

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
yes. Car also made a LOT of power and wasn’t all that fast. So why complicate your life? He’s no longer turbo. Lol
You have to understand that OP is TT now. It is superior to any other power adder in terms of cost, ease of installation, reliability and performance. When he goes to the track, there will be no other s550 with a different power adder that will be quicker. Guaranteed. Just watch when he posts up them time slips, you'll see.

Sponsored

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Congrats on the kit! I waited 9 weeks for a “crusty” Whipple last go-round. Was worth the wait. Going Vortech this time since they can all get the job done (and minimal wait).

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I've put 11k miles on my hellion sleeper kit this year. We have also had worse rain that I can remember for a long time. Lots of standing water multiple different times and I've had no issues driving it.

No maintenance issues or broken parts either. I have fought with lots of false knock issues. None of them caused by the normal exhaust issues. Turned out to be the stock clutch and traction control being on at first. Once I straightened that out I roasted my stock mp4s's pretty quick and started getting a little knock again on some pulls mostly in 3rd gear. Hopefully I'll have some drag pack wheels on it by next month and put the knock behind me for a while.

Overall I love the way the kit performs and would go the same route again next time.

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My shop received my Sleeper kit today. Dropping off my car Monday.
I cannot wait....I am sooo excited.

Pretty sure I would still be waiting on a crusty Whipple kit. :p

Your welcome!!! Thank you for having us a part of your project!

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Seriously, post up the install pics as it happens. Boosted s550's FTW!

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
My shop received my Sleeper kit today. Dropping off my car Monday.
I cannot wait....I am sooo excited.

Pretty sure I would still be waiting on a crusty Whipple kit. :p
What's your plan with the kit? Pump gas/ e85? How much boost?
Sponsored