Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Sorry to crash your thread but how reliable are these turbos versus a supercharger. What about in bad weather can you still drive with the turbos under the car? Can a turbos stang be used as a daily?

Thank you,

David
Very reliable. Superchargers need maintenance just like turbos. If you are going to Force Induction turbos are the way to go. NEVER again will I super charge. :like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
noshine4mine

noshine4mine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1 Hellion TT
You have to understand that OP is TT now. It is superior to any other power adder in terms of cost, ease of installation, reliability and performance. When he goes to the track, there will be no other s550 with a different power adder that will be quicker. Guaranteed. Just watch when he posts up them time slips, you'll see.

All true

OP
OP
noshine4mine

noshine4mine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's your plan with the kit? Pump gas/ e85? How much boost?

I wanna blow the tires off of it. :) There are a couple 1/8 mile tracks kinda near me. Would like to go to dallas and run a full 1/4 mile. Our cars are freight trains on the back half. 93 really, it is an hour drive in any direction for E85. It better be 700 at the wheel or I will be very sad.

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I wanna blow the tires off of it. :) There are a couple 1/8 mile tracks kinda near me. Would like to go to dallas and run a full 1/4 mile. Our cars are freight trains on the back half. 93 really, it is an hour drive in any direction for E85. It better be 700 at the wheel or I will be very sad.
The kit should have two sets of wastegate springs. If you run the bigger ones you should be over 700 whp. I'm running the smaller springs and figure it's sbout 600whp but I haven't hit a dyno yet. It will still blow the tires off up to 80-90 if I'm not careful. Adding a boost controller in the near future so I can up it when I get the urge but right now it's good power for a DD.

OP
OP
noshine4mine

noshine4mine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The kit should have two sets of wastegate springs. If you run the bigger ones you should be over 700 whp. I'm running the smaller springs and figure it's sbout 600whp but I haven't hit a dyno yet. It will still blow the tires off up to 80-90 if I'm not careful. Adding a boost controller in the near future so I can up it when I get the urge but right now it's good power for a DD.

I'm going to get one of the dual stage boost controlers High/Low. drive normal on low and flip the in cab switch and get max boost. I have the factory active exhaust, I want a new setup but 2k for aftermarket active exhaust is a hard pill to swallow.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to get one of the dual stage boost controlers High/Low. drive normal on low and flip the in cab switch and get max boost. I have the factory active exhaust, I want a new setup but 2k for aftermarket active exhaust is a hard pill to swallow.
I noticed a nice increase in how fast the car spooled when I finished my exhaust. I had a 2.5" resonator I to a 3" borla at first. When I went full 3" it was night and day difference. Turbos like to breathe!

I'm going with the eboost 2. Keep it at 6lbs around town and bump it to 8-9lbs for fun.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Honestly, if youre primarily going to be an 1/8 mile car on 93 octane, you should have gone supercharger.

The blower guys will hand you your ass on a half track (1/8).

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I dont know much about turbos but if i wanted to just be straight motor how could I make them not spool up?

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I dont know much about turbos but if i wanted to just be straight motor how could I make them not spool up?
If your not on the gas hard they aren't boosting. Once you get to 3/4 throttle or so boost will hit. Driving normal you are out of boost the whole time.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, if youre primarily going to be an 1/8 mile car on 93 octane, you should have gone supercharger.

The blower guys will hand you your ass on a half track (1/8).
Nothing a 2 step or anti lag can't solve. Plus who doesn't like flames! 🤣

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
You’re going to love it! The adjustable boost is the best part in my opinion. The kit is also made very well. I feel as long as it’s installed correctly there’s nothing to worry about. I have about 4K miles on my kit. I keep it on 8lbs and turn it up to 14lbs for the fast guys. Even on 14lbs the car doesn’t skip a beat. I put down 1040/850 on 14.8lbs of boost with the pte BB Gen 2 6266’s.

OP
OP
noshine4mine

noshine4mine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You’re going to love it! The adjustable boost is the best part in my opinion. The kit is also made very well. I feel as long as it’s installed correctly there’s nothing to worry about. I have about 4K miles on my kit. I keep it on 8lbs and turn it up to 14lbs for the fast guys. Even on 14lbs the car doesn’t skip a beat. I put down 1040/850 on 14.8lbs of boost with the pte BB Gen 2 6266’s.

14 pounds... holy shit.
I am guessing you have an upgraded pump. oh, is that on E85?

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
14 pounds... holy shit.
I am guessing you have an upgraded pump. oh, is that on E85?
Yeah on pump e. I have a Lethal/Division X return fuel system with 2 465 pumps. I have the option of adding another pump but so far I haven’t ran into any fueling issues. I’m going to send my trans to Midnight soon and after that I plan to turn it up to 16-18lbs. A buddy of mine with the same kit stock motor and stock trans has turned it up to 17lbs and like above his car doesn’t skip a beat. Now for how long they will last on these power levels who knows but they aren’t our daily’s so we hardly drive/beat on them. If you got any questions feel free to pm me :like:
Sponsored