Website
cicioperformance.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there,

I was hoping to get some insight from everyone. My experience has been quite the rollercoaster and I have been approaching the situation with significant amounts of patience. Ordered March 5th, multiple push backs due to several different factors ie chips and factory shut downs ect. Shoutout to Snoopy for keeping me semi sane during the process of it all. My car finished up production and was moved to a "built" status at the beginning of the month. Since then everything has completely stopped and no one can gather any answers for me. The expected delivery date is 7/31 but the dealer and ford performance both have told me they have nothing documented that shipping has even began.

Has anyone had a similiar experience and if so how did it go?

1627491945899.png

Blue bar hasnt moved. My rep told me on june 26th the car was built and ready for shipping.
Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Means nothing, at least more so now than last year. Last year mine was built on 7/2/2020 Dealer didnt get it until 8/15 roughly. And with shutdowns and whatnot you could be waiting until August, your best bet with be to speak to the guru @Snoopy49

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
Hey there,

I was hoping to get some insight from everyone. My experience has been quite the rollercoaster and I have been approaching the situation with significant amounts of patience. Ordered March 5th, multiple push backs due to several different factors ie chips and factory shut downs ect. Shoutout to Snoopy for keeping me semi sane during the process of it all. My car finished up production and was moved to a "built" status at the beginning of the month. Since then everything has completely stopped and no one can gather any answers for me. The expected delivery date is 7/31 but the dealer and ford performance both have told me they have nothing documented that shipping has even began.

1627491945899.png

Blue bar hasnt moved. My rep told me on june 26th the car was built and ready for shipping.
I'm in a similiar situation as you.

1627494501565.png

Mine hasn't had an update since 07/08 but shows produced. Dealership called me last Thursday said it had shipped but nothing I can see reflects that and he doesn't have railcart either. Definitely can track a 10 dollar amazon package better than a 100k vehicle.

OP
OP
5.0hner

5.0hner

Threads
Reaction score
Website
cicioperformance.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

1627494501565.png

Mine hasn't had an update since 07/08 but shows produced. Dealership called me last Thursday said it had shipped but nothing I can see reflects that and he doesn't have railcart either. Definitely can track a 10 dollar amazon package better than a 100k vehicle.
Honestly this is my exact thought as well... Ive been so level headed about this whole process, but this last section has me completely and utterly confused.

Thesauerchise

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima, 2021 Mach 1
Hey there,

1627491945899.png

I found this on the f150 Forum, it outlines how to read the tracker, and what each status truly means. Since its the same tracker process for all Fords it is hopefully accurate in the same ways. I didnt actually notice the "circled" vs. "checked" aspect and that is could mean different things. Hope this helps.

Ford Tracking Stuff.PNG

Sponsored

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
As another member said, this status bar means less now than last year. Mine was built 7/8/20 and was delivered on my bday 7/31/20... That stupid ass bar still didn't say shipped while my rep called to tell me it was pulling in on the truck. I guess what Im saying is it could happen out of the blue, but best to stay in touch with FP and snoop. They seems to know better than dealer and stupid tracker bar

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It seems order tracking is much like how Ford handles everything else pertaining to the GT500 (allocation BS, etc.)....

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
One wild card in the shipping process is that they need a full rail car before it moves. Preferably, several full railcars together.
If your dealer/area didn’t order many Mustangs, they can sit for a while waiting for a railcar load.
Your window sticker should show “Rail” or “Convoy“. If going to Virginia, guessing its Rail.
Once it’s loaded, your dealer has the rail car number and you can track it.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
7F3C7F73-084F-4A06-9113-93246F578EBC.png

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Hi Tony,
I have been watching your lack of progress and wanted to let you know I have another members car on my list that was ordered on the same day as your car, 02/05 and he has a lower VIN, I also have another members car that was ordered on 03/12 and they are still waiting to have their VINs sent to the plant for production. You are not alone.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
@Snoopy49 you are amazing that you even got this info for me. Thank you so much.

im not worried or frustrated. I was already told maybe october and in chicago that sucks.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Mine has an update on Ford site. Went from an eta delivery of 07/31 to 08/09. Still doesn’t show shipped though.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Here is what my dealership just sent me.

Yup just checked and it has been delayed, a lot of units have done this. Not enough rail hands or transportation workers, big shortage in both of them. Will keep tabs on it and let you know when we have a firm arrival date so you can work out the transport on your end.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

1627494501565.png

A dealer can track a vehicle once it actually ships quite well through their vehicle viability system. They see every single check point with a date/time stamp as it moves around the country. Once it hits the convoy, them that's it for them.

Just because they don't tell you that, doesn't mean it's not possible.

Here is a fusion I had built and this is what the dealer can see.

Screenshot_20170326-110216_zpsgmkkpa5p.png
Screenshot_20170325-230650_zpszi3qzjwd.png
Screenshot_20170325-230638_zpsyond0m9z.png
Sponsored

Last edited: