Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Crossing fingers. The website says it will continue the download if interrupted. But given the history of piss poor functionality of this feature I have my doubts it will complete.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I typed in my VIN. It said there was an update. Then when I did the update it did nothing. I called the number on the Maps website and they said I didn't need an update. So I used my free update for absolutely nothing.
You have if you do nothing about it. But that’s up to you.

Try using your phones Hotspot.
The hotspot uses your in car modem, if you have one, on the AT&T network. Will never be as fast as a home wi-fi connection.

As many, including myself, have found over the years OTA updates are hit and miss, mostly miss. Some folks are lucky, most are not. Also in the US, maps updated cannot be done OTA. The files are to big.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Crossing fingers. The website says it will continue the download if interrupted. But given the history of piss poor functionality of this feature I have my doubts it will complete.
Just start your car and check the build number on the “about Sync” screen. You will then know if it worked or not. The good news that if it started it will most likely complete. This is based on what other owners have reported In the past.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
You have if you do nothing about it. But that’s up to you.

The hotspot uses your in car modem, if you have one, on the AT&T network. Will never be as fast as a home wi-fi connection.

As many, including myself, have found over the years OTA updates are hit and miss, mostly miss. Some folks are lucky, most are not. Also in the US, maps updated cannot be done OTA. The files are to big.
No, not the Hotspot in your car. The Hotspot on your Phone.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
No, not the Hotspot in your car. The Hotspot on your Phone.
Why would that work any better as it would still need to connect to your router. The throughput would probably be less. Anyway speed is usually not the issue. I’m passing 300gb into my garage and it has never worked.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Why would that work any better as it would still need to connect to your router. The throughput would probably be less. Anyway speed is usually not the issue. I’m passing 300gb into my garage and it has never worked.
Haha. Dude, your phone Hotspot works off your phones data connection. If you have a 5G signal you could potentially get over 100mbps DL speed. That would make downloading updates very fast.
It has nothing to do with your router.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Haha. Dude, your phone Hotspot works off your phones data connection. If you have a 5G signal you could potentially get over 100mbps DL speed. That would make downloading updates very fast.
It has nothing to do with your router.
OK so you want to use a carrier hotspot instead of your home Wi-Fi. A potentially unstable signal that is slower than most home connections. Good luck with that.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
This morning the update screen remained the same with the "Downloading update" then when I backed out of the garage thus disconnecting the car from my home wifi, it changed to "Scan for updates". I'm going to let it do it's thing and keep tabs on how long it takes to update. If it ever does :fingerscrossed:. My car is normally not on or running within my wifi range. Using my phones limited 1gig data plan, out of the question. I won't go off on a rant about Canadian cell phone service 🤬 . Most expensive in the world. The nations network is owned by a duopoly. Sorry, stopping now.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
This morning the update screen remained the same with the "Downloading update" then when I backed out of the garage thus disconnecting the car from my home wifi, it changed to "Scan for updates". I'm going to let it do it's thing and keep tabs on how long it takes to update. If it ever does :fingerscrossed:. My car is normally not on or running within my wifi range. Using my phones limited 1gig data plan, out of the question. I won't go off on a rant about Canadian cell phone service 🤬 . Most expensive in the world. The nations network is owned by a duopoly. Sorry, stopping now.
Todd, just use the damn flash drive. You fighting a battle that you cannot win. 😊👍

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Todd, just use the damn flash drive. You fighting a battle that you cannot win. 😊👍
It's an experiment... Not to test the over-the-air updates, but to test my patience. :crackup:

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
OK so you want to use a carrier hotspot instead of your home Wi-Fi. A potentially unstable signal that is slower than most home connections. Good luck with that.
Yes, but you're quite wrong about this. When I have 5G signal I get upwards of 200mbps download speeds. Twice as fast as my home network. It's not unstable in the slightest. Of course, it also depends on your carrier. If you have AT&T then I absolutely agree with you.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Yes, but you're quite wrong about this. When I have 5G signal I get upwards of 200mbps download speeds. Twice as fast as my home network. It's not unstable in the slightest. Of course, it also depends on your carrier. If you have AT&T then I absolutely agree with you.
Not sure where you are getting that speed but that’s more than double the record.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...obile-now-ranked-fastest-5g-network-by-ookla/

Here’s my iPhone 12 on T-Mobile 5G.

12E656F0-2A74-48F0-97B7-318C8207662E.png

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Just my 2 cents, the safest way to do this is to build update offline with files from your choosing (Ford/Cyanlabs) and install via USB. As flaky as the OTA has been with all Ford vehicles I would not take the chance.