Sponsored

Totaled 2019 GT, get 2021 GT?

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The point isn't that he can't, it's that he shouldn't. The numbers bear this out too as teenagers are by far the most dangerous on the road. Having a 460hp, nearly two ton cruise missile simply speeds that process up. If he lived in a vacuum, I would be all for it, but we don't and other drivers exist.

It's not just about skill, it's about understanding mortality and responsibility. Yes, teens will die in slow cars, but adding way more power just amplifies the ability to do something truly stupid.

they-could-they-didnt-stop-to-think-if-they-should.jpg

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
From my limited time on this forum I have learned the following:

1. There is some good information.
2. The "Mustang" guys seem to be limited to only liking S550 Mustangs, and anything previously is garbage.
3. Young guys should not have Mustangs
4. If you don't work your whole life and save every penny to pay cash for one of these, you don't deserve it.

To the OP, if you want a Mustang GT, get one. Who cares what these self-riteous old farts think. If you can afford the Premium, get the premium. Do dumb stuff while you are young, and get it out of your system.

I would've killed for a car like this at your age, best I had back then was a Fox body LX 5.0, with 2.73 gears and an aod. I am lucky enough that my dad was a real car guy, and anything fast was cool, and he enjoyed me getting fast cars because it was a tradition he was passing down to me.

With that said, hopefully you learn something from your previous accidents, whether it is to be less stupid, or atleast a better driver. And if you are doing stupid dangerous things, do them out where you aren't going to hurt anybody else. That's what back roads in the country are for.

I would like to think if I was in your shoes, I would wait for the S650 Mustangs, but I just picked up my 2021 a month ago, because I didn't want to wait.
Old Mustangs are fine as long as it has a v8 dawg. Any of that other weak sh*t can stay off my lawn! /s

freudianfloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Old Mustangs are fine as long as it has a v8 dawg. Any of that other weak sh*t can stay off my lawn! /s
I completely agree. I was referring to the thread about buying an S195 Mustang GT as a daily driver, and the amount of people bashing the OP for even considering it.

Deleted member 35644

"...adding way more power just amplifies the ability..."
This is the point that a lot of people, on a lot of different car forums tend to ignore. Teenagers are far less likely to try stupid things if they're in an skill-appropriate car. If they do try something stupid in a Corolla, they'll only be going 50mph when they could've been going 100 in a Mustang.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I completely agree. I was referring to the thread about buying an S195 Mustang GT as a daily driver, and the amount of people bashing the OP for even considering it.
Try going to the S195 forum and tell them you are buying an S550 for a DD. You'd probably get the same treatment. This is, after all, the 6g forum not the all mustang forum.

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
400 a month!! When I was 22 or 23...I had a 78 chevy truck...v8, 68 camaro ss....v8, and a brand new 00 z/28...v8. Full coverage on all 3...insurance less than 150 a month.
No wrecks or anything stupid.
Even now with 68 and 00 v8 camaros and 16 gt/cs and 18 gt350 v8 mustangs around 280-300 a month. Again no wrecks or anything stupid. Now I'm turning 44.
My point is, that ok they are offering you insurance at 400 a month...great, but that is them saying we know you are a very high risk, but at least we will get our money out of you.
Who cares what your friends have or had...that means nothing. Get what you can afford and handle. Drive with some sense, and learn how to drive properly (on and off road), and learn about life and lose the arrogance.

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
This is the point that a lot of people, on a lot of different car forums tend to ignore. Teenagers are far less likely to try stupid things if they're in an skill-appropriate car. If they do try something stupid in a Corolla, they'll only be going 50mph when they could've been going 100 in a Mustang.
This was precisely the reason my parents put me in a 114hp Volvo wagon. I had friends with the then new G35 Coupe, a Probe GT, and VW GTI. All of them either crashed or put their cars in ditches whereas I pretty much was incapable of unsettling the rear of of a rear drive wagon. We even had track time in track cars, we used to routinely either win or come close to winning our classes at SCCA autocrosses, we were good at the track part. Problem is that doesn’t mean dick on the street.

The few times I had access to my dad’s E46 M3 were really the times where I really could do damage on the street. Knowing the car’s limits really didn’t mean anything if a feat jumped in front of us or some grandmother in her Roadmaster pulled in front of us.

Last edited:

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
This was precisely the reason my parents put me in a 114hp Volvo wagon. I had friends with the then new G35 Coupe, a Probe GT, and VW GTI. All of them either crashed or put their cars in ditches whereas I pretty much was incapable of unsettling the rear of of a rear drive wagon. We even had track time in track cars, we used to routinely either win or come close to winning our classes at SCCA autocrosses, we were good at the track part. Problem is that doesn’t mean dick on the street.

The few times I had access to my dad’s E46 M3 were really the times where I really could do damage on the street. Knowing the car’s limits really didn’t mean anything if a feat jumped in front of us or some grandmother in her Roadmaster pulled in front of us.
A Probe GT? come on now...thats just crazy talk.

Sponsored

COVID19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Bih, Cars are slow, try a ZX10R if you want something really fast.
Oh yeh, helmets are for pussies!!

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
Has the op even came back?

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
A Probe GT? come on now...thats just crazy talk.
Back in 2002 the V6 PGT was quick and this one had some mods for the track too. My buddie’s GTI was considered quick too with 180hp and the G35 Coupe was considered downright fast with 280hp. Hell, a Mustang GT had 260hp.

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Fast in autocross lol

Nope. Either he was trolling or got offended we were ragging on him lol
He is probably embarrassed. He needs it though, it might prevent an even bigger accident.
Sponsored