Sponsored

TSB for Secondary Cam Chain Tensioner

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Can you buy a #3 or #4 dental mirror and post pics? We can look at it and tell you if the tensioner is activated. If you look at the TSB and follow the procedure, you'll want to make sure it looks like the picture they posted. It's a very easy check and whether a car is or is not on the list, it's an easy enough check that IMO everyone with a GT350/500 should check.
See post #163. I believe that is his.
Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
This is hard spot to be in. Might have to escalate somehow with FP or Ford Cares to get a case going.
When I call Ford customer support, they tell me I have to go through the dealer first. And if there isn't anything wrong, or happening with the car, or on the recall list, there's nothing they can do.
FWIW, I'm doing the GT350 Track Attack next week. I figure on speaking to the technicians/mechanics in the garage there the day before. Those guys know these engines inside out, and I'm hoping they can provide me some info, and what I can do.

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
When I call Ford customer support, they tell me I have to go through the dealer first. And if there isn't anything wrong, or happening with the car, there's nothing they can do.
FWIW, I'm doing the GT350 Track Attack next week. I figure on speaking to the technicians/mechanics in the garage there the day before. Those guys know these engines inside out, and I'm hoping they can provide me some info, and what I can do.
How many miles on the car? It was an early 2019 build correct?

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
When I call Ford customer support, they tell me I have to go through the dealer first. And if there isn't anything wrong, or happening with the car, there's nothing they can do.
They can check it in a matter of seconds. If anything, order or pick up a #3 or #4 dental mirror so they have one in case it's needed. Good luck!

gasgas72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
The Ford Pass app just updated. And now it's a little buggy. A TSB on my F150 used to show up in the upper left corner, now nothing. The more they update apps, the worse they get.
Barry
I have just checked the recall website and now it shows FIELD SERVICE ACTION: BROKEN SECONDARY CHAIN TENSIONER. However FordPass app, it doesn´t show the FSA notification.

Common sense tells me: visual inspection over app notifications and recall websites.. And wait to see what Ford comes up with next.

Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
See post #163. I believe that is his.
Yes it is.

How many miles on the car? It was an early 2019 build correct?
1,450 miles Yes, build date 2/1/19 .

They can check it in a matter of seconds. If anything, order or pick up a #3 or #4 dental mirror so they have one in case it's needed. Good luck!
That's what I told them. It doesn't even need to be pulled into the garage bay. One dealer literally said I'd have to leave the car there for maybe 3-4 days. WTF! I said for what? It did it in 1 minute to initially check. 5 minutes if you have to turn the crankcase. They said the time required would be to call Ford and discuss what to do. I said all I want is someone to visually look at it. And then if it appears to be defective(not activated), they can call Ford and figure what to do.
Right now my best hope is with the service manager with the specialized technician for these cars, and speaking to the technicians at the Track Attack garage.

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Yes it is.

1,450 miles Yes, build date 2/1/19 .

That's what I told them. It doesn't even need to be pulled into the garage bay. One dealer literally said I'd have to leave the car there for maybe 3-4 days. WTF! I said for what? It did it in 1 minute to initially check. 5 minutes if you have to turn the crankcase. They said the time required would be to call Ford and discuss what to do. I said all I want is someone to visually look at it. And then if it appears to be defective(not activated), they can call Ford and figure what to do.
Right now my best hope is with the service manager with the specialized technician for these cars, and speaking to the technicians at the Track Attack garage.
I feel your pain, it’s the same way here in N. Va, to have anything done is a full day. Since you have a 350, you can pick up an inspection mirror from any auto store and post a picture, we can let you know if it looks ok.
Check out the TSB video on Shelbyflyer’s YouTube page, he shows how to check it.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I feel your pain, it’s the same way here in N. Va, to have anything done is a full day. Since you have a 350, you can pick up an inspection mirror from any auto store and post a picture, we can let you know if it looks ok.
Check out the TSB video on Shelbyflyer’s YouTube page, he shows how to check it.
I tried to tell you that his pic is in post #163.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
He did that and thinks it is defective but the dealer says his vin isn't on the list and won't even look at it.

Shelbyshakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks to everyone who posting links and pictures . Nothing comes using my VIN , next up is a visual .

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Rest assured that Ford wouldn't start something like this unless they had data. For @Postal Bob - I'd ask Ford Cares what they suggest - either drive the car at risk of having the exact failure you are giving them notice for (dangerous) or not drive the car that you paid for, at all. Those options don't make much sense, IMO.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
has anybody found a bad one or is ford pfishing.
:facepalm: I think that's what I've been saying all along

Rest assured that Ford wouldn't start something like this unless they had data. For @Postal Bob - I'd ask Ford Cares what they suggest - either drive the car at risk of having the exact failure you are giving them notice for (dangerous) or not drive the car that you paid for, at all. Those options don't make much sense, IMO.
I did call the main Ford Customer support number (800) 392-3673) They're the ones who told me I have to go through the dealer. But if nothing is wrong, nothing broken, and not on the list, nothing they can do. And suggested I drive the car, and see if in time the list of cars is extended to other years and vin #'s. :explode:
Is Ford Cares some other department or number?

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)