Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
I doubled checked again, and without a doubt, mine is not activated. You can't see any groove in the first pic(mine), and even the black chain guide moves easily. I even looked at someone else's 2019 for comparison, and there tensioner was definitely activated.
Now I'll have to call Ford and see what happens with a car vin# that's not listed in the range of cars designated.

20210501_173604.jpg
Your does not look activated, you can try turning/starting the car then checking again. Some people have seen theirs raise once the oil pressure is UP. Also, another way of activating it is to push down on the chain which activates the tensioner. However, you can try starting/stopping your car OR follow the instructions to turn your motor while it is off to the 8:30 position, which is a bit more involved (if you do not want to start your car).
Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Your does not look activated, you can try turning/starting the car then checking again. Some people have seen theirs raise once the oil pressure is UP. Also, another way of activating it is to push down on the chain which activates the tensioner. However, you can try starting/stopping your car OR follow the instructions to turn your motor while it is off to the 8:30 position, which is a bit more involved (if you do not want to start your car).
I've checked it cold, hot, turning engine by hand, stopping/starting engine, cranking engine through oil priming method, etc. It's all the same. However, I will try pushing down on the tensioner next time I'm taking it out. Nothing to lose by trying, I hope.

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
I've checked it cold, hot, turning engine by hand, stopping/starting engine, cranking engine through oil priming method, etc. It's all the same. However, I will try pushing down on the tensioner next time I'm taking it out. Nothing to lose by trying, I hope.
Offer to pay them to check it! What’s a hundred bucks for peace of mind! IMO.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Sponsored

BuckeyeGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Race Red, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali
Hello everyone. I think I am good, right? Please see pic. I have an appointment for Thursday afternoon. Anyone know how long this should take for them to check? Do they look at it with a mirror like we have or are there other diagnostics that they run?

Also, anyone know who built my engine? One of those signatures that you can only make out the initials.

Thank you all!

IMG_20210504_205327.jpg

IMG_20210504_205331.jpg

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Hello everyone. I think I am good, right? Please see pic. I have an appointment for Thursday afternoon. Anyone know how long this should take for them to check? Do they look at it with a mirror like we have or are there other diagnostics that they run?

Also, anyone know who built my engine? One of those signatures that you can only make out the initials.

Thank you all!
Can't tell you if it looks okay, but when I called to make my appointment they told me it should take about an hour. Unfortunately I am still waiting on a battery, so I won't be able to take it in to get it looked at until next week.

Can't tell about the engine guy either, it looks like CJ but it's so hard to read cursive because write it so sloppy.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350

Thank you all!

IMG_20210504_205327.jpg

IMG_20210504_205331.jpg
Your's is definitely good. As for how long it takes them, just as long as it took you. They check it the same way with a mirror. If they see it extended, that's it. If not, then they have to turn the crankcase some and check. Read the service bulletin in the first post explaining what they're to do. It'll take you longer waiting for them to take your car in, then it will be to check it out.

BuckeyeGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Can't tell you if it looks okay, but when I called to make my appointment they told me it should take about an hour. Unfortunately I am still waiting on a battery, so I won't be able to take it in to get it looked at until next week.

Can't tell about the engine guy either, it looks like CJ but it's so hard to read cursive because write it so sloppy.
Thank you for your reply. I guess the picture kind of sucks. About 95% sure I can see the groove. Maybe I will try priming the engine to see if the tensioner sticks out further.

They are trying to get me a loaner as I requested but sort of hope I can just wait for it if it's only an hour. I'd rather have outpatient surgery than leave a car at a dealer.

I think the initials are C.B. yeah hard to tell. Whoever it was also slipped and scratched up the plate pretty good.

Thanks again,

Dan

Sponsored

BuckeyeGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Your's is definitely good. As for how long it takes them, just as long as it took you. They check it the same way with a mirror. If they see it extended, that's it. If not, then they have to turn the crankcase some and check. Read the service bulletin in the first post explaining what they're to do. It'll take you longer waiting for them to take your car in, then it will be to check it out.
Cool, thanks!

I will wait for it then for sure.

Flashstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona Blue

Also, anyone know who built my engine? One of those signatures that you can only

make out the initials.

Thank you all!

IMG_20210504_205327.jpg

IMG_20210504_205331.jpg
Curtis Brunson is the engine, he also built mine. Please see post #169 for Predator Engine builder list..

Flashstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona Blue
When I call Ford customer support, they tell me I have to go through the dealer first. And if there isn't anything wrong, or happening with the car, or on the recall list, there's nothing they can do.
FWIW, I'm doing the GT350 Track Attack next week. I figure on speaking to the technicians/mechanics in the garage there the day before. Those guys know these engines inside out, and I'm hoping they can provide me some info, and what I can do.
Can you ask the GT350 guys about the right side tensioner, doubt they can share anything with you, but worth a try.

FlashStang

Flashstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona Blue
Can you ask the GT350 guys about the right side tensioner, doubt they can share anything with you, but worth a try.

FlashStang
Sorry meant Left side tensioner, should we pull valve cover and check?

FlashStang

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Sorry meant Left side tensioner, should we pull valve cover and check?

FlashStang
Hello; I have been following this thread. Near as I can tell that may be the only way to know for sure. I think the working theory is if the one you can check is OK then the other ought to be OK also. I do get the assumption, but also get the concern.
I do not have a good take on what ought to be done. If the car is under warranty and you open up the engine can that void the warranty in some rare way?
Wish I had a better answer.
Sponsored