Sponsored

Eco boost VS GT

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Not like ppl are going to bash you for getting a EB.
are you new around here? :)

I used to poo poo the 'sound' thing but I've been drawn to the dark side. When thrashing the 4-banger it sounds good enough. But the V8 can just be sitting there idling and it sounds just lovely.

The lighter nose in the EB is very welcome and also that I can flog it way harder than the GT and still keep my license is a big plus. Over 4 grand on the tach in the V8 and I'm well above self-preservation level. On the EB it's just harmless fun.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
are you new around here? :)
I used to poo poo the 'sound' thing but I've been drawn to the dark side. When thrashing the 4-banger is sounds good enough. But the V8 can just be sitting there idling and it sounds just lovely.

The lighter nose in the EB is very welcome and also that I can flog it way harder than the GT and still keep my license is a big plus. Over 4 grand on the tach in the V8 and I'm well above self-preservation level. On the EB it's just harmless fun.
Plus. If you play, cops aren’t alerted miles away to come look for you

Tesla’s win here. They can play hard and no noise

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Plus. If you play, cops aren’t alerted miles away to come look for you

Tesla’s win here. They can play hard and no noise
Cops can't hear the EB because it's like a 🐝 vs a 🐎

Tesla's are ugly. But some love it.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Cops can't hear the EB because it's like a 🐝 vs a 🐎
Standing on the outside of Summit Point main circuit Turn 3 is instructive. The V8s yowled as they go buy. The EB mustang (well the white one with stock exhaust) was almost inaudible - just like the Miata's that hadn't been modified with obnoxious fart-cans.

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR
I actually went to the dealership with the intention of upgrading from my 2010 4.6V to a 2018 coyote but ended up leaving with a EB equipped with PP, 101A and magneride for 28K out the door.

I'm not a drag racer so this car is perfect for "me" as I spend most of my time in the twisties and the lighter nose combined with the upgraded suspension bits and the low end torque coming off a turn feel amazing. And I never have to worry about having enough gas to get home. It's true that you simply can not make an EB sound like a V8 but contrary to popular belief, you can make it sound good if you do some research.

That said, OP only you know the things you value most in your purchase and from some of your response it sounds like you've already made up your mind but are seeking validation. Buy what you want and most importantly what you can afford.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
1. I never have to worry about having enough gas to get home. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

2. the EB is fully loaded and the gt is base.... what about getting a fully loaded GT? :crackup:

to me, at the end of the day, aaaaaall the reasons i read translate to: "i couldn't afford a fully loaded GT" and that's ok, but not a single reason outside of the money factor...

NOBODY said "I love the mustang looks and I love 4 cyl turbo engines" everything was it was cheaper, more options for less money, etc etc etc

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
NOBODY said "I love the mustang looks and I love 4 cyl turbo engines"
I do and despite already buying a '19 GT and a '19 SS/1LE, I went out and bought a '19 EB/PP a couple months later. It's a compelling purchase and I drove it equal time with my V8s.

I do slightly regret not getting the 301A package (had 101A and AE on the EB) but the only benefit of the big screen is for Android Auto NAV mode instead of having to use the phone's screen.

Last edited:

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
1. I never have to worry about having enough gas to get home. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

2. the EB is fully loaded and the gt is base.... what about getting a fully loaded GT? :crackup:

to me, at the end of the day, aaaaaall the reasons i read translate to: "i couldn't afford a fully loaded GT" and that's ok, but not a single reason outside of the money factor...

NOBODY said "I love the mustang looks and I love 4 cyl turbo engines" everything was it was cheaper, more options for less money, etc etc etc
You're right about gas for sure 🙄 but it's worth it. Just gotta pretend I love my job and actually do some work.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do and despite already buying a '19 GT and a '19 SS/1LE, I went out and bought a '19 EB/PP a couple months later. It's a compelling purchase and I drove it equal time with my V8s.

I do slightly regret not getting the 301A package (had 101A and AE on the EB) but the only benefit of the big screen is for Android Auto NAV mode instead of having to use the phone's screen.
I do too, BUT, i got the mustang V8 and an Sti... but i don't want a EB mustang the same way i don't want a V8 Sti lol

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're right about gas for sure 🙄 but it's worth it. Just gotta pretend I love my job and actually do some work.
Unless you live in the middle of the dessert where the closest gas station is 100 miles away, i don't see that as a problem... mine is full E85, and I'm not worry about that even when the full thank is just 200 mi.

I always put full tank on everything. My 33 gal tank F150 is a killer, but range is +500 miles and that's great for work