Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I had Gen5 Whipple stage 2 kit put on my car a month ago and finished my clutch break-in last week. Went back to the shop this afternoon to put it on the rollers. It completely exceeded my expectations!! This Whipple is insane! The pull was done in 5th gear and stopped just shy of 7500rpms to avoid hitting the speed limiter. Tried to first dyno it in 4th gear, but it just spun the tires too much.

Crazy the power never peaks and just keeps going up! Whipple tune on 93 octane and the 3.875 pulley the kit comes with. I did put a splash of Boostane in the tank as Iā€™m not sure if weā€™re still on winter fuel around here or not.

Big shoutout to Mike Post at DynoTuneMP for all the great work installing the kit. Anyone in the Chicagoland area that needs anything, Mike is your guy!

Mod list for my car besides the Whipple: OPGā€™s/CS, QA1 carbon fiber driveshaft, LPX clutch, Borla Touring cat-back, GForce Renegade axles, Steeda stop the hop kit and vertical links.

Here is the dyno graph: 708.97 / 529.17

ALL YOU GUYS IN ā€˜THE WHIPPLE WAITā€™ THREAD, THE WAIT IS WORTH IT!!! :rockon:

CF3F56FB-2728-401D-B036-52D2CCF7E635.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Looks great!
Did you do the Whipple tune or something else?
I installed my Gen 5 Stage 2 a few weeks ago and I got to be honest- Ya there's more power but I was expecting more. I am not chasing HP numbers here but my butt dyno says that my colleague's 2015 Camaro with a Calloway package at 652 HP was quicker and faster than my Mustang.
Maybe I need to take my car to a dyno or try a different tune. If nothing else- maybe I just need to calibrate my butt dyno ;)

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
200ft/lbs of torque in 500 rpm. Gotta love the twin screws!!!

OP
OP
J17GT

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Looks great!
I installed my Gen 5 Stage 2 a few weeks ago and I got to be honest- Ya there's more power but I was expecting more. I am not chasing HP numbers here but my butt dyno says that my colleague's 2015 Camaro with a Calloway package at 652 HP was quicker and faster than my Mustang.
Maybe I need to take my car to a dyno or try a different tune. If nothing else- maybe I just need to calibrate my butt dyno ;)
Whipple tune! Iā€™ve noticed you have to completely disable traction control otherwise the car tries to hold you back. Give that a try if you havenā€™t.

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Whipple tune! Iā€™ve noticed you have to completely disable traction control otherwise the car tries to hold you back. Give that a try if you havenā€™t.
I will give that a try tomorrow.

Sponsored

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I had Gen5 Whipple stage 2 kit put on my car a month ago and finished my clutch break-in last week. Went back to the shop this afternoon to put it on the rollers. It completely exceeded my expectations!! This Whipple is insane! The pull was done in 5th gear and stopped just shy of 7500rpms to avoid hitting the speed limited. Tried to first dyno it in 4th gear, but it just spun the tires too much.

Crazy the power never peaks and just keeps going up! Whipple tune on 93 octane and the 3.875 pulley the kit comes with. I did put a splash of Boostane in the tank as Iā€™m not sure if weā€™re still on winter fuel around here or not.

Big shoutout to Mike Post at DynoTuneMP for all the great work installing the kit. Anyone in the Chicagoland area that needs anything, Mike is your guy!

Mod list for my car besides the Whipple: OPGā€™s/CS, QA1 carbon fiber driveshaft, Borla Touring cat-back, GForce Renegade axles, Steeda stop the hop kit and vertical links.

Here is the dyno graph: 708.97 / 529.17

ALL YOU GUYS IN ā€˜THE WHIPPLE WAITā€™ THREAD, THE WAIT IS WORTH IT!!! :rockon:

CF3F56FB-2728-401D-B036-52D2CCF7E635.png
Very impressive! I have the same setup as you except stock exhaust. Mine made 650 at 7500 but in 4th. I also dynoed in 5th and it tracks yours almost identically but I stopped at 5500.

Anyway, congrats!

OP
OP
J17GT

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Very impressive! I have the same setup as you except stock exhaust. Mine made 650 at 7500 but in 4th. I also dynoed in 5th and it tracks yours almost identically but I stopped at 5500.

Anyway, congrats!
Thanks man!
Imagine if it was on E85.
Maybe someday! For now this is plenty. Although ask me again in a few months when I really get used to this.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Looks great!
You have to wind it out! Iā€™ll bet a 650 hp (rw?) supercharged big displacement LS will make a ton more torque/power in the low and midrange, but if you raced youā€™d be up where youā€™re making more power and gapping him big time. Look at J17GTs torque curve, super flat, which can be deceptive even if itā€™s up there. My own experience in these cars is linear power rather than massive low/midrange thrust, but they get scary fast very quickly.

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Wow - and that is the Whipple tune! Congratulations - that is awesome and for this Friday morning as one of those guys still waiting since December for my Gen V - it made my day!

Sponsored
OP
OP
J17GT

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Wow - and that is the Whipple tune! Congratulations - that is awesome and for this Friday morning as one of those guys still waiting since December for my Gen V - it made my day!
You'll forget all about that wait the first time you mash the go pedal!