Sponsored

Ford Performance Half Shaft Differences?

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I am currently looking at the Ford Performance half shafts on the Ford Performance site. I see 2 different listings. One for M-4130-M ($999) and one for M-4130-MA ($2075). They also sell each of the MA versions left and right separately for $1090. Does anyone know the difference between the M-4130-M and M-4130-MA? They both say made by G-Force Engineering. The former says its only for 15 and 16 MY GT, V6, and I4 and not GT350 where as the latter says all mustangs.

M-4130-M 2015-2016 MUSTANG HALF SHAFT UPGRADE KIT | Ford Performance | Ford Performance Parts

M-4130-MA 2015-2019 MUSTANG HALF SHAFT UPGRADE KIT | Ford Performance | Ford Performance Parts
Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
I am currently looking at the Ford Performance half shafts on the Ford Performance site. I see 2 different listings. One for M-4130-M ($999) and one for M-4130-MA ($2075). They also sell each of the MA versions left and right separately for $1090. Does anyone know the difference between the M-4130-M and M-4130-MA? They both say made by G-Force Engineering. The former says its only for 15 and 16 MY GT, V6, and I4 and not GT350 where as the latter says all mustangs.

M-4130-M 2015-2016 MUSTANG HALF SHAFT UPGRADE KIT | Ford Performance | Ford Performance Parts

M-4130-MA 2015-2019 MUSTANG HALF SHAFT UPGRADE KIT | Ford Performance | Ford Performance Parts
It’s the exact same half shaft. They fit 350’s. Don’t buy it on this site. Way over priced. These are still pricey but hundreds less on other sites.

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s the exact same half shaft. They fit 350’s. Don’t buy it on this site. Way over priced. These are still pricey but hundreds less on other sites.
Where can you find the Ford Performance half shafts for less than $999 with both that are on that site?

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where can you find the Ford Performance half shafts for less than $999 with both that are on that site?
There is 100% no chance they are selling as a pair ffor $999. The actual cost of the half shaft is around $1500-$1600 for a retailer. The ones that end with “MA” are what is sold everywhere as a pair. That listing I’m gonna say it’s probably a right side half shaft listing. As the left side part# is “M-4149-M and your listing is
“M-4130-M”. The listing is just a badly written listing. In regards to my statement of finding the half shafts hundreds less for the pair on other sites. Yeah you can get them for about $300 total less for the pair than what this site is selling them for from Lethal.

Last edited:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
There is 100% no chance they are selling as a pair ffor $999. The actual cost of the half shaft is around $1500-$1600 for a retailer. The ones that end with “MA” are what is sold everywhere as a pair. That listing I’m gonna say it’s probably a right side half shaft listing. As the left side part# is “M-4149-M and your listing is
“M-4130-M”. The listing is just a badly written listing. In regards to my statement of finding the half shafts hundreds less for the pair on other sites. Yeah you can get them for about $300 total less for the pair than what this site is selling them for from Lethal.
The $999 set is the 15-16 upgrade kit: 2015-2016 MUSTANG HALF SHAFT UPGRADE KIT| Part Details for M-4130-M | Ford Performance Parts

I'm not sure what the difference is between that, the GT350 axles and the newer FP shafts.

Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The $999 set is the 15-16 upgrade kit: 2015-2016 MUSTANG HALF SHAFT UPGRADE KIT| Part Details for M-4130-M | Ford Performance Parts

I'm not sure what the difference is between that, the GT350 axles and the newer FP shafts.
I mean the Ford performance half shafts are the exact same set as the 15-17 Ford racing half shafts. They are both the exact same Gforce half shafts. Either way whatever that $999 kit is it’s not the 1500hp rated half shaft pair from Ford performance. If you look it says units sold as 1. So like I said I believe this is either the right side or left side only.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
If you look it says units sold as 1. So like I said I believe this is either the right side or left side only.
So does the $2000 M-4130-MA set. says Each(1), both also have a 64lb package weight.

Also note the part number in the Ford Performance video below.
Ford Racing: Performance Half Shaft Kit | Performance Parts | Ford Performance - YouTube

The only change I can find between the 2 kits is the MA was changed to fit the GT350. I'm not sure what that specific change was, or if it matters for the GT.

Last edited:

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So does the $2000 M-4130-MA set. says Each(1), both also have a 64lb package weight.

Also note the part number in the Ford Performance video below.
Ford Racing: Performance Half Shaft Kit | Performance Parts | Ford Performance - YouTube

The only change I can find between the 2 kits is the MA was changed to fit the GT350. I'm not sure what that specific change was, or if it matters for the GT.
The 350 and GT can use interchangeable parts. Especially when it comes to half shafts. My suggestion is order the parts. Let us know if they send it or cancel the order before it ships. But I honestly don’t see it being the pair of Ford racing/performance half shafts made by G-Force. Not for $999. That would be $5-600 below cost. Sometimes when things are too good to be true it’s because they are. I don’t know one person who orders anything off this site btw. Is it even legitimate?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The 350 and GT can use interchangeable parts. Especially when it comes to half shafts. My suggestion is order the parts. Let us know if they send it or cancel the order before it ships. But I honestly don’t see it being the pair of Ford racing/performance half shafts made by G-Force. Not for $999. That would be $5-600 below cost. Sometimes when things are too good to be true it’s because they are. I don’t know one person who orders anything off this site btw. Is it even legitimate?
Not sure if you're confusing posters.

But as performanceparts.ford.com (the site I linked) is the actual Ford Performance site, and I also linked their official YouTube Channel, and BOTH say its a kit... I'd say its a kit. About the only way you could be MORE sure is calling FP directly.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if you're confusing posters.

But as performanceparts.ford.com (the site I linked) is the actual Ford Performance site, and I also linked their official YouTube Channel, and BOTH say its a kit... I'd say its a kit. About the only way you could be MORE sure is calling FP directly.
I did mic you up. But I will tell you this. If those aren’t a misprint I will find out by tomorrow. I was to buy Ford performance half shafts this week and I will cal them. 15-21 all model S550’s can use the exact same half shafts. The G-force ones sold In 2015 are the exact same as the 2021 ones currently sold. If the only difference is the sticker which maybe shows the now defunct “Ford Racung” brand making it an old SKU instead of “Ford Perfomance” I would just buy those. I just feel it’s going to be too good to be true. But I’ll know by tomorrow.

Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I recently added ford half shafts along with all the bmr stuff. I broke the knuckle during one of the bushing installs. The first knuckle I got was for a gt500 supposedly. The speed sensor was drilled in a different location and would not fit on my car. needed a different part. Long story short the gt500 half shafts might be different.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I recently added ford half shafts along with all the bmr stuff. I broke the knuckle during one of the bushing installs. The first knuckle I got was for a gt500 supposedly. The speed sensor was drilled in a different location and would not fit on my car. needed a different part. Long story short the gt500 half shafts might be different.
We never mentioned GT500 half shafts.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
We never mentioned GT500 half shafts.
I know but gt350 shafts were mentioned, thought I'd share. Wasn't sure if the knuckle part was the same 350/500.

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The $999 listing is from https://performanceparts.ford.com/mustang/. I just gave the link when you choose to checkout.

SmartSelect_20210506-202955_Chrome.jpg

AM used to have this M version but now only have the MA listing. Here is their old out of stock listing https://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-halfshafts-2015eco.html
im aware. I just looked at the old AM link. Both half shafts are the same description and both are made by G force. The AM ones even said made for all Mustangs. So the question is what’s the difference besides the sku and from after watching both videos on AM and the sticker which on the old one says Ford Racing and the new “MA” one says Ford Performance which was a “required” change once Ford Changed the name of the brand? That literally is probably the reason for the sku change and price that they figured why not increase. $999 is most likely a close out price because 6 years ago I believe these were around $1600. Probably super old stock. I honestly though still think it would be a bad move to buy the older ones just because any improvement G-Force has made that wasn’t documented. But I do believe these half shafts have lifetime warranties. So there’s that.
Sponsored

Last edited: