2021 Mach 1 wheels / specs

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Will the wider 10/11" wheels (bird's nest / PP2 wheels) fit the base Mach 1 without any problems? Like PP2 had some changes in the fender liner (topic), I guess the base model has preparation for it already and there'd be no clearing issues?

Adding the front lip molding and rear splash guards and that'd be all that's needed for wider wheels.
You may need to look at HP specific wheel nuts as well.
Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
If longer wheel nuts are needed, that shouldn't be a problem. I would buy the Ford Performance PP2 wheels, not the original HP wheels. They're twice expensive plus I like simpler design and they're also nice match to 9.5/10" optional Y Mach 1 wheels that I'll have and will keep for winter tyres.

Last edited:

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
If longer wheels are needed, that shouldn't be a problem. I would buy the Ford Performance PP2 wheels, not the original HP wheels. They're twice expensive plus I like simpler design and they're also nice match to 9.5/10" optional Y Mach 1 wheels that I'll have and will keep for winter tyres.
Hi, do you have the link for those wheels? Thanks.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
If longer wheels are needed, that shouldn't be a problem. I would buy the Ford Performance PP2 wheels, not the original HP wheels. They're twice expensive plus I like simpler design and they're also nice match to 9.5/10" optional Y Mach 1 wheels that I'll have and will keep for winter tyres.
How are you going to recalibrate the electronics for what I assume will be a different rear tire diameter?

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, do you have the link for those wheels? Thanks.
For example here.

How are you going to recalibrate the electronics for what I assume will be a different rear tire diameter?
Not entirely sure about that, don't think it's possible? How does everyone else who bought wider rims for their GT did it? I don't think they did. Hence scouting for information here, plenty of people did it for their GT or PP1.

From this article:
“So stepping up to the Handling Pack, it’s sort of all starts and ends with that tire – the Cup 2 fitment with the 305 in front and the 315 in the rear. Now what do we do to make those tires work? We’ve got stiffer spring rates front and rear, we’ve got a larger rear stabilizer bar. We’ve got a unique MagneRide calibration,” Del Zio said. “The steering is the same. And then you’ve got the aero treatment, which is the same unique facia from the base Mach with an additional splitter on the front, and we stole the GT350 Track Pack wing with the Gurney flap. It will do 168 miles an hour, even with the Gurney installed, and the base car does 166 mph.”
I wouldn't be using Cup 2 tyres but Pilot Sport 4s. So not slicks, just same tyre but wider. Springs and stabilizer bar could be exchanged, but I won't be tracking all that much, maybe once a year. I don't think that the calibration would make a big difference for me and it's made for quite different tyre too.

Last edited:

Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
For example here.

Not entirely sure about that, don't think it's possible? How does everyone else who bought wider rims for their GT did it? I don't think they did. Hence scouting for information here, plenty of people did it for their GT or PP1.

From this article:

I wouldn't be using Cup 2 tyres but Pilot Sport 4s. So not slicks, just same tyre but wider. Springs and stabilizer bar could be exchanged, but I won't be tracking all that much, maybe once a year. I don't think that the calibration would make a big difference for me and it's made for quite different tyre too.
I understand wider wheels but do you have an HP to start with? If not there is a difference in tire diameter if you switch to HP tires.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There's no HP for non-US cars, hence all the trouble. Didn't think of diameter difference, thought it's close enough when it's used by manufacturer. People will use smaller rims in winter and wider wheels in summer, it must be allowed and working fine without any coding.

According to tyre calculator, the difference in diameter is -4% (703 -> 672 mm) for rear tyre and -3% (687 -> 666 mm) for front tyre. 3% diff is generally recommended to not be exceeded, don't think that 4% diff will matter that much. Speedometer will show +2 km/h than in reality, no big issue for me.

Weird that 315/30 R19 was chosen when 315/35 R19 has identical diameter as 275/40 R19.
This all will depend if I can get the tyres written to technical certificate (and in what specific dimensions)... Gotta ask dealer that, but there's time, so just lurking for info.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
There's no HP for non-US cars, hence all the trouble. Didn't think of diameter difference, thought it's close enough when it's used by manufacturer. People will use smaller rims in winter and wider wheels in summer, it must be allowed and working fine without any coding.

According to tyre calculator, the difference in diameter is -4% (703 -> 672 mm) for rear tyre and -3% (687 -> 666 mm) for front tyre. 3% diff is generally recommended to not be exceeded, don't think that 4% diff will matter that much. Speedometer will show +2 km/h than in reality, no big issue for me.

Weird that 315/30 R19 was chosen when 315/35 R19 has identical diameter as 275/40 R19.
This all will depend if I can get the tyres written to technical certificate (and in what specific dimensions)... Gotta ask dealer that, but there's time, so just lurking for info.
I was looking for 315/35x19 and nothing found.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, haha, that's probably the reason, nothing exists in that size. But it would be perfect fit.

Anyway, I sent email to the dealer/tuner division, about legal side of things, maybe he'll provide some more insight, probably not the first time they did it for Mustang (PP2/GT350 wasn't sold here) so should have feedback of users too.

If I could choose, I'd go for 295/30 R19 front and 325/30 R19 rear, that gives slightly lower diameter difference in the rear, exactly 1 inch (-3,5%).

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
Has anyone figured how to buy the HP rims/wheels separately? I'd love to get them for my GT PP1.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyway, I sent email to the dealer/tuner division, about legal side of things, maybe he'll provide some more insight, probably not the first time they did it for Mustang (PP2/GT350 wasn't sold here) so should have feedback of users too.

If I could choose, I'd go for 295/30 R19 front and 325/30 R19 rear, that gives slightly lower diameter difference in the rear, exactly 1 inch (-3,5%).
No feedback yet, sent second email today. But I doubt it'll be possible to have it legal here (especially in sizes with smallest diameter error - which is still 3-3.5%).

I think I'll just stick to 9.5/10" and get second set of wheels for winter (Ford Performance Y spokes = the same look just in matte black). I checked and it should be possible to have Ronal 9.5" wheels written to car certificate that would allow me to use 265/35 R19 in the front and 285/35 R19 in the rear, both made in PS4s and with 2.6% and 2.9% diameter error (lowers the car a bit and makes the arch more full). That'd do for me for when the original summer tyres need replacing. Path of least resistance as I call it 😁

OP
OP
Slywilliez

Slywilliez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Has anyone figured how to buy the HP rims/wheels separately? I'd love to get them for my GT PP1.
I checked the price of the HP Mach 1 wheels and the fronts were around 860 and Rears were 880 each. Pricey $$$

Jackyboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt, 2014 focus se
I checked the price of the HP Mach 1 wheels and the fronts were around 860 and Rears were 880 each. Pricey $$$
where did you find pricing on these? can they be ordered for a non Mach 1 owner?
Sponsored