Slywilliez

Slywilliez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I got this prices from Fairway Ford in Boardman Ohio. They just need a vin from a Mach 1 with the handling package.
Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I have the Non-HP Mach1 with the optional wheels. I know that I will need to get another set for the colder weather (located in NYC). What wheels and tires make sense and what is the spacer talk and changing the wheel size mean to me and the car (warrantee and accurate odometer reading)?

I have been looking at Velgen Wheels and their VRF5 wheels in Gloss Black 20x10 and 20x11 (size ?). If they make sense, then what tires to go for?

Thanks.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
I have the Non-HP Mach1 with the optional wheels. I know that I will need to get another set for the colder weather (located in NYC). What wheels and tires make sense and what is the spacer talk and changing the wheel size mean to me and the car (warrantee and accurate odometer reading)?

I have been looking at Velgen Wheels and their VRF5 wheels in Gloss Black 20x10 and 20x11 (size ?). If they make sense, then what tires to go for?

Thanks.
I think I'm going with wheels and tires from Tirerack, American Racing AR927, 9x19 and 10x19 with Michelin or Pirelli all season. Lots of other tire choices.
To run 20" you will need lower profile than 40 and I dont think you would want that with the wonderful NYC roads.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'

Thanks.
I wouldn’t go 20” diameter or that wide for winter wheels.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I wouldn’t go 20” diameter or that wide for winter wheels.
Okay. I will tell you that I won't be taking my beast on the road when there is snow or slush and will use Uber. Between slippage and salt, it just isn't going to happen for me. What do you think about VELGEN wheels though?

Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Okay. I will tell you that I won't be taking my beast on the road when there is snow or slush and will use Uber. Between slippage and salt, it just isn't going to happen for me. What do you think about VELGEN wheels though?
It's a question of how are you going to stay within 3% of your original rear tire diameter if you go with 20"?
Use this calculator.
https://tiresize.com/comparison/

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Also, if you get other wheels you have to consider the TPMS for them. I think this is the part you need too.

tirePressure.jpg

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never had them but they seem to be popular. I wonder if you could get another set of the wheels you have now that someone doesn’t want. I think your current wheels just fit the car so nice. You could have a set with summer tires and one with all seasons or more winter oriented tires and be covered all year.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Never had them but they seem to be popular. I wonder if you could get another set of the wheels you have now that someone doesn’t want. I think your current wheels just fit the car so nice. You could have a set with summer tires and one with all seasons or more winter oriented tires and be covered all year.
The wheels I have now are the optional wheels and I can’t imagine someone paying extra for them and then not wanting them. But, you never know.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The wheels I have now are the optional wheels and I can’t imagine someone paying extra for them and then not wanting them. But, you never know.
There will be take off sets available soon enough :like: Hell there are Shelby carbon fiber wheels that come up for sale!

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Last edited:

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
It's your car, you pick what you like, my opinion is not important. Though those Velgens look nice. But like was said, 20" is not good for winter, but you can swap current wheels for winter and use 20" in summer (I'll do that myself).

I can't advise all season tyres, never used them and never will. My winter tyres will be Michelin Pilot Alpin 4.
Sponsored