Sponsored

Wireless Apple CarPlay

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
I tried again and not able to connect. Don t buy it. I plug my phone in the usb now and it s a pleasure to use. No more delays or shattered voice or screen navigation all stuck somewhere.
I use Deezer HIFI for my music the files are bigger than mp3 due to less compression. May be it doesn t help the dongle.
Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Same issue for me just after the update of my iphone. I manage to connect but not often
Sounds like the latest iOS update broke it. Hopefully new firmware will be available for the wireless device asap.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like the latest iOS update broke it. Hopefully new firmware will be available for the wireless device asap.
Yes they told me that they will send an email when it will be available. But they are very slow in my opinion

eddison

Sent mine back to (hopefully) receive a refund. I was never able to get it to work at all. I’ve been exchanging emails with “Julie” from their support for about a month, and they just kept asking for silly information or to repeat steps I already told them I did to string me along/avoid providing real troubleshooting.

I’m out at least $18 for return shipping, fingers crossed I actually get the refund. Would not recommend this until either the price point goes below $100, or the company actually hires more than one developer so that the firmware actually works.

Sponsored

CarbonzillaUS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
I was told in an IM that I have to check this post out because “it doesn’t work”, but I guess mine does. I bought it six months ago, was notified about one update which I did as soon as I got into the car and it has worked great. No issues to report with mine with Sync 3 or my other vehicles with the Pioneer and OEM head unit systems. I’m wondering if some of these were Beta units?

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was told in an IM that I have to check this post out because “it doesn’t work”, but I guess mine does. I bought it six months ago, was notified about one update which I did as soon as I got into the car and it has worked great. No issues to report with mine with Sync 3 or my other vehicles with the Pioneer and OEM head unit systems. I’m wondering if some of these were Beta units?
I have never received an email about an update. But few days ago after let it off for few month i have decided to check if they did an update, since the last iOS update killed it. And i must admit most of the bugs are set now. Sometimes when i listen music on line and use waze the internal memory seems to suffer a littIe because there is some cut in the sound. I use iphone 11 pro max

CarbonzillaUS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
I have never received an email about an update. But few days ago after let it off for few month i have decided to check if they did an update, since the last iOS update killed it. And i must admit most of the bugs are set now. Sometimes when i listen music on line and use waze the internal memory seems to suffer a littIe because there is some cut in the sound. I use iphone 11 pro max
I use the Tidal app most of the time linked through the Waze IOS app, and Tidal uses a larger streaming file size and I haven’t had any issues. I don’t know if it is related to the carrier/phone, but using the iPhone 11 Max Pro on Verizon everything has been fine.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use deezer HD that use low compression so more data per song. But it could be the network when i drive in the midlle of nowhere . The main issue that stay if sometimes i leave the car and let the contac ON and the phone is with me, the sync screen keep on searching when i come Back. I have found that turning off the radio with the power button and turning it on go back to normal

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just thought I would update this thread with my experiences.

I've just bought a second hand one of these, updated its software, deleted the old user and in my (reasonably short) experience, it just works :like:

It's probably done about 30 connections to the car, each one has been glitch free , touch wood ... lol

My car is on Sync 3.4 build 20282.
My phone is an iPhone X.
My iOS is 14.3 (when I update to 14.4 I will report back if I get any problems).

I found a little right angle USB adaptor (Amazon) which allowed me to install it neatly with a bit of 3M VHB (a GoPro mount lol) tucked away under the edge of the centre console storage bin :

26484-B3-C-156-E-416-D-80-D7-228-C35-BCB6-AF.jpg

90-E5-C0-F2-765-B-4937-B7-D6-5870885-CA8-FA.jpg

FDCDB82-B-D753-425-B-85-B4-DDF74-A365395.jpg

WD :like:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

I've just bought a second hand one of these, updated its software, deleted the old user and in my (reasonably short) experience, it just works :like:

It's probably done about 30 connections to the car, each one has been glitch free , touch wood ... lol

My phone is an iPhone X.
My iOS is 14.3 (when I update to 14.4 I will report back if I get any problems).

I found a little right angle USB adaptor (Amazon) which allowed me to install it neatly with a bit of 3M VHB (a GoPro mount lol) tucked away under the edge of the centre console storage bin :

Thanks for the update WD. Really nice clean installation. Glad to see it's working for you.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the update WD. Really nice clean installation. Glad to see it's working for you.
Thanks - I'm keeping my fingers crossed ... lol

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase

My phone is an iPhone X.

they make even smaller versions of that L adapter, I use one for my iPod in past. it was basically flush with the plastic. found it on amazon.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
they make even smaller versions of that L adapter, I use one for my iPod in past. it was basically flush with the plastic. found it on amazon.
Thank you - when I spot a neater one I will pick one up :like: