Sponsored

Wireless Apple CarPlay

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Still have not received mine, and have inquired to the vendor several times asking if they would issue a refund or send a new unit, and keep getting the run around (give it a few more days, checking with their “shipper”, etc). I finally had to dispute the charge with my credit card company. Although it seems like they are fixing the early firmware issues, I can’t recommend buying from the vendor based on my experience.
How long ago did you order?
Sponsored

eddison

How long ago did you order?
About 40 days. It was a bad time to order because of the Holidays, but the shipping has not updated to reflect that it's even left China. I know shippments from there take a while; I've ordered several things myself over the years, but I would think it would have either come by now, or shipping would update to reflect that it at least made it to the US.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
So, for the people that have them, is it even worth it?

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe if you are a very patient person. Otherwise, no, it is way overpriced for what it is and its querks. If it was $50, I would tell you to go for it.

Michelle5150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB Premium w/Pony Pkg.
IMHO, It depends on if you or someone in your household is good with finicky tech. If not, I would probably say pass. It was quirky to get working initially (see my earlier posts), though I’ve been mostly happy with it. Once in a while it just doesn’t want to engage like it should and freaks out a little, but a quick unplug and plug back in has usually fixed it.

Sponsored

eddison

Mine finally showed up today. I updated via USB as instructed in the email from support as well as this thread, plugged it in and connected to the WiFi, and when navigating to 192.168.50.2 all I get is a “Product is not activated(20).” error.

Sent a message into support, hopefully they get back to me in a reasonable amount of time.

I’m in IT and can’t believe the hoops everyone is having to jump through to get these to work - fingers crossed it works well after I finally do get it working.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Mine finally showed up today. I updated via USB as instructed in the email from support as well as this thread, plugged it in and connected to the WiFi, and when navigating to 192.168.50.2 all I get is a “Product is not activated(20).” error.

Sent a message into support, hopefully they get back to me in a reasonable amount of time.

I’m in IT and can’t believe the hoops everyone is having to jump through to get these to work - fingers crossed it works well after I finally do get it working.
Seems like a lot of balogna for something you all pay good money for.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
Few weeks if use and in my opinion it s an unfinished beta product that user are beta tester but that need to buy the dong instead of having it for free.
It s slow , sometimes lag a lot, or cut siri voice.
I have iphone 11 max pro up to date. I can t imagine what it could be on a slower device.
With the cable everything is fine

Stang72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fastback GT Premium PP1
Received mine over the weekend. The installation instructions are poor, as I don't think the language conversion was done well. But I was able to plug it in to the port and get it connected. Took several times and I did need to access the update online with my phone. After just a few days it appears to be working well so far. Takes about 5-10 seconds to pair once the car is started. I have been using waze maps as well as answering calls without any delay. Will update if i encounter any problems.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Received mine over the weekend. The installation instructions are poor, as I don't think the language conversion was done well. But I was able to plug it in to the port and get it connected. Took several times and I did need to access the update online with my phone. After just a few days it appears to be working well so far. Takes about 5-10 seconds to pair once the car is started. I have been using waze maps as well as answering calls without any delay. Will update if i encounter any problems.
Can you hear waze voice without listening any music apps ? For example when listening fm radio

Sponsored

Stang72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you hear waze voice without listening any music apps ? For example when listening fm radio
Have not tried. I typically have waze muted, so have just been listening to fm radio while using it. Will give it a try to see how it works though.

Stang72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After working for a few days, the device quit connecting. I tried for a week to get it working, but nothing they suggested via email support worked. Not sure if an apple update affected the connection. So, unfortunately i had to return it in order to receive the refund within 30 days. Since it had to go back to China, cost me $28 to ship, plus their $25 restocking fee. For now, I would advise taking a pass on this until the system is improved, and a domestic product is available.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
After working for a few days, the device quit connecting. I tried for a week to get it working, but nothing they suggested via email support worked. Not sure if an apple update affected the connection. So, unfortunately i had to return it in order to receive the refund within 30 days. Since it had to go back to China, cost me $28 to ship, plus their $25 restocking fee. For now, I would advise taking a pass on this until the system is improved, and a domestic product is available.
Thank you for the update. I’ve decided to pass for now.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same issue for me just after the update of my iphone. I manage to connect but not often

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my update.... Similar to the above. The unit works and connects about 3 out 5 times the car/truck is turned on. I have transitioned it to my 2020 F350 SD since it has a wireless charge pad builtin. Most of the time it does not work, it is because the bluetooth will not auto-connect to initiate the WiFi connection. I have to keep unplugging/plugging the dongle or manually make the bluetooth connection. If it does connect and work, I will half the time get jittery audio but that will work itself out when I am on a long drive.

I too reached out to return the unit and was told I had to pay for shipping and a re-stocking fee even though I wanted to return because it did not work reliably! Because I envisioned an issue getting the rest of the $$ refunded, I did not do that. I kept my fraud case open with American Express. My claim was the product did not work as advertised. I made that claim in December with an estimated resolution date of Feb 9. Well AmEx got back to me yesterday that they were closing my case and refunding me the full amount paid; charging back against the vendor. The vendor never responded to AmEx's inquiry. AmEx said they were billing through the UK in some shady situation so they were going to block future use of there cards with this vendor.

So now I have the dongle and did not pay for it! Serves those fools right!
Sponsored