Sponsored

Wireless Apple CarPlay

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I tried the CarPlay 2 Air and could not get it to work at all even after trying all the things their support suggested. For me a total POS especially as they confirmed it was not a problem on my end but I still had to pay for international shipping to return it. Highly deceptive too since they show a domestic mailing address on the website. The Carlinkit 2.0 seems promising.
Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I tried the CarPlay 2 Air and could not get it to work at all even after trying all the things their support suggested. For me a total POS especially as they confirmed it was not a problem on my end but I still had to pay for international shipping to return it. Highly deceptive too since they show a domestic mailing address on the website. The Carlinkit 2.0 seems promising.
just so you know, both modules are base of the same software. I got my carplay2air and it works flawlessly even when streaming YouTube videos. Maybe you just got a bad unit but that’s weird they made you pay you should have asked for them to send a new one

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
That thing work using Siri or just music ?

I find Siri does a better job for set up & navigation ?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
That thing work using Siri or just music ?

I find Siri does a better job for set up & navigation ?
It works with everything. Tonight I will record a video and post it on here
Yeah I have had no issues since me posting my experience / video further up this thread (starting 4th of Feb), it hasn't glitched once.

In fact I left my phone at home on charge the other day and really missed the connectivity - mostly for the Waze and physical screen appearance that I have become accustomed too :like:

WD :like:

Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I have had no issues since me posting my experience / video further up this thread (starting 4th of Feb), it hasn't glitched once.

In fact I left my phone at home on charge the other day and really missed the connectivity - mostly for the Waze and physical screen appearance that I have become accustomed too :like:

I borrowed your set up, thanks. You will see my video tonight.

But my start button is on the right side lol j/k

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
just so you know, both modules are base of the same software. I got my carplay2air and it works flawlessly even when streaming YouTube videos. Maybe you just got a bad unit but that’s weird they made you pay you should have asked for them to send a new one
Nothing weird about it really. Just the fact that they use a domestic address on their site but have to receive returns to Asia before doing the refund. A reputable company would have either offered a replacement unit sent a prepaid shipping label. That is just my opinion but I have gotten much better customer service from many other companies and some of those are in China. It’s fine though if others such as yourself are having success with the unit that’s great, simply no endorsement from me.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Nothing weird about it really. Just the fact that they use a domestic address on their site but have to receive returns to Asia before doing the refund. A reputable company would have either offered a replacement unit sent a prepaid shipping label. That is just my opinion but I have gotten much better customer service from many other companies and some of those are in China. It’s fine though if others such as yourself are having success with the unit that’s great, simply no endorsement from me.
Not offering a replacement and asking you to pay international shipping was a shitty move on their side. Hopefully you will have better luck with the new unit from Carlinkit

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Nice setup - and thanks for the mention lol :like:

Did you know you can customise the backgrounds a little with CarPlay ?

Yeah that would be interesting to know :like:

I know I just never have time as when I get in I just want to drive, lol

Its called Carbridge, need to jailbreak your iphone.

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
My Audi having wireless CarPlay changed the game for me. Ordered one of Amazon this morning. Just in case it’s crap I can return it no problems but fingers crossed it works out and I don’t get a junk one.

Calipony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
For those interested in wireless CarPlay here is some very interesting information posted by Motodad.

I just ordered this device over the weekend to get the mustang to support wireless carplay.

https://carplay2air.com

Simple concept. The black box has the Bluetooth/Wifi for the connection to the phone and converts the signal to what the Sync3 wants over the USB. I plan to put it in the center console where my current USB/Lightening cable is plugged in.
Ordering that! 👍🏾
Sponsored