svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
track armour gets a ton more and higher reviews on amazon. are you using it for track days?
Yeah, that's the plan. I noticed the same on Amazon but a little suspicious of their review system. Was hoping for some experienced feedback I know I can trust.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I have only used Trakktape, but I can tell you that it doesn't seem to have a large shelf life. It losses some adhesion quality if not used within a period of time, like 8-12 months.

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone recommend one versus another?
From one Texan to another, here's the poop, pardner. Track tape is cheaper but is time consuming as hell, depending on how crazy you go with it. Also, it looks like shit in the track photos that show your car lapping the field.
I've been using Protect and Peel Temporary Paint Protection for the last 3 years. It goes on in minutes instead of hours, and is almost invisible from about 5 feet away. You simply slop it on at the track before your first session, race all day in the Texas heat, while being bombarded by track debris. It peels right off at the end of the day in just a few minutes. Or leave it on for the drive home and deal with it the next day. Whatever doesn't peel off right away washes off with a little water pressure. It costs more, but time is money. Especially play time.

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I used trakck armour on my last track day... it was OK. It seems to peel off pretty easy, but it is time consuming, and it looks bad like the previous poster said. It's fine by me, I don't do to track days to post photos on Facebook. I do it to enjoy it... It will protect your paint and stripes, if that is what you are after.

Last edited:
OP
OP
svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
From one Texan to another, here's the poop, pardner. Track tape is cheaper but is time consuming as hell, depending on how crazy you go with it. Also, it looks like shit in the track photos that show your car lapping the field.
I've been using Protect and Peel Temporary Paint Protection for the last 3 years. It goes on in minutes instead of hours, and is almost invisible from about 5 feet away. You simply slop it on at the track before your first session, race all day in the Texas heat, while being bombarded by track debris. It peels right off at the end of the day in just a few minutes. Or leave it on for the drive home and deal with it the next day. Whatever doesn't peel off right away washes off with a little water pressure. It costs more, but time is money. Especially play time.
Thanks was not aware of this option. Watched a couple of YouTube reviews and looks perfect. I think its now called Road Armour Plus based on the same video being used to advertise both. Looks like the ticket as long as its not raining on track day. Going to Eagles Canyon Ranch Feb 20, 21st. Will report back on how well this works. I did over $2K of PPF on my 2018 GT350 then traded it in on the GT350R after 1 track day. Really didn't want to spend that much again on the car it was worthless on the trade in value.

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks was not aware of this option. Watched a couple of YouTube reviews and looks perfect. I think its now called Road Armour Plus based on the same video being used to advertise both. Looks like the ticket as long as its not raining on track day. Going to Eagles Canyon Ranch Feb 20, 21st. Will report back on how well this works. I did over $2K of PPF on my 2018 GT350 then traded it in on the GT350R after 1 track day. Really didn't want to spend that much again on the car it was worthless on the trade in value.
I hear you on the PPF. I should probably get it since I beat the shit out of the car. But money is already flying out the window on tires, pads, gas, tracks, insurance, etc. So it seems I never have an extra 15-2K laying around. I haven't been back to Eagles Canyon since they updated the track surface, but I hear good things about it. Feb. 20 is good time to go, the summers up there are a real bitch. You will like how easy the paint prot. is to use. Just be sure to lay it on heavier rather than lighter. The only problem I've seen was on a friends car because he put it on too light and it sort of bonded. It took 6 months before he got it all off.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Any risk of Track Amour hurting (pulling up) PPF if you apply it on top of it?

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I don't have PPF but two friends of mine have used this stuff over their PPF with no noticeable issues. Eventually though, PPF has to be reapplied, just like anything else.
Thanks. PPF on previous GT350 had a 5 year warranty. Current 350 ppf has a 10 year. Never a problem with either, but never put Track Armour on top of it. Considering trying it out.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Any risk of Track Amour hurting (pulling up) PPF if you apply it on top of it?
Nope, did it last 2 track days.. I only cover my front stripes and mirrors as they take the beating, I have 3M film on the bumper otherwise. I applied liberally across the PPF film, came off with no issues.
I removed it at cold, if you warm it up a tad, even easier. Ignore my previous post about trakktape, I have track armour, just checked...

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Here she is with tape on the stripes, you can tell...

Palmer4_10_21_2020.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have only used Trakktape, but I can tell you that it doesn't seem to have a large shelf life. It losses some adhesion quality if not used within a period of time, like 8-12 months.
I've had the same roll for 3 years. No difference for me over time.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
A few months ago I drove my GT500 0ver 2,000 miles and tracked it at Roebling Road down in Georgia. I used Track Armour and while it worked ok (and came off fine) I also used a much better product from 3M. They call it VViViD. Night and day better than Track Armour. Thick, looked clearer, and also came off just fine. It is the only product I'll use next time.

https://vvividshop.com/products/3m-scotchgard-series-paint-protection-film-by-the-foot
Sponsored