Sponsored

Trakktape over stripes?

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Just wondering if it's OK to stick trakktape over the stripes with no issues of the stripes peeling up? Just making sure it's OK. I will be using trakktape for the ride home and until I can get the car to PPF (which will now be longer due to the extended delivery date).
Sponsored

SnakeAndSteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I can comment and say that I removed my stripes and they are adhered pretty darn well. I will say watch the edges because if an edge starts to come undone......you'll have a mess. That being said, I'd try it, just be careful. If the stripes were painted and buried under clearcoat, as they should be, we wouldn't be having this conversation and that's why I ended up removing mine.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Did it for a day and no issues. I used matte clear film on them afterward and the installer said it should not be an issue either.

CasualGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE & 2013 Focus ST
Shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve used Track Wrap over my stripes twice and didn’t have any issues.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Not an issue at all. To be safe, cut the TrakkTape when you install it so that you can remove it from the center of the stripe to the edge. In other words, don’t put a section of TrakkTape over BOTH edges of a single stripe. I put mine on in three sections per row: One section from the fender to the middle of the left stripe, one section from the center of the left stripe to the center of the right stripe, and one section from the center of the right stripe to the opposite fender.
Sponsored