Oil cooler kit

Jon17Gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0 gt
Does anybody know if there is an oil cooler kit that uses the Mocal plate off the oil pump mounting instead of the sandwich plate that Mishimoto do. The only ones i can see will only be fitted by themselves like Modurstang but i live too far away and i'm going to be doing several other jobs while i've got the front end apart so really need a kit..or order parts seperately?
Sponsored

Guy@NemesisUK

Threads
Reaction score
Website
nemesisuk.com
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
Project NemStang / Modified UK S550 Mustang GT
Hi Jon, Where abouts are you based? This is the Oil Cooler Kit we developed. We unfortunately don't have it as a direct fit kit as involved assembly is required currently. With the cutting of hose and attaching AN Fittings as well as mounting of the cooler core brackets themselves. So, recommend professional installation. We supply quite a few Mustang Garages across the country where this kit can be fitted. Or if you are understanding of this please feel free to give us a call.

Price of the kit it's self with our plate, Setrab Cooler Core & Fittings with Aeroquip Startlite Hose = ÂŁ630 Inc VAT & UK Delivery.

Cheers

Guy

OP
OP
Jon17Gt

Jon17Gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0 gt
Thank you Guy for your reply, much appreciated. I will have think about that and be in touch.

Deej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi Guy, have you supplied any kits to any garages in the North East? Would be nice to have a local place do it if there's somewhere decent that's fitted then before. Cheers

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Are there any Mishimoto oil cooler kits available in the UK, I've been waiting on mine to come into stock with Mishimoto since the end of August ?

Sponsored

Guy@NemesisUK

Threads
Reaction score
Website
nemesisuk.com
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
Hi Guy, have you supplied any kits to any garages in the North East? Would be nice to have a local place do it if there's somewhere decent that's fitted then before. Cheers
Hi Deej,

To be honest we don't really have any one in the Newcastle area.

Motorsport and Performance in Batley Leeds is our Nearest Recommend Mustang Garage but still possibly an hour two away from you?

Another garage we have recently been supplying parts to is:

https://www.btgperformance.co.uk/

If this would be more convenient we could speak with them.

Guy@NemesisUK

Threads
Reaction score
Website
nemesisuk.com
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
Are there any Mishimoto oil cooler kits available in the UK, I've been waiting on mine to come into stock with Mishimoto since the end of August ?
Hi Graham,

Who was the Mishimoto kit ordered through? I believe Mishimoto Direct are out of stock themselves but might be able to get hold of one for you from another UK distributor that has stock.

Were you planning on doing the install yourself or at which garage?

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Graham,

Who was the Mishimoto kit ordered through? I believe Mishimoto Direct are out of stock themselves but might be able to get hold of one for you from another UK distributor that has stock.

Were you planning on doing the install yourself or at which garage?
It was ordered directly from Mishimoto UK. JW Racing told me last week they probably could get hold of one but I'm waiting with Mishimoto as I got the cooler, plate and delivery for ÂŁ505 in their summer sale.

I was planning on assessing the install once it turned up, with working from home it's free'd up time and the car.

Guy@NemesisUK

Threads
Reaction score
Website
nemesisuk.com
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
It was ordered directly from Mishimoto UK. JW Racing told me last week they probably could get hold of one but I'm waiting with Mishimoto as I got the cooler, plate and delivery for ÂŁ505 in their summer sale.

I was planning on assessing the install once it turned up, with working from home it's free'd up time and the car.
Ah okay that's fair enough and a good deal to hold onto if you are prepared to wait. I'm however not aware of any date when they are expected to come back into stock with Mishimoto UK. Sorry So would chase them up every other week or two.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ah okay that's fair enough and a good deal to hold onto if you are prepared to wait. I'm however not aware of any date when they are expected to come back into stock with Mishimoto UK. Sorry So would chase them up every other week or two.
Mishimoto have now said mid February, however they have been extending this date by a few weeks every time, so who knows 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I can recommend the nemesis kit from Guy. I had mine done this summer at gt101 and it’s been perfect ever since. Good quality parts and it removes the troublesome cooler entirely unlike the pure mishimoto solution.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I can recommend the nemesis kit from Guy. I had mine done this summer at gt101 and it’s been perfect ever since. Good quality parts and it removes the troublesome cooler entirely unlike the pure mishimoto solution.
Please tell.. what is the difference between the "Nemesis kit" and the "Pure Mishimoto kit"?

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The (pure) mishimoto kit operates using a sandwich plate between oil filter and oil filter mount to take the oil off to the air/oil cooler. It leaves the water/oil cooler in place and act essentially as a supplementary cooler. This is because it was designed for Lhd cars without our dodgy cooler, so only had to provide additional cooling not remove a bad stock part.
I have seen a U.K. vendor (can’t remember who) produce a blanking plate and pipework that works with the mishimoto cooler (or any other sandwich plate cooler) to remove our bad RHD stock cooler. (Ie not pure but mishimoto + other vendor parts)
The nemesis cooler doesn’t put a sandwich player between oil filter and mount. Hence leaves the already tight stock room for filter changes. They replace the bad cooler matrix with a thermostatic plate that takes off oil and pipes it up to the new radiator. It’s a more elegant solution to the problem.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't realise it left the dodgy oil cooler in place, I might not even have room for the plate as I use the bigger FL820 oil filters
Sponsored