Stock PZeros - How long do they last?

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I just picked up a set of California Special 19s with the stock PZeroes on them (basically 0 miles). I've had these tires in the past and know they're basically garbage. That being said, I don't want to waste a new set of tires by throwing them away.

Any idea how many miles before these things wear out and I can replace them?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
absolutely depends on how you drive and in what conditions
avg about 10-12K

OP
OP

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
absolutely depends on how you drive and in what conditions
avg about 10-12K
Of course - I just wanted to get a ballpark. I can survive for 10k miles.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Mine lasted 800 miles. Sold them for a better set.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If they’re a handful of years old (and hardened from age and exposure), they’ll grip worse and wear more slowly. When new I got 12k out of them.

what are the date codes on them?

Sponsored

OP
OP

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Date codes are fairly recent - I think mid 2019 IIRC? They came off a 2020 GT/CS that's been sitting in a garage since June, so there's really zero wear on these.

I'd sell them if I could, but idk who would want semi-used tires in this size...

sfs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Date codes are fairly recent - I think mid 2019 IIRC? They came off a 2020 GT/CS that's been sitting in a garage since June, so there's really zero wear on these.

I'd sell them if I could, but idk who would want semi-used tires in this size...
If there is no visible cracking of rubber on any tire and a manufacture date of 2019, they should last at least a year..again it depends on how you drive and if you burn out daily.

OP
OP

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
If there is no visible cracking of rubber on any tire and a manufacture date of 2019, they should last at least a year..again it depends on how you drive and if you burn out daily.
They look mint visually, no issues there. I drive like a normal person, no burnouts haha. I do put a good amount of miles on, even with WFH (5k since the beginning of August when I bought the car), so I'm hoping by next year I can get some good rubber.

1TUFF_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JESSE
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP. 2001 Mustang GT Cam’d & Vortech’d
Mine lasted 8k of daily driving, no burnouts or anything like that. Only time i was happy with that tire was in 80+ degree weather when they would make taking turns a bit more fun. Now i have firehawk 500s and coudlnt be happier! Way better tire all around!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You said the tires came off a GT/CS. If that’s case you have all seasons and not summer rubber. The A/S can last a lot longer than the summers. Might want to start doing a lot of burnouts.

Sponsored
OP
OP

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
You said the tires came off a GT/CS. If that’s case you have all seasons and not summer rubber. The A/S can last a lot longer than the summers. Might want to start doing a lot of burnouts.
They're definitely all seasons. I was hoping the power would wear them out naturally, but I guess not haha. Maybe I'll just try and offload them.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
They're definitely all seasons. I was hoping the power would wear them out naturally, but I guess not haha. Maybe I'll just try and offload them.
I have these on my C/S. Are they as good as the Michelin AS3+’s I had on my last Mustang. Hell no, but they are not garbage and quite decent unless you are pushing them at 8/10ths or more. I’ll replace mine when needed.

OP
OP

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have these on my C/S. Are they as good as the Michelin AS3+’s I had on my last Mustang. Hell no, but they are not garbage and quite decent unless you are pushing them at 8/10ths or more. I’ll replace mine when needed.
That's most likely what I'll do, but to be fair I'm very familiar with these tires. My old VW GTIs used the same thing stock (albeit 225/40/18s). In warm weather they're fine, but up here in the Northeast they're pretty useless under 40 degrees. I get wheelspin coming out of my neighborhood with minimal throttle in first gear (we're talking 1500 RPM) when it's cold. They have zero grip in any kind of inclement weather (I once slid up a curb taking a left hand turn at 10-15mph in less than an inch of snow). I refer to these as hockey pucks 6 months out of the year, so for now my solution will be to not drive the car in any kind of precipitation until it gets warmer.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
That's most likely what I'll do, but to be fair I'm very familiar with these tires. My old VW GTIs used the same thing stock (albeit 225/40/18s). In warm weather they're fine
They were barely tolerable on the GTI. I had new tires within 1000 miles.
Why are you jeopardizing your car's integrity, risking a collision and insurance claim, and your safety by persisting in using junk tires? Take a claw hammer and destroy the sidewalls. And go buy some passable tires.

Around here there are a hundred 'we buy used tires' storefronts.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
That's most likely what I'll do, but to be fair I'm very familiar with these tires. My old VW GTIs used the same thing stock (albeit 225/40/18s). In warm weather they're fine, but up here in the Northeast they're pretty useless under 40 degrees. I get wheelspin coming out of my neighborhood with minimal throttle in first gear (we're talking 1500 RPM) when it's cold. They have zero grip in any kind of inclement weather (I once slid up a curb taking a left hand turn at 10-15mph in less than an inch of snow). I refer to these as hockey pucks 6 months out of the year, so for now my solution will be to not drive the car in any kind of precipitation until it gets warmer.
Excellent point. I never used these when I lived up North. Under those circumstances I agree with shogun32. Sell them and get some Michelin’s or Conti’s.
Sponsored