OP

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Good for you. Just wondering why Conti's instead of the Michelin's. Not judging as they are both excellent.
Fair question. I’d had the Conti’s on previous cars and liked them, but I also read some tests that showed they were a bit better in inclement weather.
Sponsored

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang(race red) 2019 Honda CR-V VTI AWD.
Good for you. Just wondering why Conti's instead of the Michelin's. Not judging as they are both excellent.
Michelin PS4s are the standout with the two brands.Have had a few sets of Continentals on other vehicles,just great tyres.But in saying that,replaced a set of Continental sports contact 5 on the wife’s vehicle,replaced with the PS4,so much better,you could feel the difference between the two.The Michelin was not as harsh in its riding characteristics.

OP
OP

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Michelin PS4s are the standout with the two brands.Have had a few sets of Continentals on other vehicles,just great tyres.But in saying that,replaced a set of Continental sports contact 5 on the wife’s vehicle,replaced with the PS4,so much better,you could feel the difference between the two.The Michelin was not as harsh in its riding characteristics.
To be fair though, the PS4s are summers - I run all-seasons. At $245 for the Michelins vs. $193 (a tire) for the Contis, I didn't really think it was worth the extra dough.

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang(race red) 2019 Honda CR-V VTI AWD.
To be fair though, the PS4s are summers - I run all-seasons. At $245 for the Michelins vs. $193 (a tire) for the Contis, I didn't really think it was worth the extra dough.
We don’t have ‘summer’ tyres over here.Really don’t have the weather conditions you guys have.I have a set of PS4s on order,all up $1,760(including W/A.)

OP
OP

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
We don’t have ‘summer’ tyres over here.Really don’t have the weather conditions you guys have.I have a set of PS4s on order,all up $1,760(including W/A.)
Yup, weather like that, I'd run the PS4S's all year round.
So would I!

Where I live, there's rain, snow, sleet, you name it. Having a tire that can handle the wet stuff is a must.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
That's why I have two sets, winter and summer.
That's what I've done for my cars in the past. However, I'm now lacking a garage where I can store a second set of wheels/tires, so finding a good set of all seasons is currently my only option.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
When I bought my GT one set lasted about 2 days and the other about 10 days. At the local classified ads site that is.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
How long do they last? Not long because when folks realize how shitty those tires are, they replace them quickly!!!!

OP
OP

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
My set will be going up for sale tomorrow. I have an appointment to get the Contis installed in the AM

Shawn2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 401A Auto
I had the PZero All Seasons that came on the car. Never did burnouts. Never raced. They slid on snow like it was melted butter. At 34,000 miles, ALL 4 tires had gone thru 2 metal belts. They looked great from the side so I didn't notice.
Pieces of SHIT. I get snow, so got Blizzaks and love them.

Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
The rears about 15,000 mi..fronts looking like maybe gonna get close to 30,000..been great tires..would like to find em cheap but just cant seem to find where all these people toss em aside..

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I had the PZero All Seasons that came on the car. Never did burnouts. Never raced. They slid on snow like it was melted butter. At 34,000 miles, ALL 4 tires had gone thru 2 metal belts. They looked great from the side so I didn't notice.
Pieces of SHIT. I get snow, so got Blizzaks and love them.
OK, this is a prime example of a "troll" post. If in 34k miles you never looked at your tires, please sell your Mustang ASAP. You might also want to turn in your drivers license.

AceS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Stock Pzero’s, how long do they last?
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The stock Pzero’s have the tread wear of a performance tire with none of the actual traction performance.

On my 2017 GT I got around 9k miles before they needed to be replaced. To be fair the sizes used are inadequate to support the weight of the car to begin with.

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
I put 22k on my stock 18's. They looked like they had about half the tread life left in them when I pulled them off.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The stock Pzero’s have the tread wear of a performance tire with none of the actual traction performance.
OP has all seasons not summers. Big difference.

To be fair the sizes used are inadequate to support the weight of the car to begin with.
Can you please post the documentation where you read this?
Sponsored