Sponsored

Tires, how long should they last?

1stmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang fastback
I have a 2015 v6 mustang, I do like to accelerate but being a v6 it's not like I'm doing burn outs. I got a pair of tires that were supposed to be rated for 50,000 miles but after maybe 10,000 they are at the point of needing to be replaced. I have no doubt my driving habits will not allow them to last for 50,000 but I'm wondering if accelerating quickly with a v6 would allow me to take 50,000 mile tires down to 10,000. My first set of tires that came with the car only lasted for 10,000 and I'm pretty sure the new tires I purchased are rated for more than the ones that came with the car. Is it possible that the tires I bought from the shop are being shaved down or something to get me to buy tires way more frequently? I kind of wish tires came with those nubs on them so you know they are new and not messed with.
Sponsored

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
Could be another issue if your tires are wearing quick- alignment/camber/control arm etc... but i doubt any tire is gonna be great up to 50k miles anyways... my pzeros are garbage after 10k miles

OP
OP

1stmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang fastback
Could be another issue if your tires are wearing quick- alignment/camber/control arm etc... but i doubt any tire is gonna be great up to 50k miles anyways... my pzeros are garbage after 10k miles
Garbage as in almost completely worn down and need to be replaced or garbage as you notice the traction isn't as good? Lik do you know what number you were down to?

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
...Is it possible that the tires I bought from the shop are being shaved down or something to get me to buy tires way more frequently?.....
Oh my god, where do these conspiracy theories come from? No, it is not possible that your tires are shaved.

It is possible, however, that you're nephew/son/roommate stole your tires and fitted his old crap ones. Seen that done before.

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I got a pair of tires that were supposed to be rated for 50,000 miles but after maybe 10,000 they are at the point of needing to be replaced.
Are you referring to the OEM tires? Or did you replace them? If so, what did you replace them with?

Wait....pair? As in, just the rears?

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
Garbage as in almost completely worn down and need to be replaced or garbage as you notice the traction isn't as good? Lik do you know what number you were down to?
I still have a decent amount of tread (cant remember Measurement but just had them swapped from my sottozero 3s )but i really dont trust the tires, have had a few scares with them where I was not even really pushing it.

I do give a big thumbs up for the Sottozeros though!

sed6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Take your car back to the shop you bought them from and ask for a warranty replacement. If you only got 10k outta a 50k tire they should replace them and charge you only 20% of their new price, plus install and balance.

Last edited:

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Take your car back to the shop you bought them from and ask for a warranty replacement. If you only got 10k outta a 50k tire they should replace them and charge you only 20% of their new price, plus install and balance.
I think given what the OP stated that this is the only acceptable way forward.
Sponsored