Sponsored

How long do your 19" rear tires last?

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
i drive very very aggressively and still have good tread left at 8k miles. how are people wearing them out so quick? Im in florida in the heat as well. spin tires daily too, i don't understand how mine are holding up so much better
Sponsored

tcador

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '15 GT PP
i drive very very aggressively and still have good tread left at 8k miles. how are people wearing them out so quick? Im in florida in the heat as well. spin tires daily too, i don't understand how mine are holding up so much better
Same here. While slippery I feel like I still have a good 5k left (right at 8k at the moment). Still not great!

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Same here. While slippery I feel like I still have a good 5k left (right at 8k at the moment). Still not great!
6/32 at 3500 miles. That was street driving and no burnouts. The fronts are much better. At that pace I figured maybe 8K.

Now they won't last much longer as I have two track events scheduled in 3 weeks. After the first 2 day track event 7 20 min sessions as a beginner I'm at 5/32. I expect maybe 1 more event and and about another 1000 miles before they're replaced.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Big difference between the A/S PZero Nero and the Summer PZero.

My rears were toast at 7k (2 track days, some autox). The fronts still had 40% left in them.

Sponsored

Gen6GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Dealer suggested that I change mine at 12k, but pushed it to 15k before I ran a flat on one of them on a Sunday late afternoon and had to hunt down new ones anywhere I can...and settled with Saffiro Tires. I like to power slide out of my work parking lot after a long days work (which happens often), and soon realized that the stock P-Zero loses grip a whole lot easier than the cheap-o $150 a tire. So question remains: P-Zero really under-performs and over priced? Or Saffiro Tires a great value?

rabbit_eater

This place makes me itch.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow '15 GT PP
Dealer suggested that I change mine at 12k, but pushed it to 15k before I ran a flat on one of them on a Sunday late afternoon and had to hunt down new ones anywhere I can...and settled with Saffiro Tires. I like to power slide out of my work parking lot after a long days work (which happens often), and soon realized that the stock P-Zero loses grip a whole lot easier than the cheap-o $150 a tire. So question remains: P-Zero really under-performs and over priced? Or Saffiro Tires a great value?
Nearly 10k here on my PP and my tires were done at 7. Just wating on some gr's to get new tires on. P-zeros are grossly undermatched to this car, especially in the cold. I live in CA and the winter destroyed my Pirellis.
Sponsored