Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
Hi Guys,

We have a few of these in stock now and more on the way. It seems FP has finally caught up with all backorders.

Also for those that did purchase from us and need the revised fitting please send me a PM and we will get one sent.

Thanks,
- Benny

bigmac5166

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
Installed last night and went for a quick drive. Install took me about three hours, and that included having to go corral my kiddo multiple times. Wasn't really hard at all to install as others have mentioned if you opt to do it yourself.

Getting it out on the road the first time I can say I do feel a difference. I have a base 6spd and I was always disappointed in that it never felt like I had the power I was supposed to have. I added Sync 3 and drive modes over the summer and that helped, but after the addition of this kit, "normal" mode just feels like it should have been that way from the factory. Significantly better throttle response, and just generally feels like a 450+hp car should. Moving into Sport+, where I have spent much of my time since the Sync 3 swap, feels even better. I want to be clear this isn't a "Holy #$%^, this is a whole new beast!" type of change, but in general just feels better and how I was always expecting the car to drive from the beginning. All in all I think it is a good kit if you want a nice noticeable change in drivability, but could really care less about racing or what not.

IMG_2436.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobrakit

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Looks like you got the new fitting and hose. Did the Blue filter come with it?

bigmac5166

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like you got the new fitting and hose. Did the Blue filter come with it?
Yes, mine came with the updated 90 degree connector and hose. The blue filter is the Ford Performance Filter for the GT350 that I had to purchase separately.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^^ Lol that was my first question if the blue filter came with it. Looks good. Yes I agree its not a holy sh$$ tune but just enough for a couple of smiles per gallon while driving each time. The tune makes you want to drive more. Especially for 6sp manual. I also installed 4.09 rear gears recently and seriosuly its freakin awesome now. I was thinking why it doesnt it come from factory like this but EPA mileage etc.. its expensive for rear gear installation if you find someone that would do it, parts labor $1650 depending on location but totally worth it. Have fun!

andrewzander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thought I'd give another update. Took my car on another trip on the weekend. I noticed some hesitation again in normal mode and in sport plus the downshifts started to want to send me into my windshield. Having been through this before I knew resetting the KAM would fix it. I know it takes a few weeks for the tune to adjust, but for me I felt the adaptive part was going in the wrong direction.
I like how we can easily reset it with the Procal without having to disconnect the battery.
I reset the adaptive Kam and my car is snappy again.
If any of you get this tune and feel the shifts arent what you expected or your car doesn't seem to be any faster from stock reset the kam. The instructions say you shouldnt have to reset it, but honestly its a good idea to do it after a tune anyways.
I'm close to pulling the trigger on this kit, but was wondering if the issue described above is recurring or more of a one-off. It seems like you shouldn't need to continuously need to reset the KAM after installation.

I daily drive my Mustang and want something reliable (part of the appeal of the more mild FP tune/kit).

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm close to pulling the trigger on this kit, but was wondering if the issue described above is recurring or more of a one-off. It seems like you shouldn't need to continuously need to reset the KAM after installation.

I daily drive my Mustang and want something reliable (part of the appeal of the more mild FP tune/kit).
It was a one off thing. I was told by a local shop resetting the kam after a tune is a good idea regardless. I haven't had to do it again and the cars running great.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I never did and mine runs great.
Most probably don't need to do it, but I was told a fresh kam reset after a tune helps the car learn it faster. You're also ensuring your getting the most out of the tune. Some people reset the kam weekly that go to race tracks. If the cars running good with smooth shifts and you're getting the extra power from the tune no reason to do it. Your car will adjust to the tune after so many miles anyways.
If you're getting weird shifts or the tune doesn't seem to be as powerful that's when a kam reset might help.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
As far as cost, I believe it'll be around $500 by a dealer.
FWIW I am being charged 2 hrs @ 130/hr by a local Ford dealer to install.

The dealer I bought the car from quoted me 5-6 hours, but they didn't know anything about it and did not seem very interested in doing it.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
FWIW I am being charged 2 hrs @ 130/hr by a local Ford dealer to install.

The dealer I bought the car from quoted me 5-6 hours, but they didn't know anything about it and did not seem very interested in doing it.

Find another place with an ASE mechanic to install.
Sponsored