Your Other Hobbies

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Curious about what others are doing with their spare time that isn't car related.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JohnnyGT

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I work in IT. It was a hobby until it became a career. Still keeping the hobby going though.

Server Rack Front.jpg

Plex and a PiHole.

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
Built a tiny house out in the high desert ranching country of eastern Klamath County in Oregon.
Its a great getaway for this guy who needs regular, quiet solitude to recharge the batteries.
It's not for everyone....off grid, oil lamps, wood heat, no TV, 4 radio stations on the little stereo,
coyotes (not 5.0) and owls waking me up in the middle of the night. Good flyfishing nearby.
0413191017a-1.jpg
Cabin interior July 17.jpg

OP
OP
JohnnyGT

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Built a tiny house out in the high desert ranching country of eastern Klamath County in Oregon.
Its a great getaway for this guy who needs regular, quiet solitude to recharge the batteries.
It's not for everyone....off grid, oil lamps, wood heat, no TV, 4 radio stations on the little stereo,
coyotes (not 5.0) and owls waking me up in the middle of the night. Good flyfishing nearby.
0413191017a-1.jpg
Cabin interior July 17.jpg
Sounds like a dream. I spent a few months at my aunt's place in remote NM. Loved it and would love to retire out there. Build an earthship and live out my days.

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like a dream. I spent a few months at my aunt's place in remote NM. Loved it and would love to retire out there. Build an earthship and live out my days.
Sounds good!
For right now I'm staying about 2 or 3 different weeks a year, plus several long weekends at the tiny house. I'd like to spend at least half of my time there... maybe in another 5 years or so.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JohnnyGT

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Nice. And same here. I finally did a new full build last summer. Went mITX: Sliger SM560 with a 3700x, 2080 Super, 32gb RAM and 2TB NVMe. Bifurcated riser so I can use the 2080 along with a 10g fiber card back to the rack.

OP
OP
JohnnyGT

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Sounds good!
For right now I'm staying about 2 or 3 different weeks a year, plus several long weekends at the tiny house. I'd like to spend at least half of my time there... maybe in another 5 years or so.
I'm so far away on the East coast. Last time it took me three serious days of driving to get to NM. I've been looking at buying property there but it's getting hard to find a lot that still has water rights. :(

OP
OP
JohnnyGT

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
The COIVD-19 situation will hopefully change the mind set of business needing staff on site everyday, I've had my challenges but I've been able to do my thing from home in VA to out in the mountains of WV. Just need a highish speed connection. Starlink is the best option I see to getting my ass far away from everyone else. Would be a dream come true.

OP
OP
JohnnyGT

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
I'm so far away on the East coast. Last time it took me three serious days of driving to get to NM. I've been looking at buying property there but it's getting hard to find a lot that still has water rights. :(
That's a lot of driving!
In some areas of the west it's getting difficult to find good buildable parcels of land. Where the tiny house is, there's a lot of private land but much of it is landlocked with no public access(unless you own a helicopter) or located in wildlife migration areas where it's not zoned for structures. A lot of properties with a clouded title as well.
Good luck with your search....

Sponsored

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
The COIVD-19 situation will hopefully change the mind set of business needing staff on site everyday, I've had my challenges but I've been able to do my thing from home in VA to out in the mountains of WV. Just need a highish speed connection. Starlink is the best option I see to getting my ass far away from everyone else. Would be a dream come true.
I think it's happening. I know of many people around Central Oregon who work remotely for companies hundreds or thousands of miles away. They catch a flight to the office a few times a year if they need to be on-site for a week or so.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Apparently, the scale says my other hobby is eating. I love to cook, when I have time. Home made bbq sauce and rubs, marinara sauce, lasagna, ravioli, real chicken soup (personal favorite this time of year). Snack / finger foods. Biscuits and gravey.

Looking up, I don't see any salads on my list. Hmm.... I wonder if that has anything to do with what the stupid f@&!ng scale had to say.