2015 PP Winter Wheels & Tires

aidanmeade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem. Convertible 2020 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Prem
Looking at a 2015 EB Premium with the Performance package, and I can see that the brakes are much bigger than that of the base EB. It'd be a daily driver starting in the winter so ill need wheels & tires capable of driving in snow. If anyone has a PP EB, what size wheels & tires can I get away with in the winter? Id rather not get 19 in snow tires since theyre so expensive and the 18s are a big difference price wise. Any recommendations for wheels and/or tires would be great.
If you daily yours during the winter, let me know what you use as well
Sponsored

Last edited:

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Find some stock 18” wheels and will be fine if you have the 4 piston brakes.

Bridgestone Blizzak WS90 are the top winter tires that’s available almost anywhere but expensive.

The DM-V2 can also be considered and they cost less. Meant for heavier vehicles like SUV/CUV/Pickups but considering the weight of the Mustang is comparable to a Ford Escape it will be good too.

I’m gonna use the Continental Vikingcontact 7 this year as they have a great review on Tire Rack. Got them at a great deal here in Canada and they have a rebate going on so it’s even cheaper.

Also look at different tire sizes that are comparable to stock. 215/55/18 is comparable to 235/50/18 but is cheaper. I went with 225/55/18 as 215 wasn’t available. 225/55 was $95 cheaper than 235/50 and that’s before the rebate.

OP
OP
aidanmeade

aidanmeade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
Find some stock 18” wheels and will be fine if you have the 4 piston brakes.

Bridgestone Blizzak WS90 are the top winter tires that’s available almost anywhere but expensive.

The DM-V2 can also be considered and they cost less. Meant for heavier vehicles like SUV/CUV/Pickups but considering the weight of the Mustang is comparable to a Ford Escape it will be good too.

I’m gonna use the Continental Vikingcontact 7 this year as they have a great review on Tire Rack. Got them at a great deal here in Canada and they have a rebate going on so it’s even cheaper.

Also look at different tire sizes that are comparable to stock. 215/55/18 is comparable to 235/50/18 but is cheaper. I went with 225/55/18 as 215 wasn’t available. 225/55 was $95 cheaper than 235/50 and that’s before the rebate.
Alright thats good to know. Just wasn't completely sure if the 18's would fit over the brakes. Thanks :thumbsup:

OP
OP
aidanmeade

aidanmeade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
Probably cant get away with 17's with the PP brakes? Found 17's for 100 per.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Probably cant get away with 17's with the PP brakes? Found 17's for 100 per.
I don’t think so. The barrel is too small. The benefit of getting stock 18” wheels from another S550 is they’d most like still have the TPMS on them. If buying new wheels you’d also have to get new TPMS unless you don’t care about seeing the light on your dash.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Any size tire that comes on a GT will fit your PP eco. The eco PP brakes are the same as the standard GT brakes, 13.9" rotor and 4 piston calipers. Look for some 18" take offs with all season tires from a GT and they will fit.
Sponsored