Sponsored

EB PP Winter Tires

fogus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, DI Blue, Base
I have always been pleased with Bridgestone Blizzaks, but I do not own a mustang yet. I plan on running them on my 18" stock wheels and then buying a set of 19" rims for summer (possibly depending on how they repair the roads here in CT).

OP
OP
Brad

Brad

Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S - Big Turbo EB
I have always been pleased with Bridgestone Blizzaks, but I do not own a mustang yet. I plan on running them on my 18" stock wheels and then buying a set of 19" rims for summer (possibly depending on how they repair the roads here in CT).
Thanks I'll check them out. Hopefully you'll get your GT soon! :thumbsup:

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
I'm in Vancouver BC and ran Continental DWS for the last 3 years on my Focus ST - they were great. Unless you are planning on running onto Steven's pass, you probably don't need super winter tires like Blizzaks or Alpines. A good A/S for our area is good compromise.

I'm actually keeping the P-Zero Nero A/S on my car for the season this year - El Nino will either give us a warm/wet year or a dry/cold year in the N/W. Luckily for me, I can take my wife's 4WD Escape to get to work or work from home for a few days.

OP
OP
Brad

Brad

Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in Vancouver BC and ran Continental DWS for the last 3 years on my Focus ST - they were great. Unless you are planning on running onto Steven's pass, you probably don't need super winter tires like Blizzaks or Alpines. A good A/S for our area is good compromise.

I'm actually keeping the P-Zero Nero A/S on my car for the season this year - El Nino will either give us a warm/wet year or a dry/cold year in the N/W. Luckily for me, I can take my wife's 4WD Escape to get to work or work from home for a few days.
Hmm. I'll look into it. I'll prob go to Steven's but not in the Mustang...and last season was :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: Thanks for the advice!

Sponsored

fogus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep in mind that when the temperatures fall below 7 Celsius (45F), winter tires begin to grip the road better than all seasons because winter tires are softer at lower temperatures and can still mold to the grooves of the road when all seasons have become rigid.

Nine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I've had great luck with the Conti DWS on my Legacy, including occasional driving in actual snow. Last winter sucked around here (I'm also in Western WA) and it was warm and dry enough that I didn't put my winter tires (Dunlop Winter Sport) on because other than really cold mornings it wasn't consistently very cold. I agree with the poster above that for general driving in Western WA during the winter a good A/S tire is fine.

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
I am in the same boat here. I live in Washington DC, and we will get snow storms.

Do I go with All Season or Snow/Winter tires?

fogus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am in the same boat here. I live in Washington DC, and we will get snow storms.

Do I go with All Season or Snow/Winter tires?
Winter tires. They are for cold roads, not just for snow.

Tb8983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Though about it myself and for the price of a set of winter tires and wheels I can go buy a little beater suv and not worry about rock chips in the paint of the mustang

Sponsored

Tb8983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Just picked up a 96geo tracker 5speed 4x4 for 1000

OP
OP
Brad

Brad

Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wheels and tires from Tirerack.com came in today. Ended up going with Blizzak LM32 255/40/19 and Verde Axis 19x8.5 32 offset. It rains alot here (30 minutes N of Seattle) and Blizzaks are great in heavy rain, I paid the price for it though :headbonk:

blue87turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I disagree with the buy a beater over winter tires idea. Sure, you don't care about the exterior getting beat up and everything, but the reliability on that isn't going to be anywhere near that of the Mustang. Last thing I want is to have the car not start or have something break and leave me stranded.

Just picked up my winters over the weekend. Went with the X-Ice Xi3. Thought about the Blizzaks a lot but I got a decent deal for the Michelins!

fogus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Though about it myself and for the price of a set of winter tires and wheels I can go buy a little beater suv and not worry about rock chips in the paint of the mustang
You'll still want winter tires. Breaking, an important safety feature, primarily depends on grip, which is the coefficient of friction. SUV technology does not improve the coefficient of friction; you will not break better in an SUV than in a Mustang.
Sponsored