Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I am on a waiting list for an opening for the two-day with non-driving guest package. Should I wait and take my chances that I will get a class in 2021 before my June 6th expiration date, or should I just take the first available class, even if its a single day. Not sure how the allocation works once they open up 2021 dates, but this experience was one of the main reasons I bought my -R new...I don't want to miss it!
If its like last or this year they wont open up 2021 dates until January 2021. If you call right away you should get what you want but I wouldn't blow it if you can get a 1 day - the second day is simply open driving intermixed with class breaks or review which you can probably do at a more local track or club event. Course I'm basing that of last year in Utah.
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
How hot do the Shelby's run on-track? It's a big issue for the Mustang crowd, but Shelby's have different cooling. What kind of engine temperatures do you see? How about oil?

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
How hot do the Shelby's run on-track? It's a big issue for the Mustang crowd, but Shelby's have different cooling. What kind of engine temperatures do you see? How about oil?
Sub 100 degrees it’s never an issue for a gt350. Over 100 degrees, some guys report some cooling issues if they’re running high RPM’s for large portions of their track sessions.

I think I typically run 275 degrees Oil temp in 85 degrees outside temp, which is well below the limit.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Sub 100 degrees it’s never an issue for a gt350. Over 100 degrees, some guys report some cooling issues if they’re running high RPM’s for large portions of their track sessions.

I think I typically run 275 degrees Oil temp in 85 degrees outside temp, which is well below the limit.
On the GT's and Eco's, that 275 number is about where the ECU kicks over into limp mode. It's definitely hotter than I'm interested in running for any extended portion of time. When you say that sub 100* it isn't an issue, what actual water temp are your running?

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
On the GT's and Eco's, that 275 number is about where the ECU kicks over into limp mode. It's definitely hotter than I'm interested in running for any extended portion of time. When you say that sub 100* it isn't an issue, what actual water temp are your running?
To be honest, I’ve never paid attention, but there are plenty of guys in the forums who have discussed specifics recently. Im sure a quick search could yield exactly what you’re looking for.

I just know it’s never been a problem for me, and I think the hottest ambient temp I’ve raced the car is 92 degrees.

Sponsored

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
I got my confirmation for the GT-350 Track Attack and I am scheduled for this Thursday September 24th. I am driving my car from Toledo Ohio on down Charlotte, 8 hours & 45 minutes......or so

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
I got my confirmation for the GT-350 Track Attack and I am scheduled for this Thursday September 24th. I am driving my car from Toledo Ohio on down Charlotte, 8 hours & 45 minutes......or so
You are going to have a blast. Enjoy.

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
You would have to make a second video... and it would have to eclipse the first one!
That is a LOT of work my friend for a t-shirt.
Ha, funny! I would definitely make another video.... definitely need to fly a faster airplane there this time, and get some drone shots.

It’s not just the T-shirt... it’s the T-shirt and the chapstick!

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
I'll be there on Tuesday I'll be sure to look

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I have an unused invite. Can’t use it. PM me if interested. Proof of ownership required.
PM sent. Isn't registration closed for this year?
Sponsored