Bullit tune on regular GT?

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
I like the mild popping sound the Bullit does on decel.
For those unaware you can hear it here:

Upon further research I've found that on the Bullit An active valve performance exhaust system is standard with new Black NitroPlate™ exhaust tips, and retuned to give the car a signature burble, as well as new Open Air Induction System and Shelby GT350 intake manifold with 87mm throttle bodies and powertrain control module calibration for optimal performance.
Source: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...8/01/14/50th-anniversary-mustang-bullitt.html

So has anyone tried to flash a Bullit tune on a standard GT (with supporting mods)? Or is this a tune tweak we can do on our regular GT?
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Do a suitcase delete along with muffler deletes or single/dual chamber mufflers with no packing material inside and you'll get that rice krispies sound on a bone stock tune.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
For those unaware you can hear it here:

Upon further research I've found that on the Bullit An active valve performance exhaust system is standard with new Black NitroPlate™ exhaust tips, and retuned to give the car a signature burble, as well as new Open Air Induction System and Shelby GT350 intake manifold with 87mm throttle bodies and powertrain control module calibration for optimal performance.
Source: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...8/01/14/50th-anniversary-mustang-bullitt.html

So has anyone tried to flash a Bullit tune on a standard GT (with supporting mods)? Or is this a tune tweak we can do on our regular GT?
thats really interesting and haven't heard of someone trying to do it. honestly thats one of my favorite parts of it. between shifts the pops can be violent and snap.
res/muffler delete will drone like crazy and sound like garbage IMO, active exhaust is one of the best things about new mustangs and other cars in general.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
res/muffler delete will drone like crazy
Muffler delete will definitely drone. Resonator delete will not unless you already have a muffler setup prone to drone. But res delete on stock muffler can also tend to sound a bit tinny.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Muffler delete will definitely drone. Resonator delete will not unless you already have a muffler setup prone to drone. But res delete on stock muffler can also tend to sound a bit tinny.
I was referencing the person above me stating to do a muffler/res delete combo.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I was referencing the person above me stating to do a muffler/res delete combo.
My apologies. Yup definitely would not recommend that. Muffler delete alone will drone. Res delete on top of that would just amplify it.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm going the route of muffler delete with stock suitcase shortly, we'll see how much the drone is with the sound tube removed since I can't find any info on here if anyone has tried something similar.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I'm going the route of muffler delete with stock suitcase shortly, we'll see how much the drone is with the sound tube removed since I can't find any info on here if anyone has tried something similar.
my mom has a muffler delete with stock res, she doesn’t mind it. There is definitely drone but it’s not horrible. She has a 17 GT

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
my mom has a muffler delete with stock res, she doesn’t mind it. There is definitely drone but it’s not horrible. She has a 17 GT
Good to know, thank you. I'm okay with some drone, but if it ends up being too bad I'll just save up for an AWE Touring or Borla ATAK and be done with it at that point. My thing is that I really love the tone of stock exhaust, it's just too quiet. So I'm hoping this scratches that itch.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Good to know, thank you. I'm okay with some drone, but if it ends up being too bad I'll just save up for an AWE Touring or Borla ATAK and be done with it at that point. My thing is that I really love the tone of stock exhaust, it's just too quiet. So I'm hoping this scratches that itch.
I love borla, i had s types and ataks on a few different 5.0's. the s types are by far my favorite. s types have a deeper tone also if you end up doing more work down the line it wont be overkill like my ataks were when i did headers!
Sponsored