Sponsored

Lund Tune on auto 17 GT

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I also have a 2017 Mustang GT/PP only 3700 miles on the ODO and just ordered a Tune straight from Lund. It's going on 8 days since I placed my order and this wait is KILLING MEEEEEEEE. I really hope my tune comes out before Ford Nationals because I also have some minor mods on the car and going to be putting about 900 miles on it this next week.
Yeah they're backed up right now. I waited a number of days myself to get my base tune, but when I started datalogging, it moved along pretty fast.
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
only way to go!!! #lund!

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
You won't regret it. Lund FTW for sure. My car pulls like a freight train now.:headbang:
That's exactly what I thought. My car pulls like a freight train. It just seems to pull harder and harder and not give out.

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
I'm probably going to go with this tune eventually to being I bought an auto this time so the wife could drive it. Shifting feels weird in this auto tho but maybe it's just me or because I been driving stick my whole life. :shrug:

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm probably going to go with this tune eventually to being I bought an auto this time so the wife could drive it. Shifting feels weird in this auto tho but maybe it's just me or because I been driving stick my whole life. :shrug:
Shifts weird how? Can you describe what it's doing to feel weird?

OP
OP

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
Just to be clear does the tune help with launch/acceleration or is it mostly for shift points

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
Just to be clear does the tune help with launch/acceleration or is it mostly for shift points
ok... ill answer this the best i can as i had my Lund tune before my stall.

On a stock/mostly stock car it was lazy out of the hole...I dont believe due to the tune itself, but the stock stall. My shift points were fast and FIRM... Would bark 2nd and 3rd with ease. Made the car a new animal that made me smile every time i drove it.

After the Circle D 5C this car is AMAZING. The stall softens up the shifts but the car still drives great.

OP
OP

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
ok... ill answer this the best i can as i had my Lund tune before my stall.

On a stock/mostly stock car it was lazy out of the hole...I dont believe due to the tune itself, but the stock stall. My shift points were fast and FIRM... Would bark 2nd and 3rd with ease. Made the car a new animal that made me smile every time i drove it.

After the Circle D 5C this car is AMAZING. The stall softens up the shifts but the car still drives great.
How hard is the torque converter to install? Should I just go to a shop or is it fairly simple.

As far as Lund tune goes would you recommend? So it helps more with shift points than acceleration?

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
How hard is the torque converter to install? Should I just go to a shop or is it fairly simple.

As far as Lund tune goes would you recommend? So it helps more with shift points than acceleration?
a shop for sure.... i can do my own work but i was happy to spend the $$ and have it installed.

i would say both.... the shift points makes you wanna accelerate more just to play :)

Sponsored

Guard 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
you really can't go wrong with our lund custom tune, as good as it gets,

were lunds largest dealer and here 8 to 10 seven days a week to help you out

let me know if there is anything we can do for you

www.teambeefcakeracing.com
I have a Lund tune on my 15 GT A6 and am loving it. It is a little jerky going into second at low speeds, is that normal? Also, do you think you could clarify a bit if the tune changes the behavior of the car between having the shifter in D vs S? When I have the shifter in S and use the paddles, I noticed that the car holds every gear now. Will it still shift on its own before hitting the rev limiter? (Which is at 7700 now?)

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I have a Lund tune on my 15 GT A6 and am loving it. It is a little jerky going into second at low speeds, is that normal? Also, do you think you could clarify a bit if the tune changes the behavior of the car between having the shifter in D vs S? When I have the shifter in S and use the paddles, I noticed that the car holds every gear now. Will it still shift on its own before hitting the rev limiter? (Which is at 7700 now?)
WHen in S mode and using the paddles, it will always hold the gear because you are in control of it - even in stock tune. The Lund tune doesn't change that. But it does change the shift points when you are not using the paddles.

Guard 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
WHen in S mode and using the paddles, it will always hold the gear because you are in control of it - even in stock tune. The Lund tune doesn't change that. But it does change the shift points when you are not using the paddles.
But it will still shift up by itself or I would need to use the paddle once it's holding the gear.

Guard 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It'll shift up/down on it's own if you are not, for safety reasons
Ah cool thanks. I was kinda messing around with it today and figured it out. I guess the Lund tune puts redline at 7500?
Sponsored