Sponsored

0% for 84 months Financing on 2019 Mustangs (not including GT350)

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
you can also buy apr, is you can't close the customer on a deal, you can give up some of your upfront money for less APR... that's not something you usually want, but if you really wanna make the sale happen, you can... or probably they had the standar 2.9 and they gave up that extra point... sometimes, you just need that extra car to hit a flat from the bank or just to reach a specific number for a bonus, etc... sales people make money on the front, finance make money on both sides... so you give up that extra point, but that sale put you on a nice bonus for the month.
what do you mean? by cutting the interest rate you can take more money off the car on the front end?
Sponsored

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
At 0% for 84mo why would you pay it off quicker? You’re using house money. Even getting on the low end using that money you’d pay off the loan quicker you can get bare minimum 1% ROI on about anything putting your cash anywhere ... so you’re coming out ahead.
Someones gotta keep the retirement funds and union perks up; pass onward to the consumer. Cannot speak to the foreign car manufacturers just the big 3.
And really 60 month loan was super long. I might be dating myself but you did much more than 4 and it was durp a) due front end loaded loans which got the interest in the first few years more so than paying down your principal b) most often your car was tapped out in about 6ish years too if you’re putting in the miles.

because you are upside down on the car for the life of the loan and I hate debt on my record
I paid all my stuff off quicker

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
because you are upside down on the car for the life of the loan and I hate debt on my record
I paid all my stuff off quicker
lol. It’s free money. At days ends your cars worth what someone’s willing to pay. I’m making money in the stock market;.... but hey it’s your money. Cars going to depreciate at the same rate regardless of what your loan amount is.

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
lol. It’s free money. At days ends your cars worth what someone’s willing to pay. I’m making money in the stock market;.... but hey it’s your money. Cars going to depreciate at the same rate regardless of what your loan amount is.
Im killing the market this year

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Im killing the market this year
You missed my point but it’s Next to impossible not to hit the market if you’re investing this year. So that was irrelevant.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Copperhead73

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
This. Also, if you take the full 84 months to repay, because of inflation, by the end of the loan you are paying back the lender with dollars that aren't worth as much as when you took the loan. The $500 a month at the beginning of the loan has more buying power than the $500 a month at the end of the loan. If somehow we end up in deflation, that won't be true...but hard to see that coming with all the money we've printed over the last 12 years.

Essentially, on a 0% loan, you are earning an apr (think negative interest) equivalent to the rate of inflation, because you are paying back according to what money was worth at the beginning of the loan.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Why does everyone overlook the rebate you gave up in order to get the 0% financing? Its not free.

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
Why does everyone overlook the rebate you gave up in order to get the 0% financing? Its not free.
Because that’s what Ford marketing is counting on...

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
it’s going to be all situational to what the price of the car is, the loan amount, how much the rebate it, and what your credit score is going to be (if you finance) with a credit union or bank. While I agree in many cases it’s true, not completely true for everyone. Plus there were/ are dealers who have done both rebate and 0% or both but not as much rebate and a reduced rate.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
ahh, only if you fail to negotiate them to put both together. Push harder!

Reactions: kz

Sponsored

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
ahh, only if you fail to negotiate them to put both together. Push harder!
Show me paperwork where you got both. The dealership doesn't decide that, it comes right from Ford. The dealership could give you more of a discount, but its not coming out of Fords pocket like a rebate does.

99% of the time the cheap/free financing is in lieu of the rebate and its even explained in the fine print you can't qualify for both. Can the dealership make that up with a bigger discount on their end, sure, but thats different. If you take a true rebate from Ford, Ford then pays that to the dealership.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
ok, I was imprecise in language. You may forfeit Ford rebates but the dealer can put the same dollar amount back on in the form of additional dealer discount. It's not that rare of an occurrence. Most people just knuckle under when the dealer says "well then you forfeit the Ford discount".

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
One time on my Dodge I got 0% and the rebates... ended up with still about 15 grand in positive equity when I traded it in 2 years for my Challenger... when that got stolen I got the Mustang.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
what do you mean? by cutting the interest rate you can take more money off the car on the front end?
No, the opposite... for example, i'm getting a $30k check from the bank if i close a customer at 4.99% with $484/mo payment... but the customer says "I d0Nt wAnT AnYtH1nG 0vEr 450" then you tell the bank (if they allow it, not all the bank do it) hey, can you give 3 extra months and 1% less... how much my check will be?... $700 fee = 29300 check

that will put you at 453 more or less... you close the deal, and instead of making $4k deal, you make $3300... and that's better than $0 or not hitting that bonus

Last edited:

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
paying a 0% apr loan sooner makes no sense... at all... only just because you want to pay it sooner, other than that, no benefits... why? either you drop $40k in 2 years or do it in 6 years... it will be the same 40K

so, i prefer to keep that money in my pocket and invest the money back into my company or stocks, or any other money making option than just paying the finance company... i can flip that money multiple times during the time of the loan and transform 40k into 250k...

the car will depreciate? yes.. and? it will do it either way if you are making the payments or if you paid in full...
Sponsored