Sponsored

Order or Wait..? Wanting Delivery Jan 2021

Nomic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Patrol, CBR1000rr and ordering a 20** GT
Good evening all, I have tried searching on and off the forums, dealers are also recalcitrant about the details, I am 100% going to be ordering a car I just seem to find myself in a quandary.

Having spoken with my broker, they are telling me that the spec I want will have to be custom ordered (Australia) and at present the expected delivery for an order placed today will be December-March next year. Due to COVID-19 etc.

I was set on a Grabber Lime, however now leaning towards Twister Orange so urgency (GL's last year this year) is not the driving factor.

My question is, when would orders open up for 2021 cars? Aside from a few new colours is there any appreciable difference between a 2020 and 2021? Sync 4 won't be coming I am assuming?

I have been waiting (life etc, buying new family car) for a couple of years to buy, a few more months will not kill me (just frustrate even more..) so would you wait to order a 2021 or just go with a 2020 with a delivery slated for early next year?

Cheers all
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Good evening all, I have tried searching on and off the forums, dealers are also recalcitrant about the details, I am 100% going to be ordering a car I just seem to find myself in a quandary.

Having spoken with my broker, they are telling me that the spec I want will have to be custom ordered (Australia) and at present the expected delivery for an order placed today will be December-March next year. Due to COVID-19 etc.

I was set on a Grabber Lime, however now leaning towards Twister Orange so urgency (GL's last year this year) is not the driving factor.

My question is, when would orders open up for 2021 cars? Aside from a few new colours is there any appreciable difference between a 2020 and 2021? Sync 4 won't be coming I am assuming?

I have been waiting (life etc, buying new family car) for a couple of years to buy, a few more months will not kill me (just frustrate even more..) so would you wait to order a 2021 or just go with a 2020 with a delivery slated for early next year?

Cheers all
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info in this thread.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2021-mustang-refresh-spied.135913/page-11#post-2957922

OP
OP

Nomic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No problem. That’s what we are here for. :like:
And now after much reading, I am going to sit and wait. :crazy:

Seems everything is in a state of limbo and I would be loathed to order only to find out there is a refresh for 2021.

Sponsored

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
I am in the same boat as you. There are car in some outside states,but there are not willing to negotiate. They think because of the pandemic their cars are in demand now. I think when ford starts producing cars, we will get the upper hands. I might be wrong, but by the end of this year and going to next year, the car market going to slow down even more. Nobody going to have job to buy anything, probably a lot of repos after this pandemic

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Welcome to M6G!

Here's another thread, although I'll cut n paste the main info here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2021-mustang-ordering-production-dates.145884/

• October 2, 2020 - 2020 Mustang Final Orders Date
  • October 15, 2020 - 2020 Mustang Last Day to Change an Order
  • October 12, 2020 - 2021 Mustang Order Banks Open
  • December 23, 2020 - 2020 Mustang Last Day of Production
  • January 4, 2021 - 2021 Mustang Production Start Up
The order dates are specific to the US but the 4th Jan start for the '21MY is for the US and the rest of the world. Therefore, we should hear more about the '21MY Mustang in the next couple of months, at least in terms of Order Guides. These guides should give is an indication of what (if anything) is changing for the '21MY.

As Twister Orange is still available next year anyway, if I were you I'd wait for more news :)

OP
OP

Nomic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to M6G!

Here's another thread, although I'll cut n paste the main info here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2021-mustang-ordering-production-dates.145884/

• October 2, 2020 - 2020 Mustang Final Orders Date
  • October 15, 2020 - 2020 Mustang Last Day to Change an Order
  • October 12, 2020 - 2021 Mustang Order Banks Open
  • December 23, 2020 - 2020 Mustang Last Day of Production
  • January 4, 2021 - 2021 Mustang Production Start Up
The order dates are specific to the US but the 4th Jan start for the '21MY is for the US and the rest of the world. Therefore, we should hear more about the '21MY Mustang in the next couple of months, at least in terms of Order Guides. These guides should give is an indication of what (if anything) is changing for the '21MY.

As Twister Orange is still available next year anyway, if I were you I'd wait for more news :)
Yeah I had been reading that thread when it was posted too. :)

At least we now have an approximate timeline. I will be sitting tight till they open order books for sure now.

OP
OP

Nomic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Provided that you like the refresh. But what if don't?
That's the beauty of Australia, I am certain I would be able to find a dealership with a 2020 model in stock. Might not be 100% the spec I want.

Although unless they completely lose the plot, any refreshed GT won't be drastically different from the current offering. So I think waiting is the sensible choice.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Might not be 100% the spec I want.
Exactly. That's the catch. You mentioned in the beginning that your desired spec must be custom ordered. But there will be no more custom orders for the 2020 MY once the 2021 MY is out.

Although unless they completely lose the plot, any refreshed GT won't be drastically different from the current offering. So I think waiting is the sensible choice.
Drastically different, no, it won't be. I'm sure it won't. But there might be little changes here and there. It might have a stop&start system. Or cylinder deactivation. Or an electric handbrake. Or a stupid light on the dash telling you when to upshift. Or a hideous antenna (oh wait, it's already got that). You never know. Waiting is a gamble. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Nomic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad I waited, made contact to order a JFG Manual Mach 1 with handling/appearance package/elite package.

The Mach 1 being released in Australia convinced me, I test drove a few cars this last week the Supra also featured but just felt a little too clinical and manufactured in the engine note and almost sedate to drive. Mustang was just more visceral.

Now the waiting really begins.
Sponsored