Sponsored

Order this weekend? Dec delivery?

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
So if I was to order this weekend does it seem possible I could get a car for December delivery. I was originally going to buy from a family member for short term winter use and order for spring delivery but that plan fell through and my lease is up in December so I need a car by then. Don't want to miss out on getting a mustang but I can't not have a car lol.
Sponsored

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
I thought there were guys who ordered last month and told Feb/Jan.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Order from a big enough dealer who has a ready retail allocation on 10/16 they could schedule you for the week of 11/02 and who knows you could have it by the last week of November if the stars aligned. Or then again it could be February. Its a crapshoot.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Just buy one off the lot, no waiting.

Sponsored

OP
OP

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Just buy one off the lot, no waiting.
Certainly an option but the Odds are low that a dealer in New England would have enough inventory to randomly have exactly what I want. Or maybe they will...
Ruby
Gt pp manual
401a
Nav
68b
Reverse sensing
Security

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
If you order now, you may just bump Free Agent out another couple weeks. :headbang:

:lol: NOT!

I really doubt something ordered today will get here before Feb. You'd have to be scheduled before 3rd week in Nov to be delivered by end of year I'm thinking. You have to remember the plant closes for Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Unless you somehow get a build date in early November... I doubt it..With all the holidays following after the 11/02 build date I don't see it happening

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Have you searched extended inventory?

Certainly an option but the Odds are low that a dealer in New England would have enough inventory to randomly have exactly what I want. Or maybe they will...
Ruby
Gt pp manual
401a
Nav
68b
Reverse sensing
Security
http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FA6P8CF3F5308060&ref=VL

No PP's but pretty loaded Ruby GT's I have to say the 20" wheels fit the Ruby red.

http://www.inventory.ford.com/dealer/Herb-Chambers-Ford-of-Westborough-09878/model/2015-Mustang/vin/1FA6P8CF3F5308060?zipcode=01560&segment=Car&inventoryType=extended&ownerPACode=08932&planType=PRX&referrer=Fpartner%20-%20X-Plan

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I think January would be a good bet but February seems like a stretch without significant issues or parts delays on what you may order.

Sponsored

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
If you order now, you may just bump Free Agent out another couple weeks. :headbang:.

Okay, I laughed. :)

I really doubt something ordered today will get here before Feb. You'd have to be scheduled before 3rd week in Nov to be delivered by end of year I'm thinking. You have to remember the plant closes for Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years.
Yeah, Holidays play a big part in scheduling from my experience last year with Chevy.

Those damned Union workers that want their time off to sit around with their families... ;)

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
If you order now, you may just bump Free Agent out another couple weeks. :headbang:

Hey I wouldn't be surprised. I guess I should be like Tim and try to dissuade anyone from ordering right now and buy one off the lot.

Buy 'em off the lots guys!!! :D

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
I just put my order in today for an EB Prem. They said they have to talk to GM tomorrow but will try and get it to me by Christmas and slot it in an unpaid allocation.

Huzzah, at least until I get the call sometime Monday explaining why that won't be the case :rolleyes:

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I ordered in June and have always been told to expect January delivery. I doubt you can get one by December ordering now.
Sponsored