Sponsored

Procharger Crank Support:?

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
FYI, procharger has been making crank supports for years and years fro their cars. They didn't rip anything off from MFP.

We have sold more blowers than anyone over the last 10 years on these cars, id venture to guess 6-8000 kits, and the number of cranks that have actually failed that customers have messaged me on is probably 3.

Thats all brands. I get its the hot new item, and people like peace of mind. And of course we'll sell them if people want them. but i think the hype is a little overblown.

I have been around high HP mod motors and coyotes since they came out.... and I have literally only seen (3) snapped cranks as well.

However, I am willing to bet the "internet" has also seen those same three snapped cranks because it was allllllll over the internet. But what the internet doesn't see is the thousands and thousands of supercharged cars driving around every day / every weekend without issues.

Details on ProChargers:

Can be used with ATI or IW balancer (must select which one)
Can be used with AC
Can be used with PS
Can not be used with sway bar (most drag racers don't run one anyways)
Has integrated locating dowels for faster install, and centering.

Other Notes:

We have made crank supports for about 20 years, and at least (3) other companies have made Coyote crank supports for the past couple of years. Though with only (4) mounting points available on the front of a Coyote engine, most will end up looking the same, really no way around it. (Kinda like headers, they all basically look the same, due to space constraints)

For years we wanted to make the crank support since we had 90% of the parts for it sitting on the shelf from the SBF and SBC version we have. However, getting all the crank drives for the big Pro Mod motors and new systems took the front seat.

To me Coyote supports are like oil pump gears... do you NEED them? (Not in most cases). But will it make you sleep better at night knowing you have it? (Maybe) LOL. I am still on the fence if I will run one on my car, since I know I will be under 1000hp and have an Auto. Also I have me revlimiter set so that it shuts the throttle first, and not a spark / fuel cut....so my revlimiter is "soft" which seems to help.

At the end of the day, they are pretty cheap... so if a person wants one, at least they aren't massive money.

We have added a couple items to make the install a breeze, and also help with location of center.
Sponsored

Last edited:

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
We have added a couple items to make the install a breeze, and also help with location of center.
Great news, just waiting on the one I ordered to show so we can max out this f1a94 on this coyote build. :clock::wink:

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I have been around high HP mod motors and coyotes since they came out.... and I have literally only seen (3) snapped cranks as well.

However, I am willing to bet the "internet" has also seen those same three snapped cranks because it was allllllll over the internet. But what the internet doesn't see is the thousands and thousands of supercharged cars driving around every day / every weekend without issues.

Details on ProChargers:

Can be used with ATI or IW balancer (must select which one)
Can be used with AC
Can be used with PS
Can not be used with sway bar (most drag racers don't run one anyways)
Has integrated locating dowels for faster install, and centering.

Other Notes:

We have made crank supports for about 20 years, and at least (3) other companies have made Coyote crank supports for the past couple of years. Though with only (4) mounting points available on the front of a Coyote engine, most will end up looking the same, really no way around it. (Kinda like headers, they all basically look the same, due to space constraints)

For years we wanted to make the crank support since we had 90% of the parts for it sitting on the shelf from the SBF and SBC version we have. However, getting all the crank drives for the big Pro Mod motors and new systems took the front seat.

To me Coyote supports are like oil pump gears... do you NEED them? (Not in most cases). But will it make you sleep better at night knowing you have it? (Maybe) LOL. I am still on the fence if I will run one on my car, since I know I will be under 1000hp and have an Auto. Also I have me revlimiter set so that it shuts the throttle first, and not a spark / fuel cut....so my revlimiter is "soft" which seems to help.

At the end of the day, they are pretty cheap... so if a person wants one, at least they aren't massive money.

@ProChargerTECH Do you know if you will be making a crank support for the 11-14 cars? I know this isn't the forum to be asking but I was just curious since my 14 is procharged.

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt white diamond pearl six speed pp
got mine on order today said they will call me once their shipping them cant wait to turn her up

Sponsored

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt white diamond pearl six speed pp
yup stock motor blew so now built sleeved block in it so gotta turn her up now

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
how much boost you seeing with the 4.13? I see about 13psi with a 4.25 with my P1X. Thanks.
Depends on how high you rev. It’s around 13-13.5 at 7500.

sloride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Depends on how high you rev. It’s around 13-13.5 at 7500.
I take it to 7500. Any horsepower numbers on your setup? Not sure how much power mine is making but feels pretty fast.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I take it to 7500. Any horsepower numbers on your setup? Not sure how much power mine is making but feels pretty fast.
Feels pretty good. Not any figures I’m willing to share at this point until the car gets more testing and track time.

Sponsored

sloride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Feels pretty good. Not any figures I’m willing to share at this point until the car gets more testing and track time.
you on E85? What’s the majority pushing boost wise on E85 and stock gen2 bottom end?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
you on E85? What’s the majority pushing boost wise on E85 and stock gen2 bottom end?
Probably 12-14psi Max. I am on E85

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Any updates on this? Have crank supports started shipping yet?

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Any updates on this? Have crank supports started shipping yet?
Sort of. Mine was out for delivery last week and procharger redirected back to them. They said it was an incomplete kit. Hoping to get it this week.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
What’s the crank pulley diameter on the gen2 procharger?
Sponsored