Procharger Crank Support:?

JBETANC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
About to pull the trigger on the new crank support. Anyone jumping on this? I really want peace of mind and I'm about to max out my P1X on my 18.
Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I talked to Bob at Brute Speed. They are still testing them. They have two test cars, but haven't officially released them for sale.

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Be interesting to see what they come up with. I know i definitely want one for my cat now that it has a built motor. Its a shame though that procharger basically ripped off the design from MFP Australia, instead of collaborating with them. They make the crank supports for the vmp and whipple superchargers in case you didnt know.

OP
OP

JBETANC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I talked to Bob at Brute Speed. They are still testing them. They have two test cars, but haven't officially released them for sale.
I actually emailed and he said its a few weeks out and got me pricing on it. Will be going with him once I get more info the the crank support. Just want to be sure it is solid.

drumstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Will this be beneficial if I have a H/O kit (non stage 2) with a stock crank pulley?

Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I actually emailed and he said its a few weeks out and got me pricing on it. Will be going with him once I get more info the the crank support. Just want to be sure it is solid.
I'll be reaching back out to him today. :)

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Be interesting to see what they come up with. I know i definitely want one for my cat now that it has a built motor. Its a shame though that procharger basically ripped off the design from MFP Australia, instead of collaborating with them. They make the crank supports for the vmp and whipple superchargers in case you didnt know.
serious question....Do you think MFP invented crank supports??

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Link? Cost?

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
serious question....Do you think MFP invented crank supports??
Obviously not. However MFP approached procharger at PRI last year about making a crank support for the coyote platform. And what they came out with looks pretty darn similar to the MFP design. This information was provided by Alex Flores on his "Talking Shit" youtube channel.

This is talked about starting at around 12:30 into the video. I know he has a love it or hate personality but what he does well is stating the facts and providing good information about tuning and mods and stuff.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Link? Cost?
Starts at $699 for satin. Requires a new ATI style Procharger crank pulley $210 additional. None of the current Procharger crank pullies will work without machining. No link. 3-4 weeks out. Contact Bob at Brute Speed. Part number: 2FWSU-003

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Obviously not. However MFP approached procharger at PRI last year about making a crank support for the coyote platform. And what they came out with looks pretty darn similar to the MFP design. This information was provided by Alex Flores on his "Talking Shit" youtube channel.

This is talked about starting at around 12:30 into the video. I know he has a love it or hate personality but what he does well is stating the facts and providing good information about tuning and mods and stuff.
I know. I watch his videos. But again, MFP didn’t not invent anything. Procharger and other companies have had crank supports for SBC and SBF for about 20 years. Also blower braces for other kits like Vortechs. This isn’t a new development. Just google and you’ll see MFP’s support looks about the same as parts used 20 years ago in older motors.

Last edited:

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I know. I watch his videos. But again, MFP didn’t not invent anything. Procharger and other companies have had crank supports for SBC and SBF for about 20 years. Also blower braces for other kits like Vortechs. This isn’t a new development. Just good and you’ll see MFP’s support looks about the same as parts used 20 years ago in older motors.
Well good to know. I just hope they make a version that works with the gen 1 (11-14) cars as well. In the video it says the crank support is for gen 2 and up cars.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)