Sponsored

Hellion Street Sleeper for daily?

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Hello all,

Looking at my current options, wanting to go FI around black friday time frame to make use of good sales. Currently trying to decide between Hellion street sleeper or whipple gen 5, but starting to sway towards the Hellion setup. Not looking for anything crazy quite yet, but eventually looking to turn it up.

Does anyone here daily their Hellion SS setup? Curious how reliability of the setup has been, and does having the turbos mounted low affect how they drive? Do most stay at stock height vs lowerered?
Sponsored

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
I plan on doing a Hellion setup myself. Part of my choice is because of the ability of it to be a more liveable DD. With a blower, you need to switch out the pulley to change the boost. With a turbo system, you press a button on the dashboard (mounted boost controller). It also opens up the door to cool stuff like boost-by-gear.
True, but I think for DD blower is cheaper and less maintenance

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
This is true, but won't always be a daily. I also have a 19 scat pack that I rarely drive, and looking to pick up a truck as a daily.

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
what exactly do you mean by "less maintenance"

I don't have a hellion kit but a custom low mount system and I can tell you its fine for daily driving. The only issue I have is my car is lowered 2 inches so I need to be careful on speed bumps. Hellions turbos actually sit higher than mine so you will have less of an issue.

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Personally I went Whipple due to not liking how low the turbos sit. my mustang is my daily I dont wanna worry about sucking in large amounts of water if it rains hard or worry about driving to my cabin which is on a crazy dusty dirt road.

Sponsored

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
what exactly do you mean by "less maintenance"

I don't have a hellion kit but a custom low mount system and I can tell you its fine for daily driving. The only issue I have is my car is lowered 2 inches so I need to be careful on speed bumps. Hellions turbos actually sit higher than mine so you will have less of an issue.
I was looking at turbo too, but since I researched this site over a year and half. I have seen post about the problem with boost leak that they had to keep chasing with all the pipes. The low mount have people saying that they scratch the pipe and the scavenger. You can do the search and read it. IMO I like the top mount but the piping is too much for me. I am not a mechanic and too old so I have to get someone to work on my car and it going to cost every time to get something check out.

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Personally I went Whipple due to not liking how low the turbos sit. my mustang is my daily I dont wanna worry about sucking in large amounts of water if it rains hard or worry about driving to my cabin which is on a crazy dusty dirt road.
Hello, hope everyone is well.

We wanted to just note that on our Sleeper kit the air intakes are routed up and next to the engine, and therefore there is no issue with any air intake of water, debris etc. We have had under mount systems as part of our product lineup for over 13 years and definitely design them to not have issues. For the massive power and reliability they provide do not be discouraged by the turbo inlet position.

Team Hellion

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was looking at turbo too, but since I researched this site over a year and half. I have seen post about the problem with boost leak that they had to keep chasing with all the pipes. The low mount have people saying that they scratch the pipe and the scavenger. You can do the search and read it. IMO I like the top mount but the piping is too much for me. I am not a mechanic and too old so I have to get someone to work on my car and it going to cost every time to get something check out.
Hello. Our Sleeper system has only 2 pipes from the turbo to the intercooler, one on each side. It is very simple and should not have any leaks or need maintenance. Once our systems are installed correctly, you will be able to drive daily with no issues. If you have any other concerns or questions please let us know how we can help.

Team Hellion

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
For the hellion kit does the 4th coupon code work ? Also that dual loud valve exhaust i assume is boost activated cutouts ?

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
@Stephen@lethal you being in Florida, no issues with the intakes under the car and the Florida downpours?

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
@Stephen@lethal you being in Florida, no issues with the intakes under the car and the Florida downpours?
No sir, its covered enough that it doesn't really get wet. I wouldn't suggest driving around during a hurricane lol but the sudden downpours we get haven't caused any issues.

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
Regarding the oil catch can and scavenger pump. Does anyone know if the Hellion Street Sleeper can be be ordered with Comp oiless turbos and eliminate the catch can, pump and associated fittings for it?
Thanks
Ken
Sponsored