Sponsored

2019 Mustang GT Owners, Any problems with the car yet?

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2007 Nissan Titan; 2010 Hyundai Veracruz; 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
2019 GT Premium, 6-speed.

7,100 miles and I have an indication of "Exhaust Mode Selection Not Available." Ford has an exhaust valve on order. If that ever happens again, I'll have them delete the exhaust valve and turn off the warning light.

Only other thing is that very occasionally, when I start it, the screen fails to initialize and the radio is "stuck" on channel and volume until the scree decides to come back to life. So far, they cannot duplicate the issue. But, I've only let them look at it once.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Things like that is probably the APIM. Crazy that it's still happening with 2019s. When that happens, try to do a 'soft reset', by pressing the radio power button and fast-forward button at the same time for a few seconds, until it starts resetting. Haven't done it on the Mustang yet, but at least that was the method for my ex-F150. Give it a try next time, and see if it works.

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
Shortly after oil change at 5000 km she got "typewriter tick" phenomena.
Without any other issues so far.

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
2019 Premium, PP1, 6-speed. 4K mi. One oil change to Mobile1 Synthetic.
IMG_0487.jpg
No Issues, rattles, ticks, or groans. I will say I broke it in by the book, and ignored all the 'bring it to the track the first day' chatter. Go for the electronic cluster. I love that. The only issues have been cosmetic. Change out the factory brakepads for the ones suggested on this site. The brake dust after one drive on the black rims was annoying as hell. Also, no spare tire is a bit annoying.
I live in CA so I also have never driven it in the rain, and I don't use it to commute to work.

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
So I just got to the 20k mile mark for service... (at 21k now), everything passed with flying colors, and I've had no issues at all, like the engine tick, rattling noises or less control at high speeds, etc.

However, within the past few weeks, my digital dash has been acting extremely strange. Sometimes it is completely blank when I start the vehicle, and no amount of turning on/off gets it to come back. I just end up sitting there or driving, and it comes back on its own. Often all my settings for the lighting resets when it does. Sometimes it just glitches out and shows me as having no fuel, even though as you can see my tank is almost full. It tends to reset itself to previous settings at some point, like there was never an issue. I don't have a way to reliably recreate the issue each time. I'm going to take it to the dealer soon but I'm afraid they may end up keeping it there a while... I am hoping this is just something that can be flashed and fixed.
You may want to look into this
https://www.mustang6g.com/ford-reca...s-for-instrument-panel-cluster-reprogramming/

Sponsored

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
11k miles on my 2019. No problems except for the battery, which was replaced 3 months or so after delivery. It sat on the lot for quite awhile.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Only 1700 mi on my 19 GT that I purchased pre-pandemic in Jan 2020. Only complaint was with outlet panel the center console , the usb outlet was loose and easily came out. I popped back in and no Other problems yet. I just haven’t had the chance to drive as much with working from home and the shutdowns. Next year hopefully I can get some 1 to 2 k trips in ..can’t wait.

Oh and the horn is weak...I saw a fix on here about adding 2nd horn..just too lazy to do.
55E8FFF6-D462-45CC-8021-B772A892EE1B.jpeg

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh and the horn is weak...I saw a fix on here about adding 2nd horn..just too lazy to do.
55E8FFF6-D462-45CC-8021-B772A892EE1B.jpeg
Did mine and its so much better. It was work putting it in though. If you have man-arms, its a bit tough. Skinny arms might be much easier. And don't drop any bolts in the belly pan. I knew not to do it, was really careful, and it happened anyhow lol. I had to pull the drivers side front tire to get it. Still worth it as opposed to listening to that junk 1/2 two tone

Sponsored

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Nothing yet, knock on wood. 2,500 miles and should probably do an oil change, though. Love the car
Mustang.jpg

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2007 Nissan Titan; 2010 Hyundai Veracruz; 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
What brake pads are recommended? I searched and didn't find much.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Me neither. But also want to know how easy is to replace them. And how about rear pads? Are they a matching set with the fronts, or because the calipers are crap, they have a more street-oriented pads? It'd be nice if only the fronts need to be replaced... and the new ones better match the rear ones. Thx.

mnebett

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
5100 mi., A/C stopped working. Excellent dealer warranty service experience. Turned out to be crimped wires at the evaporator during the original assembly.
Sponsored